Gift Idea Poll

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Gift Idea Poll
I'd like my partner to choose from specific items I've listed elsewhere 13 54.17%
I'd like my partner to make a decision based on what they know about me 11 45.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By ElliotsMommy13
  • 1 Post By Colliekat
  • 2 Post By Anchored

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2013, 02:20 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Clarifying:

Option A: You fill out questionnaire (which will include your likes, dislikes, registry and wishlist links, gender if known, etc.)... you would like your partner to only buy items from your registry/wishlist.

Option B: You fill out questionnaire (which will include your likes, dislikes, registry and wishlist links, gender if known, etc.)... you do not mind if your partner decides to "wing it" and pick out a gift that may not be on your wish list.

No matter what you will get a link to your secret partner's registry/wishlist! This is, of course, assuming they have one. I am only asking this question because in previous topics ladies have mentioned only wanting to get items off their registries.

Please only vote if you're a member of the August DDC

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

Last edited by Anchored; April 5th, 2013 at 01:42 PM.
April 2nd, 2013, 04:06 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Id like the option to see the other person's registry but I would like to give anyone the option to be creative or get something else if they would like.
alittlelost and mrskfet like this.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
April 2nd, 2013, 04:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not picky but this is my third baby so I'd like something at least similar to something I've either registered for or decided to purchase myself.

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

April 2nd, 2013, 09:01 PM
Seems to be a lot of people liking both options on this- what ill probably end up doing for this one is putting that as a question on what we all fill out and then trying to pair people up that way so everyone gets what they want!

*Thank you to

April 3rd, 2013, 05:49 AM
I should probably have specified a little better: No matter what, the questionnaire will ask for people to list specifics/registry/etc. The registry/etc will give your partners idea but they may not necessarily pick from that list for you

The question is really: Do you want your partner to ONLY get you something off your list? OR are you okay with them doing something on their own?

*Thank you to

April 3rd, 2013, 08:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think its a good idea to work from a registry but also the person should have the option that they can use their own imagination.
alittlelost likes this.

April 3rd, 2013, 09:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
For me we don't have a registry. So I'm open to whatever someone picks out for us.
April 4th, 2013, 02:00 AM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
Im open

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
April 5th, 2013, 01:09 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissamarie247 View Post
Id like the option to see the other person's registry but I would like to give anyone the option to be creative or get something else if they would like.
I didn't vote because I couldn't choose between the two option on the poll, but had this been an option I would have selected this.
April 5th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Chase View Post
I should probably have specified a little better: No matter what, the questionnaire will ask for people to list specifics/registry/etc. The registry/etc will give your partners idea but they may not necessarily pick from that list for you

The question is really: Do you want your partner to ONLY get you something off your list? OR are you okay with them doing something on their own?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelost View Post
I didn't vote because I couldn't choose between the two option on the poll, but had this been an option I would have selected this.
See above No matter what, registry links will be provided (assuming your partner has set one up)... this question is asking whether you would like someone to only buy specific items off your wishlist or registry or if you are open to your partner knowing, "She's having a girl and likes Alice in Wonderland... I'm going to wing it and find something special thats not on her list"

*Thank you to

April 5th, 2013, 04:35 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay, I vote for option b then do you think anyone might want to change their vote now that this has been clarified?
April 6th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I chose the second option. Seems like it could be more fun that way. I like surprises

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
April 6th, 2013, 08:41 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Registries can be kind of boring.. I see this gift exchange as something fun...

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
April 6th, 2013, 12:47 PM
I figured it was pretty clear because the only reason i even included it was because of some other ladies mentioning that specifically :\ Otherwise, I wouldn't have even bothered with a poll for it lol

Either way it doesn't matter, we don't need a revote. I'm just going to add a question or two to the questionnaire about wanting something a "surprise" or off your registry... and also one about would you rather buy for someone off their registry or a surprise and try to pair people up that way

*Thank you to

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search