2nd or 3rd (or more) kids - will you do a registry?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 07:54 AM
KeLLiC09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since we're having another boy, we probably won't have a baby shower for this one. But, would it be wrong to make a registry so if someone asks what we need, we could say "Oh, we made a registry just to keep everything organized as to what we need and have gotten." Is that wrong to do or make us look needy? I honestly was going to do it just to keep myself organized with it all. thoughts?
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13

March 28th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We did one and were having a second girl. I hardly kept anything from when Maddie was a baby, so we really do need quite a few things. I wouldn't feel bad about it!
KeLLiC09 likes this.

March 28th, 2013, 08:19 AM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
I don't see anything wrong with you wanting to have one. We aren't this time because I have most of DS's clothes and equipment already. So we don't have a lot to get.

March 28th, 2013, 08:23 AM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
I don't think there's anything wrong with it! I didn't with my last one but I will this time because it's my first boy and a friend is throwing a shower.

March 28th, 2013, 08:27 AM
I know my friend at work is throwing me a shower at work. I just figured if someone asked us "Oh, what can we buy for the baby?" We can say we have a registry rather then guess what we need.

I didn't keep hardly anything from Nate because honestly I didn't think we would have any more. I do have his swing and some 0-3m clothes and some bottles I bought off a friend, but nothing else. I'm someone who wants to keep things organized and I feel like that would be a good way to do it.

March 28th, 2013, 08:33 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is my 5th baby and our 7th when you add in my two step DDs. I already registered at Babies R Us and Target. I don't see anything wrong with it.
KeLLiC09 likes this.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
March 28th, 2013, 08:34 AM
You all are making me feel so much better about making a registry You all rock!
mom2K&G and 4littleloves like this.

March 28th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nothing wrong with it at all!
KeLLiC09 likes this.

March 28th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Momma2Chase's Avatar August 2013 DDC Co-Host
Do it!!

I actually made a registry earlier on to bookmark things for my own benefit! I put things on there that DH and I knew we wanted and after we found out the gender I put some more specific stuff- and now my mom and sister and friends are all asking about a registry so it worked out in the end!
KeLLiC09 likes this.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

March 28th, 2013, 09:41 AM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
Make a registry there is nothing wrong with it, you are having a shower at work so there is a need for it and you never know who else may end up throwing one for you. It's also a good organization tool to keep track of what you have, want, and still need. I am going to do one at Target this weekend and finish my Babies R Us one as well.
KeLLiC09 likes this.

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
March 28th, 2013, 10:27 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did one and Max is our third baby in 6-7 years. He is the first boy, but we also did one when we had DD2! People always end up asking, also it's helpful for reminding ME what we still need. Plus, (and this is usually the reason I give people for why we did one lol), when you create a registry, you usually get free stuff/coupons from the store. And BRU enters you in a once a month drawing to win your registry or get 500$ or something i think.
KeLLiC09 likes this.

March 28th, 2013, 11:05 AM
I figured people will start asking and I wanted it to keep me organized.

March 28th, 2013, 11:06 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
There is nothing I really need, and I wouldn't want anyone to spend top dollar on anything anyway. Too bad you can't register at a second hand store or thrift shop.
KeLLiC09 likes this.
#12 is on the way
March 28th, 2013, 11:18 AM
BirdsWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have totally been struggling with this decision. I feel weird about it for some reason. My 2 friends are throwing me a shower though and they want me to register! I guess I just feel weird telling people things I want when it is my 3rd kid. My friends said I had to because it's a girl and we need new things but I just feel self concious! In the end I think I will register but I will only put the smaller stuff like towels, blankets etc. The crib and everything we will do ourselves!
mamalamb, yvee80, KeLLiC09 and 1 others like this.

March 28th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We registered and this is our third!

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

March 28th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Veteran
This is my third and my oldest is only four, and I have an ongoing registry on amazon. I think they still had mine up from my son, and I just changed the due date and edited the list. I don't expect anyone to look at it, but I use it as an ongoing shopping list for myself (and I love how I can scan items I see with my phone and add them to a registry or wish list on amazon). This is our first girl, so we get a few more gifts, but we really don't need much.
March 28th, 2013, 11:59 AM
BirdsWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I should add....the good think about making a registry is getting the discount on stuff when you close it out! Before my friends offered a shower we thought about making a registry and just not telling anyone so we could close it out and get the discount lol!

March 28th, 2013, 12:57 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsWifey View Post
I have totally been struggling with this decision. I feel weird about it for some reason. My 2 friends are throwing me a shower though and they want me to register! I guess I just feel weird telling people things I want when it is my 3rd kid. My friends said I had to because it's a girl and we need new things but I just feel self concious! In the end I think I will register but I will only put the smaller stuff like towels, blankets etc. The crib and everything we will do ourselves!
I don't usually register for the big stuff but my mom always ends up getting it for my shower anyway...I feel some kind of way registering for expensive stuff. This time around I will put the car seat and stroller on there because my mom told me too I am sure she is getting it..what's weird is although my DH has 3 children from another marriage they never had shower because no one liked his wife AT all and she had no friends and my first baby shower s with my DD who will be 14 so we have not had one in 14 years...

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
March 28th, 2013, 04:39 PM
waxzon's Avatar Happy Mommy!
Send a message via MSN to waxzon Send a message via Yahoo to waxzon
I'm doing a registry and this is my second girl, DHs aunt has asked already if I was registered because she wants to buy that baby something. So I think it's a good thing to have for people that do want to buy you things

9-13-12
Make a pregnancy ticker
March 28th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't. I figure if people want to buy me stuff they are welcome to just pick me up something.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search