Quad screen results

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Super Mommy
Saw my dr last night. Everything is good baby was resting so hr 137 my weight only 81/2 lbs total at 19 weeks. Fundal height and blood pressure good.

Only confusing bit was when she read my quad screen results. My risk of downs is 1:12000. Awesome for my age. But my dr was very hesitant and was questioning if they factored everything in to get that result. She wrote a bunch of notes and is gettin it rechecked??? I am confused. Is that too good for my age for it to be correct? I turn 42 this week. My nt at 13w 3d was 2mm. Of course I didn't start really thinking on this til after I left so now I am getting myself all worried. And this also caused her to get distracted so she told me I need iron pills but forgot to say how much to take. Hopefully it's in my chart. I will call this morning.

I hate worrying and now I won't see her for 4 weeks so I won't get any answers. So frustrated!! Especially since I should be happy and relieved. What do you ladies think? Am I getting worked up for nothing? Or should I be worried??
March 27th, 2013, 08:06 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She's probably just double checking for your age but sounds to me like everything is fine
March 27th, 2013, 08:16 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sure everything is fine, I would call and bug her about it though LOL

March 27th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Jen71's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow! That sounds awesome to me! I'm turning 42 also (Happy Birthday!!!) and my results were 1:310, and doctors weren't concerned. With a good ultrasound at 20 weeks, they changed it to 1:620 chance. I understand and I still worry about my risks, but doctors keep reassuring me that things look promising.

I'm guessing your doctor was thinking of something else besides your DS risk, and was just wanting to make sure all the bases ate covered.

March 27th, 2013, 10:07 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My results with just the first trimester screening was 1 in 770. I looked up what my risk was SOLELY on my age on Google (I am 36) and solely on my age my risk was 1 in 400. Maybe she thinks there was a typo or something?

I hope everything is fine.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
March 27th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Super Mommy
Ya I guess it is very very low for my age. I was prepared for a much higher risk. Guess I will know more in 4 weeks. Hmmmm. I hate waiting! At least I have my ultrasound next week to look forward to.
March 27th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I would guess she's double checking it for the age factor too. I wouldn't worry! Sounds like a great appointment.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

March 27th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
yup agreed. Probably just wants to make sure someone didnt mess up on the numbers. 4 weeks is too long, she should be able to answer some questions via phon or email.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search