2nd or 3rd (or more) kids - will you do a registry?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 08:45 PM
carolinashore's Avatar Veteran
I didn't have a shower with my second DS, but I did do a registry. I didn't tell anyone about it unless they asked. We ended up having a meet the baby party after he was born We're planning to have a shower for this one.

March 29th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a registry but it's mostly for my own personal reference. People hardly ever seem to buy from them anyways in my experience. I've made one with each baby though! Just in case someone asks what we need.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
March 29th, 2013, 06:12 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did a registry with #3 and might this time, especially since it's a girl and I haven't had a baby girl in 10 years. But I won't share it, just to get the coupons, and keep track of what I want. I didn't share mine with #3 either, well I did with my SIL.

March 29th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Veteran
I had one with my first son in 2003. Then I had another for my second son in 2009 because it had been so long and it seemed okay. I did not have a registry for my 3rd son in 2011. Same gender and it was so close to the previous baby, it seemed rude/pointless? People still gave clothes, gift cards and some specific items we suggested when asked at our "sprinkle". We then used gc towards a double stroller and new car seat but thankfully there wasn't a ton we really needed. This will be the 4th baby and if it was a boy I would not register again..... However,It turns out it is a girl and now I am unsure what to do. Maybe I will do one for myself and if people ask I can share the link. I really only NEED clothing though, although there are other cutesy things I would like to have. It won't make a difference to use a blue bathtub, bumbo, washclothes etc. It does seem like there are some discounts for making registries though, so you could always make some for the benefits and share or keep it to yourself. I think my SIL said she got a $20 gc for making one at Target.

Lanae: Mommy to Ethan, Will, Alex and Surprise baby GIRL due August 15, 2013!

Last edited by 4littleloves; March 29th, 2013 at 10:48 PM.
March 30th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will but I don't really need much. I always just scan everything that I might want or need. The reason you should always do a registry, even if you don't tell people about it, is because most places offer you a good discount, like 10% off of everything that was not bought off the registry if you want to buy it yourself!!

March 30th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
I did a registry with my 3rd 5 years ago. I won't with this one simply becuase I have a running list in my head, and no one to share with or who would ask. I am pathetic like that I guess

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search