19 Week Anatomy Ultrasound- Disappointed

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Veteran
Well, the baby looked in good health, so not disappointed there, and in fact very grateful. However my husband and I were VERY excited to learn the sex, and the baby was sitting with its legs crossed, ankles crossed, kneeling. The tech said her "best educated guess" would be girl, but she was not even remotely positive. She told us the very earliest we could come back was in 5 weeks because she needed to see heart chambers which she didn't get a good look at. I asked if there was ANY way to come back sooner and she refused.

The tech was also not very nice or personable. I asked if maybe jiggling my stomach or jumping a bit would help the baby move, and she shot me down and said "if it hasn't moved yet with me scanning it won't for anything else". The entire appointment took less than 20 minutes and the pictures we got were extremely blurry (even with a super full bladder).

It was great to see our LO, but I can't help feeling disappointed. We were planning to do a 3D ultrasound at 30 weeks, but I think I want to get it done in the next week. My husband thinks it's a waste of money to do it so early. Not the entirely joyful day I had planned in my mind.
March 28th, 2013, 10:09 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh no hon! I bet it is a girl though. the 3d ultrasounds are still really cute early on and some will do a cheap short gender scan and then a bigger scan later on, but even at 20 weeks they are cute

i'd be upset about the lady, too. there are definitely things you can do next time for the baby be more active.
March 28th, 2013, 10:21 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh I'm sorry!!!!! Wonderful news that baby is healthy but so dissapointing not to find out gender!

March 28th, 2013, 11:09 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sorry about that disappointment!! I am glad baby is doing well, though.. My ultrasound at 20 weeks was beyond disappointing and made me glad I had already paid for the elective one.. I think all future babies I will do the elective one for sure because techs from insurance seem to be no good.

5 weeks feels like an eternity.. but I'll be waiting for your update!

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
March 28th, 2013, 11:19 AM
BirdsWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry about your appointment! Glad the baby is healthy though! I would do the 3d next week! I don't think I could wait until 30 weeks!!

March 28th, 2013, 11:19 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Glad the baby looks good, but sorry you didn't get to find out the gender. Changing your position or shaking your belly can move baby, what an impatient tech. ughhh.
#12 is on the way
March 28th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Veteran
Thanks for all the encouragement! I wasn't at all happy with our tech, but she's the only one who does it for the entire practice. I called and made an appointment on Saturday afternoon with an elective ultrasound place just for gender. It's worth it to me...and we can tell our families on Easter like we were planning to!
March 28th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
ugh sorry you didn't get a good picture. I would definitely go and get an elective u/s done.

March 28th, 2013, 12:30 PM
teeny0518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's great you are doing the elective one! We did that and LOVED it. The tech was so nice and accomodating and gave us a ton of pics. We had the ultrasound for a good 20 minutes and the whole time she was showing us little girl's head, hands, feet, etc. It was very nice to have an appt that was all about mom and baby! You will love it!

***Thanks to Vicki for my awesome signature!!!***

1st OB Appt: 01/02 (6w0d) - Pregnancy confirmed!
2nd OB Appt/Ultrasound: 01/14 (7w5d) - Baby's heart rate 131
3rd OB Appt: 02/11 (11w5d) - Baby's heart rate 166
4th OB Appt: 03/11 (15w5d) - Baby's heart rate 150
Elective Gender Scan: 03/16 (16w2d) - It's a GIRL!!!
5th OB Appt/Anatomy Scan: 04/08 (19w5d) - Baby's heart rate 155
6th OB Appt: 05/06 (23w5d)- Baby's heart rate 148
7th OB Appt/Glucose Test: 06/03 (27w5d) -Baby's heart rate 144, Passed Glucose Test!
8th OB Appt: 06/14 (29w2d) - Baby's heart rate 140
9th OB Appt: 06/24 (30w5d) - Baby's heart rate 135
3D/4D Ultrasound: 06/29 - She looks like her Daddy!
10th OB Appt: 07/10 (33w0d) - Baby's heart rate 131
11th OB Appt: 07/22 (34w5d) - Baby's heart rate 140
12th OB Appt: 08/05 (36w5d) - Baby's heart rate 136; 2.5 cm dilated/80% effaced!
13th OB Appt: 08/12 (37w5d) - Baby's heart rate 145; 3 cm dilated/80% effaced
14th OB Appt: 08/19 (38w5d) - Baby's heart rate 145; 3.5 cm dilated/80% effaced
Birthday 08/21/2013 - 6lbs, 12 oz, 19 inches long and PERFECT!
March 28th, 2013, 12:37 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
Glad that baby is well sorry about the tech you have, they know how excited people are to find out the gender you should have at least been able to do something to see if baby would move, that wouldn't have required too much time GEEZ!!! Good luck at the elective place !

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search