*****APRIL Posting Challenge: Team Pink*****

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree19Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2013, 01:52 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
She will be Ayla <3 We have her furniture and some clothes, but we've been saving up for a huge shopping spree for after my baby shower.

My ideal plan is to get what we for sure we know we'll need, and then have money set aside for some "oh ****" buys, when we realize we need something we don't have.... I'm not sure how practical this plan is though, as I'm a FTM. Ahhh.
Ray88 likes this.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

April 2nd, 2013, 02:28 PM
waxzon's Avatar Happy Mommy!
Send a message via MSN to waxzon Send a message via Yahoo to waxzon
We're pretty sure her name will be Charlotte Elise "Charlee" but it could change at any time I've only bought a few outfits and blankets so far, since I've kept everything from DD I'd like to go though and what I want to reuse and want to get new

9-13-12
Make a pregnancy ticker
April 2nd, 2013, 02:58 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I have bought some diapers, a couple new outfits and some thrift store clothes. I have all the bigger stuff, but may buy a "new" (off Craigslist) swing and double stroller.
#12 is on the way
April 2nd, 2013, 04:37 PM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh yay! My wrap should be here in the next few days! My bouncer will be here Thursday. My summer maternity dress will be here Thursday, and my tanks and baby girls dress here Monday! I wasn't going to buy the dress for lil girl, because I want to wait and confirm she's a girl at my next ultrasound, but I said what the heck, I'll save the receipt! Glad I did, I went back today to the site and it was sold out!

April 2nd, 2013, 04:54 PM
Jen71's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh my gosh you guys.... I've got NOTHING!! No names, no baby items, no ones offered to do a baby shower, no money. Seriously, we can't pay mortgage and I have $75 in the bank for the next 1.5 weeks. All I can do is pray that something gets better. DH is self-employed, so there are times that thing are really rough, and times we have enough to make ends meet with some extra. This is lean season, but hes getting some jobs in that should help. Meanwhile, its fun to think up names. if we could just agree.

April 2nd, 2013, 07:11 PM
Veteran
We've done hardly anything to specifically prepare for this baby. We have all the big things already from my boys that we will use again and I have a stash of girl clothes I've been saving up. But I haven't bought anything for this baby specifically, besides a few things I got at a garage sale two weekends ago. And we have hardly talked about names! We'll definitely be the ones who are holding our baby and still trying to decide on a name!

How many of us are having our first girl? And how many have a big sister? It seems like there are several of us that are boy moms having our first girl in this group. It's been almost two weeks and I'm still trying to make myself believe that we're having a girl. A benefit of having a four year old is that he talks about his "girl baby" all the time so we get to talk about her together and I think his enthusiasm is helping it start to sink in.
April 2nd, 2013, 07:18 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't believe I'm posting here. I'm still in denial really and so worried to find out they were wrong. After 3 boys, I'm just paranoid. My OB is going to do a peek at my next appt at the end of the month to check for me, but said the tech doesn't usually tell you gender unless she's certain. I'm still worried. We haven't bought anything and will wait until we hear for sure.

We have 1 dd, she's 9 and then the 3 boys. Her name will be Mayah Victoria.

How is everyone feeling?

April 2nd, 2013, 07:22 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
this is my fourth girl LOL

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

April 2nd, 2013, 07:44 PM
I have boy (7), girl (6), boy (4.5), baby girl on the way.

April 2nd, 2013, 08:57 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is my first girl after having a boy!!!

BUT she will also have a big sister! We have full custody of my husbands two children, so Madison is finally getting the baby sister she's always wanted and she is so excited!

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

April 2nd, 2013, 11:13 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I'm so excited to be having a little girl too It is my first, but now I'm so in love with the idea. I can't wait.

So, I think you ladies should post pictures of some of the things you have gotten or want to get for your little lady? Pink or otherwise! I like seeing stuff like that, especially getting ideas

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

April 3rd, 2013, 03:41 AM
Coming home outfit!

Bookreader likes this.

April 3rd, 2013, 03:59 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGamer View Post
I'm so excited to be having a little girl too It is my first, but now I'm so in love with the idea. I can't wait.

So, I think you ladies should post pictures of some of the things you have gotten or want to get for your little lady? Pink or otherwise! I like seeing stuff like that, especially getting ideas
I'll post some of the things I bought later today. A bunch is due to arrive today!

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
April 3rd, 2013, 05:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Gosh, we have all the furniture here, DH just has to put it together, her clothes up to 6 months, diapers, wipes, swing/bouncer, high chair, bassinet, and the stuff to make her blanket. Plus her coming home outfit that we ordered came in yesterday and her bow will be here next week. We are like all set for her.
April 3rd, 2013, 05:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This is my second girl and I'm delighted that Maddie is going to be a big sister. She is so stinking excited about meeting her baby sister

April 3rd, 2013, 07:21 AM
Anyone else have allergies? Mine seem so much worse than usual and I can't decide if it's allergies.....or a cold. :-|

{ chemical 10/26/12}
April 3rd, 2013, 09:27 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is my 4th girl, and I have one son who is 9. My DH also has 2 DDs, so girls abound at our house!!
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
April 3rd, 2013, 09:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not having any allergy issues but I'm still incredibly tired all the time.
April 3rd, 2013, 11:57 AM
How about swim wear? Anyone buying a new suit? That's really the only clothing I'm splurging on because I want to be able to cool off as much as possible this summer without feeling like a beached whale I ordered one from motherhood maternity today. There suits are cheaper than most I found online. There were some for $80+ .... o.O

{ chemical 10/26/12}
April 3rd, 2013, 12:23 PM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do not plan on being anywhere near a bathing suit! I already feel like a beached whale! lol

Plus our summers are not all that hot. I can probably count on both hands the days that are over 90 around here.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search