Now that pretty much all of us have found out the gender did you guess right?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 14th, 2013, 10:06 PM
mommy2skyty's Avatar Super Mommy
For me I have guessed wrong with all my kids! I am 0-3 in guessing!

I didn't know I was pregnant with my 1st until I was 11 weeks so I had no symptoms. I took all these online tests and even paid $15 for one that said I was having a boy and included a free music dvd that I never receieved! Well we had our ultrasound and I was convinced I was having a boy so when I had the ultrasound the tech said, " I don"t see anything down there" and I said "he doesn't have a penis" and she said "no" you are having a girl! I was soo suprised but soo happy because I always wanted a girl!

Fast forward a year later and I am pregnant with our second baby and since my husband is the only guy and has 4 sisters I assumed we would have girls and thankfully he was ok with this! I was excited about having 2 girls close in age and using my daughters clothes. So we have a suprise ultrasound at 14 weeks and the tech gets excited and says "I got a great butt shot, do you want to know what you are having" So of course we say yes and are again surprised to be having a boy! We didn't really believe it until 20 weeks when of course it was very obvious!

So now we find ourselves having our suprise 3rd baby! Yep my exact words were when I took the test "oh **** I am pregnant and having another summer baby." Of course I was excited after the ultrasound and then based on the high heart rate and my cravings I thought I was having a girl! So even though we were going to wait to find out I just had to know becase I was having a hard time bonding with the baby. So at 16 weeks I thought I would see girl parts and instead I saw a penis! I cried a little bit but I have gotten over it and now I am happy to have a sweet little boy!

So yeah I have no motherly intuition an also conceive my kids when I least expect to, he he!

Skyla Helen- Feb 2nd, 2008
Tyler Lyman- Sep 6th, 2009

Quinn Kayden- Aug 17th, 2013

My kids are growing up soo fast!
April 14th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Super Mommy
I thought for the longest that I was having a boy. I refused to entertain the thought of a girl for fear of having gender disappointment. In my heart I wanted a girl but thought it could not be. Well low and behold im having a little girl. And im still getting adjusted to the idea. Guess I have no motherly intuition on gender either...... Lol

April 15th, 2013, 01:58 AM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I only wanted boys while TTC. As soon as I got pregnant, I just knew it was a girl, and when I found out I was right, I was ecstatic. Now I can't imagine myself having a boy at all.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

April 15th, 2013, 03:55 AM
mrskfet's Avatar Super Mommy
I've known since the very beginning of pregnancy that Jace is a boy lol when we had an ultrasound at 6 weeks to make sure it wasnt an ectopic pregnancy, I said "listen to his heart!" And Kev stopped and said "wait, he?" and the tech laughed and said "I caught that too!" I told them right then and there that I thought he was a boy and everybody laughed it off. Lo and behold, I'm right! But since I'm never wrong I guess thats expected lol juuust kidding!
yvee80 and mommy_to_nico like this.
EDD: Aug. 9th, 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 15th, 2013, 04:10 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've known with all three. Just this time I thought in the beginning it was b/g twins, I was surprised there was only one, but once I knew it was just one I knew it was a girl.

April 15th, 2013, 04:59 AM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
I don't think I ever really had a suspicion with this baby. I was hoping for a girl.. but I wasn't having any real feelings.
I was disappointed at first when it was a boy, but now I just can't wait to meet him!

April 15th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Veteran
This makes me feel better! A lot of people, including my mother-in-law are always saying how they always knew what they were having (without ultrasounds). So then I feel that I must not have motherly intuition because I have no idea this time (not finding out) and last time I didn't have any idea either until we did find out at our ultrasound.
April 15th, 2013, 05:29 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope, no intuition here! lol

I swore up and down this was a boy... DH used to argue with me because from the very day we found out he was convinced the baby was a girl! Even at the 15 week ultrasound when they told us "boy" at first, DH refused to believe the tech! Low and behold, she kept searching and 10 minutes later our "boy" was really a GIRL! So Daddy Intuition was right on that one

I was wrong with DS too- I thought he'd be a girl! I wasn't disappointed when I found out he was a boy but I was DEFINITELY in shock for a few hours! lol

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

April 15th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I had "hope" that this was a girl, but in my heart, I think I always knew I'd be a mother of all boys. I wasn't surprised at all when we saw another penis.
lam and mom2K&G like this.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

April 15th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
I have been right all three times. With dd1 husband said he wanted a girl and I just felt it was one. With second I had a dream it was a lil girl n knew it would be after that even though I was hoping boy. with this one I just knew it was a boy from the beginning. everything was different from my girl pregnancies.

April 15th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i was praying for a girl, i really didn't have any mother's intution until a few weeks before, but was still a lil unsure, my hubby, my mom & sis all said she was a girl and it's true i'm having a girl with my son i thought i was having a girl, but nope a handsome baby boy i love both my kids

April 15th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Super Mommy
Just like Husher, I was pretty confident I was going to be a mom of three boys. I officially said I knew it was a boy when I found out my SIL - who is due six weeks ahead of me - was having her third girl. Just seemed like if they were 3/3, we would be too (our three kids are each very close in age).
Husher likes this.
April 15th, 2013, 06:35 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I knew it was a girl as soon as the test came up positive. I even told the ladies in Large Families as soon as I posted I was pregnant, and they kinda laughed at me. LOL. Each time I have been pg with a girl I get very light positive pg tests, and this one was very light.
#12 is on the way
April 15th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
I had a strong boy feeling. This pregnancy just felt so totally different.

April 15th, 2013, 06:45 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought girl, but expected boy. It's a girl.

April 15th, 2013, 06:46 AM
KeLLiC09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope! I was guessing a girl the whole time because I felt so different then when I was pregnant with Nate.
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13

April 15th, 2013, 06:56 AM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
With my DD I just knew she was a girl idk why I just did...with this one I think girl too even though this pregnancy is different except for the weight gain (i tend to gain weight later in pregnancy). I also may be having different symptoms because I am 14 years older with this baby and I started out heavier with this one...I have had almost all girl dreams the 2 vivid boy dreams I had were extremely weird, very weird!!!

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
April 15th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
I wanted girl, but thought there was no way it would happen and hoped I'd be wrong, but I wasn't.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
April 15th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think I was wrong with my first, I even took the ultrasound back to the doctor my next appt for verification bc I didn't believe the tech that I was having a boy. With my second, we found out girl at 32 weeks and I still didn't believe so I took boy stuff to the hospital just in case they were wrong.

With this one, I felt like we were having a boy, everyone around me was guessing girl bc of how much drama we had at the beginning and he's definitely all boy

So I'd say I'm 1-3 lol

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

April 15th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
I've pretty much "known" from the beginning with all of mine and been right about them being girls. With my first I tried to talk myself into believing it was a boy so I wouldn't be disappointed, but I knew... Second I was so sure I had her named and everything well before our u/s.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search