Moving just before or after baby

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2013, 04:53 AM
Veteran
If I remember right there are some other mamas who are moving just before or after baby. We are building a house and will be moving in when it is finished; right around baby time! How are you handling this? I basically have not done anything in-terms of buying clothes etc . . . cause I hate bringing stuff into this house knowing we are just going to have to move it to the new house. I am trying to get rid of as much stuff as possible prior to the move!
April 13th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Us, too. Except I'm not sure when were moving because it all depends on when we sell this house. Listing it Monday and hoping we get interest quickly!

Like you, I haven't bought anything big strictly because I don't want to clutter the house up and then have extra to move. We've only gotten clothes and the stroller right now

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

April 13th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Veteran
We are moving too. We just got a lease for our new house - lease starts August 1, baby is due Aug 7, and my husband starts work Aug 15... all about 600 miles from where we live right now.

My husband wants to move ourselves since we'll have to pay out of pocket for movers, but I just don't see how that can happen. With our last out of state move (back in July), I packed every single box (husband works a LOT, so he was doing his part, just not on the home front) and I just won't be able to do that this time. And knowing his work schedule for July, it would look pretty similar this time too, besides the fact that he would have to be gone for 4-5 days to do the move and I'm just not comfortable with that. We had a meeting of the minds and pretty much settled on movers.

It looks like we'll go ahead and move out in late July and stay with our local family until the baby arrives and then either my husband will leave to start work and we'll stay behind for a couple weeks or we'll all go together, all depending on when baby arrives and how delivery goes.

So, I'm right there with you in terms of having done very little for this baby. I've picked up some clothes at consignment sales since this is our first girl, and I'll need 0-3 month clothing while still here. We already have all the big gear from my sons who are only 4 and almost 3. I definitely have more urges to get rid of baby gear than I do to buy it! And getting a nursery ready isn't on the horizon! Though I'd like to get a girly crib skirt and sheets. I have a strong tendency toward clutter... good thing we move so often and have so many opportunities to clean out!

All the unknown and logistics has definitely given me a lot of anxiety and affected my sleep the most. Finding a house has eased my mind tremendously - hopefully now I can think about this baby some without getting all tied up about all the logistics we need to figure out that surround the birth. But there still are a ton of logistics and I can't really get away from that.

Ruth - I hope you're house is finished smoothly!
Mama2Chase - I hope you all get a speedy contract too! Keeping a tidy house for showing with children is a feat!
April 13th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Super Mommy
We are moving September 1st about a month after baby is due(Aug1). So im packing up baby clothes that are 6mth and up as I get them so I won't have alot of packing to do as I bring in new stuff. Also im going to start packing up our house some in May. But we are hiring movers to do all the transporting we will do the packing ourselves. Ugh. I really hate moving it can get so hectic.

April 13th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Super Mommy
We're movIng too, my hubby got orders to report by july 10 but I made the executive decision for the last couple days of may. We are moving almost a thousand miles away, and we have also decided to have the army pack and move us this time... We found out that they also unpack everything into the new house so that is a huge relief for me. We'll have 11 or so weeks till baby so we have time to find our way around the new area and hopefully find a good dr and hospital. I havent bought a whole lot for baby yet, but we already have 2 little ones so I do have lots of things we can get by with until we get settled.

April 13th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Super Mommy
We are hoping to move before the baby gets here but have yet to find a house. We have put in 4 offers over the last two months but the market is just crazy competitive now. We also settled on movers - I think the cost will be well worth my sanity. I hope to work up until August 1 (baby due aug 11) so if we do find a house, I imagine the move will be very hectic.
April 14th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
Not that this counts, as it isn't me who is moving but my Mama plans on moving from Oklahoma to here in North Craolina around July 15th. i will be doing what I can to help her out. She is all by herself. With mama coming and missing out on my spring cleaning this year I imagine July will be a scrubbing month!

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
April 15th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Veteran
We just closed on a house on Friday and plan to slowly move in over the next 6 weeks (our lease is up on May 31st). To top it off my best friend has planned a baby shower for June 1st at our new house as a "baby shower/housewarming" party so everything needs to be looking good by then.

We plan on buying some new furniture for the house and making some minor repairs before moving in. I haven't bought any baby stuff with the exception of a few outfits because I don't want to have to move it all within a month. I have a feeling it's going to be super stressful, but I figure if we can get through this we can get through anything!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search