2 vessel umbilical cord

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes
  • 2 Post By cameronzmom
  • 1 Post By Husher
  • 1 Post By KASHWORTH
  • 1 Post By Tinky
  • 1 Post By MissCiara
  • 1 Post By soccermamatomany
  • 1 Post By yvee80
  • 1 Post By Jessmom
  • 1 Post By Momma2Chase
  • 1 Post By lam
  • 1 Post By teeny0518
  • 1 Post By Blessed.Life
  • 1 Post By BirdsWifey
  • 1 Post By dansgirl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2013, 07:46 AM
miniRazz's Avatar <3 my rainbow baby
Do any of you have it? Or have you had it in previous pregnancies?

I have been specifically told by my OB not to google because all the anatomy is growing perfectly and my baby is larger than "normal" and her only concern will be in the last few weeks of pregnancy that Matteo will not grow like he is supposed to but since she thinks Matteo will be large (due to the size of him now and the size of me and my bros at birth, all of us were 9+ pounds) this will not be a problem to induce 2-3 weeks early.

Of course I couldnt help myself and did a bit of googling which through me into panic mode, so thankful for SO who calmed me down and reminded me of things the OB said more than once. She has had specific training on this and if you don't you will not fully understand it. She said she is not worried about him at all (except for in those last few weeks) however she is going to treat me like a Twin pregnancy and get me lots of ultrasounds to monitor Matteo and make sure he is growing like he should be.

I wish I had never googled cause really it doesn't help to be stressed about something that you don't need to be, I trust my DR and really should have just left it alone...

April 8th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Veteran
I'm so sorry it must be very scary for you. Sounds like your ob is guna keep a good eye on you and thankfully baby is big and healthy and you haven't had any issues so far.
April 8th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a friend with a baby who had a 2 vessel cord. They monitered her very closely with lots of scans and I believe she was induced 2 weeks early so she could be safely monitered during delivery. Both she and baby are doing well
miniRazz and Ray88 like this.

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

April 8th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Aww, I'm sorry you're having to worry! If your doctor isn't concerned, then you should try not to be either. I know that's not always easy, but rest assured that your daughter isn't worried. Sounds like Matteo is growing just fine. ((HUGS))
miniRazz likes this.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

April 8th, 2013, 08:03 AM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A good friend of mine just had her baby about a month ago and she had this. Her and her baby are great!
miniRazz likes this.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
April 8th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Thanks so much ladies for keeping me positive

April 8th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i have that, they told me that most babies have 3 and that my baby was healthy and growing fine so not to worry, i have to go for a 1 hr scan to finish the rest of the details of the heart and kidneys etc. i'm a lil concerned, but i am high risk to begin with so i'm in the right care

April 8th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
Your doc sounds pretty great. I have read about healthy happy babies born with a 2 vessel cord. I also would have googled, just because I have to know. Is there a pamplet or something she could give you so that you can be more informed?
miniRazz likes this.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
April 8th, 2013, 08:30 AM
MissCiara's Avatar It's A Girl!
It's good that you will be monitored closely!!!
miniRazz likes this.
April 8th, 2013, 08:53 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry to hear that you are so worried. If you trust your doctor, then go with her advice. I am sure everything will turn out fine.
miniRazz likes this.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
April 8th, 2013, 09:51 AM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
Dr Google got you in his wraps of worry I see , but that is just what any of us would have probably doe it's hard not too. I am sure baby Matteo(love that name by the way reminds me of the soaps) will be fine, your doc is experienced with this and is being proactive which is great!
miniRazz likes this.

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
April 8th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Super Mommy
My SIL had that wih her 3rd. They monitored the pg closely but it was perfectly fine! No problems at all. She carried to full term and we into labour on her own.
miniRazz likes this.
April 8th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Momma2Chase's Avatar August 2013 DDC Co-Host
My step daughter had one, and she was perfectly healthy! Her mom had extra monitoring but that was it
miniRazz likes this.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

April 8th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Ahh you ladies sure do know how to make a girl relieved. Its all dr googles fault for getting me worried , i feel much better now!

April 8th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Super Mommy
Sorry to hear that you are a bit worried, sounds like the doc has a pretty relaxed attitude about it, which is a good thing! Stay away from Dr. Google! Just wanted to say I love your name choice (my oldest is named Mateo and it's a great name!)
miniRazz likes this.
April 10th, 2013, 09:17 AM
teeny0518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dr. Google had me freaked out the entire first trimester! I was a wreck! I am sure everything is fine
miniRazz likes this.

***Thanks to Vicki for my awesome signature!!!***

1st OB Appt: 01/02 (6w0d) - Pregnancy confirmed!
2nd OB Appt/Ultrasound: 01/14 (7w5d) - Baby's heart rate 131
3rd OB Appt: 02/11 (11w5d) - Baby's heart rate 166
4th OB Appt: 03/11 (15w5d) - Baby's heart rate 150
Elective Gender Scan: 03/16 (16w2d) - It's a GIRL!!!
5th OB Appt/Anatomy Scan: 04/08 (19w5d) - Baby's heart rate 155
6th OB Appt: 05/06 (23w5d)- Baby's heart rate 148
7th OB Appt/Glucose Test: 06/03 (27w5d) -Baby's heart rate 144, Passed Glucose Test!
8th OB Appt: 06/14 (29w2d) - Baby's heart rate 140
9th OB Appt: 06/24 (30w5d) - Baby's heart rate 135
3D/4D Ultrasound: 06/29 - She looks like her Daddy!
10th OB Appt: 07/10 (33w0d) - Baby's heart rate 131
11th OB Appt: 07/22 (34w5d) - Baby's heart rate 140
12th OB Appt: 08/05 (36w5d) - Baby's heart rate 136; 2.5 cm dilated/80% effaced!
13th OB Appt: 08/12 (37w5d) - Baby's heart rate 145; 3 cm dilated/80% effaced
14th OB Appt: 08/19
Induction Date: 08/21!!!!
April 10th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Blessed.Life's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am in the Aug 2012 playroom and clicked on you guys on accidnet and your post title caught my attention. That little cutie in my siggie had a 2 vessel cord. They told me not to google... I googled lol. I was worried and lots of ultrasounds were ordered. The next ultrasound they found out my son had a pelvic kidney. I was heartbroken... I was so scared they were going to continue to find things that were wrong with my baby. They never found another thing.

The last triimester is the hardest. I had to go for 3 non-stress tests and ultrasounds a week and I also had to go for a 3d ultrasound every month and meet with a neonataligist (sp) twice. Doing all of that you can't help but worry.

I was told of my giant baby as well. I was told because of the two vessal cord he would most likely be early... he was late... and not giant at all! I was 3 days late and he was 6 lbs 14 oz. He was also PERFECTLY healthy! I had a natural birth and he went strait to my chest and cleared his own airways, no sucker involved! Before we were discharged he had to have an ultrasound of his kidney and it was actually higher then they though and functioning 100% normal!

He is now 8 months old and the healthiest happiest little boy!

I know it's scary but chances are it will be just like a normal pregnancy but you will hear your babies heartbeat all of the time and get to see them on the ultrasound screen a lot Someone asked me how many ultrasounds I had once. I just laughed... I think I may have had more then the duggar lady lol.

Obviously I am not usually in this DDC lol but please feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to talk.
miniRazz likes this.
April 10th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Aww thanks for posting your story Blessed/Life! I feel a lot better now as I have talked to my OB again (thought I was leaking on Monday so went to L&D but ended up that I wasn't leaking). I told her how I dr Googled and she explained things a lot more thoroughly. She said all his organs are completely normal so I hope they don't see otherwise with future ultrasounds.

April 10th, 2013, 11:35 AM
BirdsWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My friend did! Her baby is perfectly healthy! Try not to worry. I know it is easier said then done!
miniRazz likes this.

April 11th, 2013, 11:20 AM
dansgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also know of a lady who had this with two of her pregnancies (really rare to happen twice apparently). Everything was fine and I believe she even went overdue with both of them.
miniRazz likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search