Anyone else not gain weight yet?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am the same, if not a few pounds lighter than I was pre-pregnancy and I'm almost 22 weeks now! I didn't start out severely overweight or anything, I could lose about 10 pounds and then I'd be pretty thin (for my body type, wider shoulder and hips and bigger chested). I'm like on the edge of being overweight on my BMI, so I don't think that's why. I never did throw up from nausea this pregnancy, and generally if I was nauseous at all, it was because my stomach was empty, so I ate and felt better.

So far, the doctors haven't said anything, but I think it's a bit odd. Not that I'm upset about not gaining tons of weight, but I occasionally get worried about Kieran not getting enough nutrients. I just don't have a big appetite at all lately. I try to eat decently and take my pre-natals so baby gets what he needs, but the last few weeks I'm only hungry for meals like twice a day, so I'll eat a few bites of something small for breakfast, a regular lunch (like a sandwich and an apple or something) and not be hungry for dinner until like 8pm or later, so sometimes I just snack.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

April 10th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Super Mommy
I'm still the same as my first appointment. I kinds the same with my first pregnancy, I didn't start gaining till 24 weeks I ended up gaining 24 bls but it was all off in 2 weeks after baby! I really hope it's the same this time

April 10th, 2013, 06:39 PM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
I have only gained 2 pounds so far.

April 10th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Super Mommy
Thankfully, unless you a severely deprived of a certain nutrient, your body will provide for the baby first. The reason we need to eat right and be healthy in pregnancy is for our bodies to remain healthy.
With my first pregnancy, I didn't start gaining until about 25 weeks, and gained about 25 lbs.
This pregnancy I've only gained 5 so far.
As long as you are eating healthy foods and aren't starving yourself, you'll be fine. Women all gain a little differently in pregnancy, and your doctor would be warning you if he were worried about the health of you or baby.
April 10th, 2013, 07:19 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
Im still down 4 pounds so I am with you but with my first I really didn't start aiming until around 6.5-7 months and lost 17 pounds by the time I left the hospital!

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
April 10th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Kaisia's Avatar Veteran
I haven't gained either at 20 weeks. The baby will take what he or she needs first, and I started out at a healthy weight, but that still leaves some "maternal stores" (as a friend puts it), so I'm not concerned. I do think it's weird to have this extra belly sticking off of me without having gained weight, but I guess it's just redistributed slightly.

I'm sure some gain will come soon. Hopefully it just doesn't hit too suddenly! I've never been able to eat much at once--more of a grazer/snack throughout the day type--but I get full so fast lately. I know once the baby is squishing my stomach even more that'll get worse, so I'll probably end up having 10 tiny meals throughout the day! But I figure as long as I'm eating when I'm hungry and being relatively healthy, it should be good.
April 11th, 2013, 04:50 AM
AprylLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im currently down 16 pounds. Doc said she isnt worried because I started out overweight and I changed my eating habits a lot.

Visit my blog:http://adventuresofamom.blog.com/
April 11th, 2013, 05:48 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I lost 8 lbs. finally gained it back plus 2 lbs. then lost 3 lbs. I weighed myself Tuesday and I was -1 lb.

April 11th, 2013, 05:52 AM
Veteran
This is the first time I've gone this far without really gaining anything, maybe a couple lbs at most. I always tried to aim for an average of a lb a week starting at 10 weeks (total of 30 lbs by due date) so being 20 weeks with virtually no weight gain is unusual for me. Plus I was thin to begin with, not overweight at all. It worries me but we'll see if doc says anything at my appt on Mon. I've been REALLY struggling with severe anxiety and depression this time around though, it's been beyond brutal mentally, and I am sure that is why I am not gaining. In spite of the fact that I (an exercise enthusiast!) have not been working out at all either. They do say that baby will take what s/he needs though, and what I eat is reasonably healthy, it's just not enough for me to gain, I guess...
Elli (age 4)
miscarriage Sept 09
Audrey (age 2)
miscarriage Aug 12
Baby #4 - BOY!!! - due Aug 31, 2013
April 11th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
I lost about 10 pounds originally then gained about 6 and after stepping on the scale this morning I realized I'm only at a 2 pound weight gain so my weight is all over the place. Baby is growing so I'm not concerned.

Ideally I'd like to keep my total weight gain around 25 lbs mainly just so I have energy and won't be too terribly frustrated trying to lose the weight after baby is born.

April 11th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm down 14 from prepregnancy. I was down 15 but finally managed to gain a pound after 2 weeks of DH being home.
April 11th, 2013, 02:57 PM
FL Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm about 40lbs overweight already, so the fact that I've only gained back the two pounds I lost in the first trimester is perfectly fine with me.

Noah Joseph - 8/22/03
Jonah Thomas - 9/29/05
Patricia Carryl - Due 8/23/13

Missing my Heavenly Babies - 10/28/04 - 14wks & Baby Born Still - 10/18/11 - 17wks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search