Any one having trouble sleeping?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 4 Post By Bookreader
  • 1 Post By Honestlymonique
  • 3 Post By Dandelion
  • 1 Post By Honestlymonique
  • 1 Post By Fins
  • 1 Post By ElliotsMommy13

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i'm 21 weeks and it's started 2 days ago, i can't sleep on my left side, i favor the right, i know it can be dangerous to sleep on the right side, i'm so uncomfortable help! any advice?

oh i have 4 pillows and 1 body pillow, my neck gets cramped and my legs too.

April 10th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am having a hard time, too. Mostly because my hips and back hurt so bad that sleeping on my side is painful. I also have a prego pillow, but it doesn't seem to be helping much, and turning over in bed is awful! I keep waking up on my back, which is strange to me since I've never been one to sleep on my back!

April 10th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Momma2Chase's Avatar August 2013 DDC Co-Host
I'm having an awful time too lately. I can't sleep on my stomach for obvious reasons (lol), can't sleep on my back because it's starting to make me short of breath now, only left and right sides and I'm not a side sleeper at all. I try to stay on my left as much as I can because I know it's better for baby...

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

April 10th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Super Mommy
I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that the left side is best, but the right side isn't harmful, it's just not as good. Sleeping on your back is what is really dangerous.
I'll be interested to see what everyone else says; I alternate between my right and left side, because who can sleep in one position all night long? Blek.
April 10th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
I too am having issues sleeping. I mostly stay on my left side but sometimes I have to switch. I can't sleep at all without my body pillow (which the husband hates)
ElliotsMommy13 likes this.

April 10th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I sleep on which ever side or position is COMFORTABLE. lol Right, left, stomach (with leg propped up lol), back, etc. I switch positions all night long. I've been having more trouble staying asleep lately. I go to bed around 10:30 & often wake at 3:30 a.m., am awake an hour then pass back out until 7 a.m.

I've never had problems with the position I choose though.
aelfwynn_78, yvee80 and Ray88 like this.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
April 10th, 2013, 07:26 AM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
I am having an extremely hard time getting comfortable as well. My hips and back are really starting to hurt when I lay on my sides as well. I don't really lay on my back anymore because its just getting to hard to breath sometimes. I also have a body pillow but it doesn't seem to help too much.

April 10th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookreader View Post
I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that the left side is best, but the right side isn't harmful, it's just not as good. Sleeping on your back is what is really dangerous.
I'll be interested to see what everyone else says; I alternate between my right and left side, because who can sleep in one position all night long? Blek.
I haven't heard about it being harmful either. My Dr only told me to try not to sleep on my back.
Bookreader likes this.

April 10th, 2013, 07:28 AM
mrskfet's Avatar Super Mommy
I thought back sleeping was the only dangerous position. Left and right are both acceptable but left gives the best blood flow to baby.

I try to stay on the left but if I wake up in a different position, I'm not worried about it. Other than that I have the same issue as Sarah. Falling asleep is easy peasy, staying asleep is the hard part
EDD: Aug. 9th, 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 10th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskfet View Post

I try to stay on the left but if I wake up in a different position, I'm not worried about it. Other than that I have the same issue as Sarah. Falling asleep is easy peasy, staying asleep is the hard part
It sucks lol I think it's because I'm not used to going to bed so "early". I'm a night owl who used to stay up past midnight. Now though, I am exhausted by 10' Maybe my body isn't used to sleeping so long yet.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
April 10th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
I try to stay on my left 2 but lately I've just been tossing and turning. Not to mention my dog has been an absolute nightmare since DH left so he wakes me up a million times with his whining. I kicked him out of the room last night at 3am and didn't give a flying **ck if he destroyed the entire house. lol.
mom2K&G likes this.

April 10th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Jhendrickson's Avatar Veteran
I try to stay to the left or right. If possible, and nothing else is comfortable, I prop the pregnancy pillow (snoogle) so that it still keeps me toward the side, but I am on my back on the PILLOW, not flat on the bed. This seems to help and I have no weird side effects from doing so. I know plenty of people who slept straight on their back all the way through their pregnancy with no issue or complaint.
April 10th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Momma2Chase's Avatar August 2013 DDC Co-Host
I have to agree that I've never heard of right side sleeping being dangerous... only that you should try to sleep on your left because it's better for baby, and that back sleeping after a certain week can be dangerous

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

April 10th, 2013, 09:09 AM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
I toss and turn all night and finally go to sleep around 3:15 or so only to wake back up at 6!!!!! I sleep on whatever side is comfy and surprisingly sleeping mostly on my tummy is the most comfortable but i don't like to do it because I have a fear of hurting baby.

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
April 10th, 2013, 10:27 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestlymonique View Post
I too am having issues sleeping. I mostly stay on my left side but sometimes I have to switch. I can't sleep at all without my body pillow (which the husband hates)
minus the husband part. The beauty of having a bed by myself.. My pillows can take over!
Bookreader likes this.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
April 10th, 2013, 10:45 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm better this pregnancy, but my last one was nutso until I got the big pregnant body pillow, now I sleep like a baby, literally. Unless I wake up because of a bad dream or one of the kids.

April 10th, 2013, 11:37 AM
BirdsWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Me!! I have had horrible insomnia a lot of this pregnancy!

April 10th, 2013, 12:42 PM
carolinashore's Avatar Veteran
I try to stay on my left side, but my left arm gets tingly and starts hurting, so I end up going to my right side. Then my right arm does the same! Ugh. I wake up on my back a lot too, and I've never been a back sleeper. I sleep much better on the couch, so some nights I end up moving to the living room.

April 10th, 2013, 01:12 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I'm still tummy sleeping mostly, since that is the only way I can sleep. I try to sleep on my side, but it morphs into tummy If I wake up another way, I don't really mind.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

April 10th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Kaisia's Avatar Veteran
My main problem is falling back asleep after I have to get up to pee. That just seems to be when my mind turns on and I can't stop thinking about stuff. Also sometimes I realize then that I'm hungry and can't fall back asleep because of that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search