Got my stroller/ a lil review

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cameronzmom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2013, 06:59 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got the fastaction fold dlx in jaqueline with snugride 30. Love the car seat. In person the flower print is nicer, but the brown isn't the nice chocolate brown in the pic its a dull medium/dark brown . Stroller was easy to put together besides the pins in the back wheels. Pushes nice, tested it with my 40 lb son. I have a few complaints though. The basket is flimsy, nice and big, but I like to go on small grocery trips walking when its nice out and I'm not ure it'd hold heavy things like a gallon of milk. To adjust the seat, its the stupid string adjustment instead of the bar, which I absolutely loathe! I had one with my oldest and vowed never to get another like that, I tought all gracos were the bar adjustment? From the top of the seat to the handle bar there's an opening, which when its chilly isn't going to be nice, my other strollers had a piece of fabric that hung there. Thes trolled seat does not fully recline. And when you put the car seat in its not secure if you don't use these two little straps and strap them through where a seatbelt would go if you put it in the car baseless, which is going to be a pita to me. Aso the carseat canopy seems like its meant for the snugride 22, it doesn't fold back the whole way because the seat is too bit, and when you put the handle bar back it takes the darn canopy with. If the handle is up when the car seat is in the stroller you can not put the stroller canopy up. Also 1 second fold my butt, lol, it takes 30 secs just to find the strap in the seat! I miss the handle bar twist closer!. I'm disappointed.

You can see in the stroller the open space at the top I'm talking about.

Stroller seat adjuster

Pain in the butt straps to secure carseat to stroller

Last edited by JessKeller24; April 11th, 2013 at 07:20 AM.
April 11th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
That's disappointing! All the reasons I refuse to buy baby gear unseen. I can't find the stroller I want anywhere in store but I need to be able to play with it before I buy!

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

April 11th, 2013, 07:23 AM
I do love it enough to deal with what I don't like, but I'm still sad its not perfect.

April 11th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Momma2Chase's Avatar August 2013 DDC Co-Host
Hmmm well dang. I'm excited to see it on saturday now to see if its really going to be a PITA. On the plus side, amazon does free returns and will send the truck to pick it up for me... Hopefully I don't have to return though!

And I agree- I loved the twist collapse function on my old graco!

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

April 11th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My new Graco stroller has the weird seatbelt straps too, that you have to snap in to hold the seat in place. Its a little annoying but the rest of my stroller is actually pretty nice. Sorry you were so disappointed
Momma2Chase likes this.

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

April 11th, 2013, 08:48 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the review.

I would send it back if you aren't completely happy.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
April 11th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Bummer! I'm glad the good stuff outweighs the bad stuff, but I could definitely see how that would be frustrating.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

April 11th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Chase View Post
Hmmm well dang. I'm excited to see it on saturday now to see if its really going to be a PITA. On the plus side, amazon does free returns and will send the truck to pick it up for me... Hopefully I don't have to return though!

And I agree- I loved the twist collapse function on my old graco!
I'm just very picky so you may love it. I'm hoping the straps to secure the carseat are just a pita because its new and they loosen up a bit, they are stretchy. I'm sure over time I won't have to search for that strap. And it is very pretty just the brown isn't as pretty as the pic but its still pretty, lol.

April 11th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sucks about the basket being flimsy. I hate that too! We have the Graco pack n play in Jacqueline and I just love the pink paisley print! It's really pretty.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
April 11th, 2013, 02:39 PM
FL Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was just shopping around for strollers yesterday, and almost settled on the FastAction but the reviews made me nervous. I have decided to splurge on the Graco Modes model because it has way better reviews and just seems much nicer (sturdier, more options, etc.).

Noah Joseph - 8/22/03
Jonah Thomas - 9/29/05
Patricia Carryl - Due 8/23/13

Missing my Heavenly Babies - 10/28/04 - 14wks & Baby Born Still - 10/18/11 - 17wks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search