Another Update: Red Spot & Hernia

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By BeachMum
  • 1 Post By Jessmom
  • 1 Post By Tinky

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Following my DH's suggestion that I ask to see an OB on top of the ultrasound from yesterday, I was able to get an appointment first thing this morning at 9 a.m. The doctor was this really kind older gentleman with 6 kids of his own and was just extremely easy to talk to. He explained everything before he did it and honestly, was just a really nice man.

So anyway, he wanted to take a look at my cervix, but did not want to do a pap smear since I had just been bleeding yesterday. He did say that since my pap last month with the midwives had come back inconclusive that he wanted me to get one at my next midwife appointment at 20 weeks, but that it could wait until then assuming I didn't have any more bleeding. So then he took a look at my cervix and immediately saw a "red spot." He said that was the cause of the bleeding and decided to do the pap right then and there. He didn't seem *too* concerned about it, but I am kind of glad it's now done. Results from that will come back in 8-10 days and he said my midwives would follow up with me when they were back. My cervix was long and closed, so that's good!

But also, before he'd done anything and was just going to listen to the heartbeat, he commented on my stomach and asked me if I had a hernia. I told him I wasn't sure, because I honestly had no idea what one was, then he pointed to the bulging section at my belly button and asked me to tighten my muscles and sure enough, that's what I have. No wonder my stomach has been hurting! He said I'd need to see a surgeon, but they wouldn't touch the hernia until after the baby is born.

I haven't look it up yet, so I don't really know what to expect, but have any of you had an experience with a hernia? Is it a major surgery? Does it hurt?

I'm relieved to finally know why my stomach is hurting after I eat and why I keep having to push it back in near my belly button. I just assumed it was because of the separation of my stomach muscles, but now it makes complete sense.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

March 27th, 2013, 11:17 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a hernia that was found when I was pregnant with #4. I was supposed to have surgery to repair it at 6 weeks PP but I cancelled it because I didn't want to leave my 6 week old and have to pump and dump or give formula. It's a very simple day laparoscopic surgery, no hospital stay required (usually).
Husher likes this.

March 27th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Super Mommy
Glad you are gettin everything checked out. I wonder if there is a support belt or something you can wear for comfort.
Husher likes this.
March 27th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
Manbeast has a hernia in the same spot. They won't even do anything about his unless itis causing him pain. He just goes oh, I'm leaking and pushes it back in.
Husher likes this.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
March 27th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMum View Post
I have a hernia that was found when I was pregnant with #4. I was supposed to have surgery to repair it at 6 weeks PP but I cancelled it because I didn't want to leave my 6 week old and have to pump and dump or give formula. It's a very simple day laparoscopic surgery, no hospital stay required (usually).
How long ago was that? Do you think you'll ever get it repaired? Does it hurt you at all? It it near your belly button, too? I was worried about the pumping and being away from the baby thing too, but mine really does hurt at least once a day. It's not excruciating, but it's pretty uncomfortable. I feel kind of stupid for not knowing what it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Manbeast has a hernia in the same spot. They won't even do anything about his unless itis causing him pain. He just goes oh, I'm leaking and pushes it back in.
It doesn't hurt him, then? Mine is pretty uncomfortable, but I've had it since before I found out I was pregnant, so I am sure I can stand it for a few more months.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

March 27th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
Nope it doesnt hurt him at all...YET> There may come a time that it does. His weight plays a part in his coming out i think. If he were to lose some it might not rotrude as much. I hate that yours is hurting you

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
March 27th, 2013, 11:49 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I'm pretty sure I've had it since my gallbladder surgery in 2009, but I didn't know what it was until 2011 when I was pregnant with #4. I was supposed to have it removed in November, 2011, but I cancelled the appointment. It bothers me sometimes, but nothing too bad. I'm sure I will have it repaired, but we are self pay (no insurance) and well I also didn't want the added cost if it wasn't an emergency I guess.

March 27th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you have some answers, Cindy. I don't have any hernia experience, so no advice to offer there. I know it isn't usually something major though!

March 27th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish I could give advice on the hernia but I don't have any experience either
Glad they are working on fixin' ya up!

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search