Dizzy Spells and Headaches - concerned.

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Colliekat
  • 2 Post By ElliotsMommy13
  • 1 Post By UrbanMomma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 06:24 AM
KeLLiC09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had a headache on and off since last Saturday. I'm not sure if it has to do with me not eating or drinking enough or if it has to do with me being stressed from all that went on last weekend with my house or the stress with the season beginning. I've been reading that it usually has to do with me not eating enough or drinking enough. I feel like I'm thirsty all the time. Not as hungry as much but that's a normal thing for me. Last week at my appointment, everything was well. Blood pressure was great. Only gained 5lbs and at my anatomy scan yesterday, everything looked fine as well.

Should I call my doctor or see if eating and drinking more will help? I called out of work because my fear is I'm driving in the tunnel or into work and get a dizzy spell and pass out while driving.

Suggestions?
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13

March 28th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Try to step up your water intake. That can help immensely. You should aim for approx 64 oz every day or more if you can get it in. Feel better!
KeLLiC09 likes this.

March 28th, 2013, 07:34 AM
KeLLiC09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been downing water this morning and even some vitamin water and I'm feeling a little better. Maybe that's what it is, I need more food and water in me
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13

March 28th, 2013, 07:41 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had to leave my strenuous job on my feet all the time with lts of climbing because of dizziness. I set a extra appointment because I was so concerned and they just said its due to the extra blood and is normal and to drink as much as possible. I'm also not so hungry at times and crazy cravings at other but I listen to the cravings and its usually for protein or iron.. Which makes sense to strengthen all that extra blood. Since drinking more, resting some, and going with cravings, I'm feeling much better but still light headed at times.

I hope the feeling subsides soon and you feel better! It can't hurt to call the doctors. And don't overdo it.. I know how scary it is to feel that way then worry about the baby!
Momma2Chase and KeLLiC09 like this.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
March 28th, 2013, 07:43 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Make sure you don't go long periods without eating, carry small, healthy snacks with you and drink plenty of water, my MW recommends lemon wedges in it. If you get really dizzy try lying down in a cool, dark, quiet room for 10-15 minutes.

Sometimes the headaches and dizziness are caused by low blood sugar or blood pressure.

Feel better.
KeLLiC09 likes this.
#12 is on the way
March 28th, 2013, 08:41 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with UrbanMama.

You should drink and eat small frequent meals. For me, I know my headaches and dizziness is blood pressure related.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
March 28th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Momma2Chase's Avatar August 2013 DDC Co-Host
I agree with all of the ladies - I had these a few weeks ago and went into the dr and my BP was great, no protein in my urine, etc. so they chalked it up to migraines and also told me to try to avoid stress, and make sure I'm eating and drinking properly. They also said the dizziness could be a result of all of the extra blood in my body right now

Hope you feel better soon1

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search