Qotd: 3/28

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 05:05 AM
Momma2Chase's Avatar August 2013 DDC Co-Host
Are you happy with where you live (house and neighborhood wise) or would you rather move?

---------------------------------------

I hate our house and neighborhood. There are so many reasons why but the main ones are:

a) the school for our neighborhood is awful. I hate sending our kids there and I have to complain so often that the vice principal and I are on a first name basis! :\ I tried to have the kids moved out of district to a school further away (I would just drive them) but we got denied.

b) this area has this awful horrible disgusting "water bugs" (German cockroaches), they are HUGE and *gag* (don't google them.) - Yeah. I hate them. Unlike the other kind, they don't come from things being dirty - they come from wood and water and this area is just prone to them. I have a serious PHOBIA of these, if I see one I will seriously have a panic attack and cry. I am so scared of them that I can't even kill them.

c) we really dislike our neighbors. Long story short: the people to our immediate right are my husband's ex-wife's boyfriend's parents! AWKWARD. Nothing like going outside and seeing your ex! lol It's less weird for me, but still weird and we feel like we're always being watched.

d) not enough room for 5 people! (soon to be 6!)

Okay that's just a summed up version lol
Needless to say, our house is going up for sale in a week! I am just praying that it sells quick but I doubt it.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

March 28th, 2013, 05:14 AM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
I like our house and neighborhood BUT I don't like our base we are stationed at. I am so ready to move already! We PCS in Jan and honestly it can't come soon enough!

March 28th, 2013, 05:21 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
We are in the good part of our neighborhood. It is quiet right here, but to the south side there are issues, drugs, prostitutes, shootings.

Our neighbors are both single, one is an elderly man and the other a middle aged woman with no family. The elderly man complains about the kids stepping on his grass and actually called police on my two year old dd. The other woman complains about the kids balls going over her fence, which is NOT a frequent occurrence.

Our house is small, three bedroom, one bath 1300 sq ft bungalow, and there are 13 people living here.

However, the house is completely paid for, no mortgage and for that we are blessed.
mommy_to_nico likes this.
#12 is on the way
March 28th, 2013, 05:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i would love to move to my sisters apt complex. her school district has a autism program which would be good for nick. also more square ft then us.

i love the quietness of my area and the pool and gym. so if i moved, i would just have to drive not even 5mins to use the pool and gym. we still have our lease which isn't up till jan 2014. so we have to stay b/c it doesn't pay to transfer, we'd need 3,000 with fees etc. we'd rather save that for the baby. i don't want to move in the middle of the school yr either, we did that 2 already and that was why we signed a 2 yr lease for stability for nick.

March 28th, 2013, 05:48 AM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
We live in a nice neighborhood close enough to the city which I love but not in the city I just hate the school my DD is in right now and I can not wait until May the end of the school year so we will not have to deal with the school anymore!

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
March 28th, 2013, 06:01 AM
KeLLiC09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are you happy with where you live (house and neighborhood wise) or would you rather move?

I like the neighborhood for the most part. There are 2, possibly 3 people who I just can't stand in my neighborhood. I have my neighbors right next door to me who get drunk almost on a daily basis and fight with each other, call the cops on each other and nothing seems to every happen to them. Then their neighbor next to them has what I believe is sewage water coming out of a PVC pipe from his house into our alley and into the sewer that runs to the bay. The reason I think it's sewage water is because I had the same smell in my bathroom last weekend. And then there is the "drug house" across the street from us. We call it the drug house because they always have people in and out of that house. They are very shady people.

As for my house, I like it for the most part, but the son of the people who owned it really did a half butt job on renovations which means we're having to re-do some things. All in all though, I'd rather move. My state and the taxes are just ridiculous!
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13

March 28th, 2013, 06:50 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I LOVE our neighborhood and wish our house was bigger. Our plans to add on are getting finalized AGAIN and hopefully we can break ground soon and get it done. I wish I could move to a suburbs of a bigger city like Dallas or back to Florida though.

March 28th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Great question. I love our house because we designed and built it when we first got married and the neighborhood is fine too for the most part but we are in a three bedroom home and we are at full capacity now with little girl #2. My parents live in N.Ireland but also bought a house just a few mins from where we live in Texas. (They are eventually moving here). Our plans are to build in their neighborhood when Shannon finishes nursing school (approx 3 years).

March 28th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
HATE our neighborhood (well, the management of our community), love my house.

The management here does stupid crap like try to tell us we can't use our garage and/or storage shed for ...gasp... STORAGE.
And yesterday informed us we have 1 week to remove the kids playhouse/swing set from the backyard for unknown reasons (it's been here since before we moved in and it wasn't a violation then, but apparently is now).

They are awful. Wish we could pick up our house and move it somewhere else.

Most of our neighbors are okay. The guy next door is kinda crazy. Like he can't decide whether to be a decent human being or a major grump. He'll be super nice and then randomly do stuff like come over and threaten to shoot our dog with a bb gun or yell at us for being bad parents because our SPD child is throwing a tantrum on the porch...

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

Last edited by Kelllilee; March 28th, 2013 at 07:53 AM.
March 28th, 2013, 08:00 AM
MissCiara's Avatar It's A Girl!
I wanna move only because I am currently living in a one bedroom apartment and need some extra space.
March 28th, 2013, 08:37 AM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I love where we live. We live in Toronto, so a major city, but just north outside the core that we're directly on the subway line without it being too crazy. We live in a 2br in a high rise. No issues with our neighbours at all. One even said she's excited for our baby and if the baby cries loud enough she'll hear, she'll just get ear plugs We even like it enough that if we want more space, we want to transfer to a 3br in the same building.

The one thing I have no clue on, however, is the school system.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

March 28th, 2013, 09:36 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love my town, hate the house, well trailer! It is a double wide 3 bedroom but its so tiny! I have 4 cabinets in the kitchen! I had to have my dad build me a shelf for food! I'm so tired of having to stack everything too! Then 2 of the 3 bedrooms are only big enough to fit a queen size bed! The 3 kids share the big room, as that's the only way things would work! You can't get dress in the bathroom, because there's a tub and then the sink and toilet, and when you are siting on the toilet your knees are under the sink! Can't wait to move but there's nothing around here to move into and when a nice 3 bedroom does become available its outrageously priced!

March 28th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We really, really need a bigger house. I like our neighborhood, but would prefer to be in a nicer area and closer to work. Definitely will try to send our kids to magnet schools because the schools in the neighborhood are awful.

We bought a year or so before the market crashed and so we're pretty much stuck in the house for at least 5 more years.

March 28th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No complaints here nice house, good neighborhood, nice neighbors who mostly keep to themselves.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
March 28th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I like where we live, not so crazy about the house, but it's a roof over our heads so what's not to like?

I cannot wait for DH to get out of the Army so we can move back to my hometown.
March 28th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
we are in a great neighborhood, lots of families our age, very safe, etc. I LIKE our house but I'm not in love with it. We really need 1 more bedroom and there are a lot of quirks about it that drive me nuts but for now it's perfect. We won't know where we'll be in 2 years with DH's orders so it's not feasible to try and move now.

March 28th, 2013, 04:03 PM
BirdsWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes! I love AZ! Our house is a great starter home and the neighborhood is great! When we move to a bigger house we will be staying in the area!

March 28th, 2013, 05:23 PM
IvyMommy's Avatar Veteran
We live in a cul de sac street that only has 10 houses...Our home is not in the city but close enough to the city if that makes sense..We live out by the big boating/fishing lake here and it takes us just 5 minutes to get our boat to the marina and in the lake from our home I love our house it looks like a big dollhouse. We have 4 bedrooms I would love 5 though so we could have a room for one more baby after this one I love that we have no nighbors behind us just woods that we own...Our neighbors are awesome people too they even feed my dog treats. She goes from house to house for a treat I do want to redo our kitchen and decorate more and put in hardwood floors We have two living rooms so we have plenty of living space..only thing that I don't like is that it is a little ways from my kid's school and sprorts..but its worth the drive ... oh and that my in laws live 10 minutes away
March 28th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Kaisia's Avatar Veteran
Where we're living now: I like the apartment, mostly. There's things that drive me nuts, but that would be true anywhere here (Korea). It's certainly the fanciest place I will probably ever live, as when I choose I tend to go for practical over luxury. I wish our neighborhood was more English-friendly, but it's close to a subway so I can get wherever I need to easily enough. And the view is amazing.

For our real house, back in Virginia, the house is fine, but the neighborhood is awful. The DC area is super expensive, so we had to work with what we could afford. The first thing we're going to do when we move back is install a security system because there have been a couple of break-in attempts since we left. We have drug-dealing neighbors, and I think the problems are coming from the teenagers who hang out there. The school district is also the one crappy one in the county, so we'll be moving before the little one hits that age. Saving up for that now. Honestly, though, the house is plenty big, has a nice yard, good enough amenities, etc. It's not nearly as "nice" as our apartment here, but I miss it terribly just the same.
March 28th, 2013, 08:16 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel very very lucky in this area! It took us ten years, but we finally bought our house last August and it is perfect! Plenty big enough for us, nice yard, great town, great neighborhood, wonderful neighbors, good schools, fun community....it was definitely worth the wait!!!! (And the ten years living in apartments until we could buy LOL)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search