Omfg >.<

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Anchored
  • 1 Post By Tinky

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My day was going pretty decently... was feeling a little better finally, got all the laundry started and already put away the clean loads.

So I just went to check on the clothes currently in the dryer and they weren't fully dry... okay, no big deal. I figured I may have overloaded it a little bit so it didn't get a chance to dry. I close the door and restart it. It won't start. I'm like, "Hmm... okay." So I clean the lint trap, make sure nothing is blocking the door and try again. STILL WON'T WORK. No matter what I do! So now I have half dried clothes in the dryer and entire soaking wet load in the washer! >.< I decided I wouldn't let it stress me and let Joey deal with it when he gets home.

I'm like, "Okay- so now I'll go load the dishwasher and run it." I was kind of excited because it was another thing to check off my To-Do List.
I grab the dirty cup from the sink to add it... open the door... and..........
ITS FILLED WITH MOTHER-***** ANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIKE SWARMING!!!
There are NO ants anywhere else in the entire house but the dishwasher is FULL OF THEM!!!

I didn't know what else to do, considering all the dishes in there are a) dirty and b) probably have ants on them (I wasn't checking.) so I added the soap and ran the dishwasher, hoping it'll kill them all and if so, I can rerun the dishes?
I don't know. I'm so flipping annoyed right now.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

April 4th, 2013, 11:58 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would do the same. Just wash the same load twice. LOL

Well here is how my day is shaping up... my couches were supposed to be delivered today, but not it won't be until tomorrow. We are having my oldest DD's 18th bday party tomorrow night. Come hell or high water those couches better be delivered.

Then I get a phone call that the garbage people have had a "work stoppage" and won't be picking up our trash this week. GROSS!!
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
April 4th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
oh no, I hate ants! Hope the hot water kills them but you need to find out where their nest is outside. Its usually in a satellite tree near your house!

April 4th, 2013, 12:36 PM
miniRazz's Avatar <3 my rainbow baby
It's weird cause the same thing happened to me last year around this time with the dishwasher. I ran it a couple times and the hot water killed them.
I have never figured out where they came from but I did put an ant trap under the dishwasher.

How frustrating of a day though! It grossed me out so bad when I saw all the ants, I wanted to puke!

April 4th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Thanks ladies! I ended up running it on hot and it cleared them out, the dishes look "clean enough" but I pulled them out and put them to the side to rewash anyway lol

But since it's all clear, I did something I read online and poured white vinegar in the bottom of the empty washer. It says to let it sit awhile to get in the drain, and then run it empty on hot. Apparently they don't like vinegar and it also erases their scent trail. Also wiped down the outside of the dishwasher/the microwave, in the sink (poured vinegar in the drains), wiped down the counters... hopefully this prevents them from migrating too!
miniRazz likes this.

*Thank you to

April 4th, 2013, 01:22 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
SO ANNOYING. I hate ants!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in a bad mood too. I'm trying to do our FREAKING taxes and I always get so frustrated and mad lol. Everytime I clean up a mess somebody makes a new one. Sprint coverage AND customer service AND pricing is a JOKE. My mom continues to annoy me. And I'm supposed to have a birthday party for our dog on Saturday. lol. OK I think that's it...so far haha.

April 4th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ugh! i hope they don't come back. the house i lived in as a teenager always had an issue with sugar ants. it was soooo annoying and gross!

April 4th, 2013, 01:42 PM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
We are swarming with those little b-stards right now...I'm mad. I've got everything we own in ZipLocs, traps down, an exterminator coming every two weeks, and trying to clean up any crumbs asap.

April 4th, 2013, 04:17 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow!! Sounds like a nightmare day! Im glad things seem to have stopped going wrong at least.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
April 5th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
Goodness gracious me oh my, you gals are having a time of it Me thinks its time for non alchoholic daquries or something!
Anchored likes this.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
April 5th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Thankfully Hubby fixed the dryer and I seem to have fixed the ant issue (temporarily at least)- hoping our issues are done! lol

*Thank you to

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search