DDC: Did anyone have an early elective U/S?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Momma2Chase

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies. Popping in from October.

I'm wondering if any of you had an early elective U/S to determine the gender of your baby?

The place here does them starting at 15 weeks. And the have two packages. One is a 2D, and with the other it says they do 2D and also a 3D/4D.

Do you guys have a rec? I'm just looking for whatever will give us the best look at the goods.

If you had an early U/S, could you tell me which kind you had, if you were pleased with it, etc.

Thank you!
April 4th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We chose not to have an early ultrasound, not only based on the cost (We didn't have an $100 floating around) but with as many as ultrasounds as I've had, we haven't truly been able to tell the gender up until literally yesterday at almost 19 weeks. I know people who have had them done and they were right and others who were guessed to be having one gender and ended up delivering the opposite!

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

April 4th, 2013, 05:35 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have one at 15 weeks that was 2d and they included a free 3d sneak peek with that
April 4th, 2013, 05:48 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did a 2D package with DVD with pictures and video for $82 at 16 weeks. It was the BEST choice! I found out it was a boy that visit and the tech was super friendly and took his time. I even got some free 3D images and video in there. When my 20 week one came around I was sooo disappointed and would have been crushed if I waited and that was all I got. I will do it again with any future children. SOOOO worth it.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
April 4th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Momma2Chase's Avatar August 2013 DDC Co-Host
We paid $90 for a 2d/4d at 14w6d and we were really happy with it! My only hang up was being told the baby was a boy first but then she changed it by the end and said girl. 20 week ultrasound at Ob confirmed girl
alittlelost likes this.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

April 4th, 2013, 06:40 PM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We did one at exactly 15 weeks and found out baby was a girl Reconfirmed at 19 and 21 weeks that she is a girl. I really enjoyed it and will do it every pregnancy! With DS we did do 3D but I didnt like the pictures (not that they were bad but they are so thin, its better IMO to wait until a little later). So this pregnancy we did the 2D and got super cute pictures and a clear gender shot! I would totally go for it if you can

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

April 4th, 2013, 06:55 PM
IvyMommy's Avatar Veteran
We did one at 16 weeks ( they guarantee gender results at 16 at our palce) We bought the dvd and we had 2d,3d and 4d ...My favorites are of him in 2d...the others he looks a little weird bc he doesnt have any fat on him yet....you should be able to tell gender just fine from 2d
April 4th, 2013, 06:58 PM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a 3D/4D one at 15 weeks and they were correct! Same thing when I was preggo with DS

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
April 4th, 2013, 07:00 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I didn't do an early one, and found out at 18 weeks at my normal doctor/ultrasound appointment. She very much was obviously all girl

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

April 4th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't done any elective U/S this time since I've been high risk and get them weekly/bi weekly the whole time. However, at 13 weeks we did a general check just to see, and were told girl. At 16 weeks for an emergency ER trip, I was told girl, then at 18 weeks at the Perinatologist had a 4D that was confirmed girl.
April 4th, 2013, 07:25 PM
carolinashore's Avatar Veteran
I had a 2D at 16 weeks.

April 4th, 2013, 07:28 PM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
I did at 15 weeks. It was like $50 or $85 depending on the package, I think. The pic in my signature is one of the ones we got as well as this gender shot, which I think looks pretty clear:

April 4th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had a 3d/4d u/s at 16wks 6days. We found out we are having a girl and my regular obgyn confirmed it at 20 weeks. It was an awesome experience. We got a ton of pictures and a dvd of the entire thing.

It was in 2d as well as 3d/4d.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
April 4th, 2013, 08:39 PM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also had one done at 15 weeks. Mine was 2d and 3d. We found out girl. Great experience. I think ours was $99 which included a DVD and teddy bear with babys heartbeat.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
April 5th, 2013, 05:26 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had one at almost 17 weeks and I wished we hadn't had it done. It wasn't a very good experience for us. It was WAY overpriced compared to others here ($125 for the 2D scan) and she wasn't able to find out gender, and they didn't offer a gender guarantee where they bring you back. The tech wasn't very personable. The place was GORGEOUS and it was very comfortable, but it wasn't worth for us. We paid because for it because we hadn't announce our pregnancy yet and our plan was to announce with gender. Yeah we had to announce without it. We may go to the other place to do a 3D/4D in a few weeks.

April 5th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had one done at 15 weeks 1 day. I did the 2d package because it was cheaper and I knew I would have another ultrasound at 20 weeks anyway. It was a really great experience and I definitely recommend it.

April 5th, 2013, 07:41 AM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As someone mentioned, its super important to make sure you chose a place that has a gender garuntee (meaning if they cant see it that day you come back for free), and read reviews for places! We paid a little bit more than we "had" to because I wanted to go to a comfortable place with a nice tech.

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

April 5th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You guys have been so helpful, thank you!

Their website says they have a 100% gender guarantee. I'll have to ask if they have you come back if they can't determine the gender.
April 7th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Veteran
I'm glad i did. I got an elective 2d/4d ultrasound at 16 weeks. And it was worth it! I was told baby is a girl. Clear shots ofgirly parts.
At my anatomy scan (2d) thursday at my ob, my baby would not move her foot for anything. My doc tried everything to find out what she is, but baby would not cooperate.
I go back to my ob in 4 weeks for a quick scan at gender at my regular apt, if she still won't cooperate, i would be glad to pay for another elective 4d us at that time.
April 7th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Veteran
I'm glad i did. I got an elective 2d/4d ultrasound at 16 weeks. And it was worth it! I was told baby is a girl. Clear shots ofgirly parts.
At my anatomy scan (2d) thursday at my ob, my baby would not move her foot for anything. My doc tried everything to find out what she is, but baby would not cooperate.
I go back to my ob in 4 weeks for a quick scan at gender at my regular apt, if she still won't cooperate, i would be glad to pay for another elective 4d us at that time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search