Thank you

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By Colliekat
  • 1 Post By yvee80

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just wanted to say thank you to all of you ladies for the sweet comments and thoughts with regards to me being laid off from work. I've had a few days to process everything now and have gone through a range of emotions from anger to hurt to sadness to resilience. It was the most gut-wrenching feeling to be in that room of 150 people and be told by the CEO of a multi-billion dollar company that you no longer have a job.

The one thing that is keeping me determined to move on with my life is feeling the little girl that is growing and kicking inside of me. She is so active and gives me a good kick in the butt (literally) when I start to dwell on the situation.

This happened for a reason and obviously God has other plans for me and for my colleagues.
Husher, Tinky, yvee80 and 3 others like this.

April 12th, 2013, 10:42 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
amen Colliekat. Trust him. He has a plan for you and your family whatever it may be :-)

April 13th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better! We are here for you anytime you're feeling down about it.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

April 13th, 2013, 08:33 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Life can often be unpredictable, but when one door closes, another opens! This is true for everyone, no matter who they are, how hard they work, what they believe, what they do, etc. Of course all anyone can do is their best. Trust themselves and take control of their situation. For those who believe in God, it's always best they remember that even the bible says God only does for you what you can't do for yourself--which means as much as you trust in him, YOU are the one who needs to do everything possible to change your situation. I don't believe in God, as you know, but I mention it since you brought him up, and I've seen too many people sink further and further and further into financial ruin, until losing their homes, always saying "God will take care of me" and while I respect they believe that and have undying faith in him, and I have to remind them that even if God is real (which to them he is) THEY still have to do everything THEY can to change their situation. Faith doesn't mean waiting around because you "trust" your situation will become magically fixed--but I am sure you know that! I only mention it because I know so many people who don't know that, and I'm sick of seeing people I care about end up homeless because they forget that they CAN take matters into their own hand and THEY can do a lot to change their situation. They can believe in God along the way and believe he is helping them, or not (whichever they prefer) but they still need to do as much for themselves as they can, and even the Bible says that

With that, I'll say what I tell most people I know: Maybe now is a good time to look into becoming your own boss. This is what me and my husband did. We are BOTH home with our kids all the time and while sometimes business is slow, our bills are always paid, we can often afford vacations, if things are broken we have the money to fix them, etc. Truth be told, with owning our own businesses, the ONLY reason we struggle sometimes is because we are paying for a lot of family members right now who are out of work. A few of them think it's God taking care of them through us, but the reality is, we do have our limits and can't take care of them forever. I just wish in the meantime they would fix their financial situation instead of taking money from us and then thanking God we gave it to them. But the point is this: everyone of them have skills that would allow them to start their own successful business! And I bet you have skills that would allow you to start YOUR own business, too. Who knows, maybe starting your own business is the plan that God has for you? It would allow you to be home with the baby and control your own financial security!

As you can see, I'm a huge advocate of small business. If you have any questions about starting a small business or want help brainstorming what kind of small business you can start, let me know! You can also make a little pocket cash in the time with sites like fiverr.com, where people will pay $5 for just about anything lol

I also know a guy who owns multiple blogs that are all monetized and makes a living off of them. The great thing is it only takes him maybe a couple hours of work a day. It's really interesting how it works, and it's not what you think. Basically you build up strong SEO content that gets your articles high in google searches. That drives traffic to your blog. People pay for adspace or pay per click.

You can also do things like book review blogs--those can be monetized by advertising as well as being an amazon affiliate and linking to the book under your amazon affiliate link, so if people like your review and want to buy the book, they click from your post and if they buy the book you get paid.

You could also start a book tour service or a book advertising service. I know a lot about the book world LOL but there are a lot of ways to make GOOD money. I know one woman who was living in an apartment and within a year of starting her blog tour service was able to buy a condo!

It takes time to build business and reputation and gain exposure, but once you do you can make good money with minimal work, and you never have to worry about being fired by a CEO or anyone else for that matter.

These are just some ideas. I'm sure whatever you decide--whether you start your own business or not--you will do well.

Good luck Stay positive!

Last edited by alittlelost; April 13th, 2013 at 08:39 AM.
April 13th, 2013, 12:34 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
Everything does happen for a reason, and we are never put through anything we can't get through !
mom2K&G likes this.

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
April 13th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
you have a great attitude! Nothing but bigger and better things in your future!

April 13th, 2013, 03:26 PM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
You sound like such a strong woman.. Everything truly does happen for a reason I have always believed that! I can't wait to hear what opportunity lies ahead for you. *HUGS*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search