Had my f/u appt and u/s yesterday

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By alittlelost
  • 1 Post By mamalamb
  • 1 Post By Jessmom
  • 1 Post By 4littleloves

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
I had my anatomy scan on the 14, where they found a short funneling cervix at 1.7. last week at the recheck the doc said it was at 0.7 and immedietly started prep for an emergnecy cerclage but changed her mind after talking to the surgeon. I was instructed to come back in a week and if they found it shorter we would re-visit the discussion for the cerclage. Yesterday the measurment was a 1.11 and the MFM decided that she was comfortable with discharging me from high risk care back to midwifes.She doesn't feel it will be necassary for any further cervix checks and said to keep taking the progestrone. This is at the naval Hospital. She told me and the manbeast that since I don't have a history of PTL and am over 20 weeks, the risk outweighs the benefits. I am a little nervous. At the original scan the doc talked alot of scarey stuff, the new doc seems less concerned. I am excited to be seeing my old midwife though, she delivered my last baby as well as follow my pregnancy before. I really think she will watch things close and do whatever to ease any concr=erns I might have.

Since delivery is done by whoever is on call at the naval hospital at the time (mw, docs only come in for high risk or a problem) It will be the luck of the draw of I get MY mw. The MFM said they would induce at 39 weeks because of my history of precipitous labor. I told her I am not comfortable with that, i want things to be as natural as possible. She tried telling me all the reasons its a good idea and in my head I agreed to disagree and come back to this talk later, with my lovely midwife. I did allow an induction with my mw for my last baby only becuase it was December and we had a freak cold spell right around his duedate. -19 degrees in North carolina at night, and I was afraid he'd come in the car like Alex did. I was unhappy about it then and still mourn letting nature take it's course. (I know it is stupid but I do) I love my MW> She actually set up induction for a day she wasn't on duty, but came up to L&D a couple times after I was admitted, and even stayed after work JUST to delivery the Toe. <3

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
March 29th, 2013, 01:32 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm SO glad the more recent news was better, and it sounds like your MW will keep an eye on things. She really sounds like a great MW, too! A total keeper I hope that things continue to go well for you from here forward. I understand why you are worried, though. Everything going to be all right *hugs* and you probably won't need an induction this time I bet!
Tinky likes this.
March 29th, 2013, 01:58 PM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like things are stable. That is great to hear!
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
March 29th, 2013, 06:32 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad you got good news!!!!!!

I'll cross my fingers for you to avoid an induction if you cross yours for ME to also avoid one LOL!!
Tinky likes this.

March 29th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Super Mommy
So great to hear your numbers are going up!! Will you stay on the progesterone for the rest of your pregnancy now? Hope you are feeling better now that you got some good news.
Tinky likes this.
March 29th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Veteran
That's great you can see the midwife you prefer again. Yay, for getting taken off high risk. Crossing my fingers that you get the natural labor you want despite what the dr is saying now.
Tinky likes this.

Lanae: Mommy to Ethan, Will, Alex and Surprise baby GIRL due August 15, 2013!

March 30th, 2013, 05:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
Yup, I have to keep using the progestrone I believe until week 35-36ish? I am also supposed to still take it as easy as possible. No more than 15 min on the feet at a time. She said make my chores work for me, bring a basket of laundry to the couch and fold them and don't fold them out of the dryer The doc did say that the cervix can get a bit longer, then shorter again but I am going with the mindset it's at least holding steady enough otherwise.

Some of the reasons The doc reasoned an induction: It is messy and better left to the hospital to clean up. I don't want to display my privaets in public. She doesn't want me blocking the gate (onto base) and making more of a traffic jam than usual.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
March 30th, 2013, 07:12 AM
mariri's Avatar Veteran
so happy for you

Topic Tools Search this Topic