Gluclose test and new symptoms

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By mom2K&G
  • 1 Post By Babsbabies
  • 1 Post By 4littleloves
  • 1 Post By cameronzmom
  • 1 Post By yvee80

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Super Mommy
Hey ladies! I got my lab work done work today. And I must say the sugary drink was not that bad. I had to drink it in a 5min time frame. Then wait for an hour in the waiting room. So I will get my results back May 9th when I have my 28week appt. Also I have been struggling with extreme insomnia. I can go to sleep fine but I can't stay asleep. I get maybe 5hrs a night on a good night. And on top of that I am now experiencing leg cramps and swelling. Oh the joys of pregnancy! (sarcasm implied) However, Miss. Xyla seems to be doing just fine, moving alot. Well that's all that's going on with me. Hope everyone is well and babies are healthy!

April 19th, 2013, 03:08 PM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
Good luck with your glucose test results! I never had a problem with that drink, to me it tastes like Orange soda. haha

Sorry you are dealing with insomnia and leg cramps. I can fall asleep as well but Im not staying asleep and it sucks. HOWEVER!! I am happy to hear miss Xyla is doing great!!
Ray88 likes this.

April 19th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Veteran
Glad you had a good appointment, but I'm sorry about the insomnia. I'm right there with you. I don't think I've ever slept this little, and I'm sooooo tired. I also have no trouble falling asleep, but I wake up soon after midnight and feel like I hardly sleep after that. Did your Dr/midwife have any advice about what you can do?
Ray88 likes this.
April 19th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Veteran
I also have trouble staying asleep. I keep waking up for like 90min-2 hours. It's so frustrating.
I am getting swollen legs too. I can see a nice indentation on my ankles in the morning when I take off my socks to shower. I need to be better about drinking water and watching salt. I do seem to swell up every pregnancy though, so I am not super worried about this.
Glad the test went well. Inever have issues with the drink either, just tastes like soda to me.
Ray88 likes this.

Lanae: Mommy to Ethan, Will, Alex and Surprise baby GIRL due August 15, 2013!

April 19th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Same here, the glucose drink tastes like a flat soda to me. yay for great appts!
Ray88 likes this.

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

April 19th, 2013, 04:59 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
Glad the appt went well, I had fruit punch this time instead of orange and it tasted much better than the orange one to me . I have had some swelling as well when I think i can go out shopping for hours on end!!! Glad baby Xyla is doing well
Ray88 likes this.

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
April 19th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsbabies View Post
Glad you had a good appointment, but I'm sorry about the insomnia. I'm right there with you. I don't think I've ever slept this little, and I'm sooooo tired. I also have no trouble falling asleep, but I wake up soon after midnight and feel like I hardly sleep after that. Did your Dr/midwife have any advice about what you can do?
No I haven't had a chance to talk to my OB. It's only been happening for about a week. I will mention it at my next appt though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search