Team Green Anyone?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Irishgirl99
  • 2 Post By c'est_la_vie
  • 1 Post By Ruthysb

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Regular
After reading everyone's updates on their anatomy/gender scan, I'm beginning to feel as though I'm outnumbered. Is anyone else waiting until birth to find out the gender of your baby?

I honestly never have the desire to find out the gender ahead of time, and after our son was born, it didn't even cross my mind to ask if it was a boy or girl until quite a few minutes after he was born. With his pregnancy, I had "nightmares" that that U/S tech slipped up and told us what we were having, when we didn't want to know. While I understand the excitement and practicality in finding out the gender ahead of time, it just isn't something that ever interested me, and I'm feeling outnumbered for sure.

I do think however, that this pregnancy is just different enough from my first, that it may be a girl, but I will wait until the birth day to confirm my hunch. Please tell me that there's at least one other person in our DDC that is waiting?

To all of you mama's who know the gender of your baby, congrats and happy nesting!
March 27th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Mommy of 3
Yep another team greener here. We've been team green with all of our kids.

I think there's 5 or 6 others on team green. There's a thread stickied at the top of the board with a list of the different team members. You can post there to be added to the Team Green list
Anchored and mom2K&G like this.

March 27th, 2013, 09:41 AM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
I'm on team green x2!
Colliekat and Irishgirl99 like this.

March 27th, 2013, 09:51 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
quite a few team green members here. I'm not one of them, though
March 27th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Veteran
Team green here too!! It's hard but that's ok. Rarely as adults do you get to be completely surprised in a good way.
March 27th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, there are quite a few Team Green! I... am not one of them! lol
I have NO patience, I couldn't even wait until my 20 week ultrasound and got one electively at 15 weeks

Huge props to you! The thought of being Green is SO much fun, I just am not strong enough lol

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

March 27th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Super Mommy
We are team green. It does feel like a small group. I am also worried about accidentally finding out at ultrasound. We go next Wednesday. I feel like it's a girl and SO thinks its a boy. But that's just cause he only has two boys. I have to admit the further along I get the more I hope it's a girl. Hard to tell if I feel it's a girl or I just want a girl. I was right about gender with my other 3. Think maybe it's on my mind more this time because everyone is talking about it right now.
March 27th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Pbear31's Avatar Super Mommy
Team Green all the way! I didn't find out with my son and the payoff was in the OR when my husband got to say "It's a boy!" It makes me tear up just thinking about it!
March 27th, 2013, 04:42 PM
mommy2skyty's Avatar Super Mommy
sorry ladies that I jumped off team green but I have no regrets! I am soo excited and happy for you ladies that are waiting until birth!

Skyla Helen- Feb 2nd, 2008
Tyler Lyman- Sep 6th, 2009

Quinn Kayden- Aug 17th, 2013

My kids are growing up soo fast!
March 28th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Veteran
Yup me! We are definitely in the minority here. I am having so much fun with it though. I love thinking of it is a new baby, instead of thinking about gender specific stuff. It just doesn't seem that important to me. I think about what gender the baby might be a little bit, mostly I though because everyone around me is always talking about it. I'm not planning on buying much stuff and have already got some gender neutral hand-me-downs. I actually prefer the more neutral stuff--i think it is sooo cute! I think us "team green" mommas should keep chatting!
Irishgirl99 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search