Baby carriers???

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By IvyMommy
  • 1 Post By cameronzmom
  • 1 Post By Babsbabies
  • 1 Post By waxzon

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2013, 01:43 PM
miniRazz's Avatar <3 my rainbow baby
What type of baby carrier have you used? Or are you going to use? Pros/cons???

I heard an ergo is not good for plus size women cause the baby has to wrap their legs around you or have to be on your side.

April 22nd, 2013, 03:08 PM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
My two favorites are the Baby Hawk and the Maya Wrap!

http://babyhawk.com

http://www.mayawrap.com

The Maya wrap is actually my favorite one. It's extremely comfortable to wear for long periods. I use the baby hawk when they get bigger You can front carry and back carry as well.

April 22nd, 2013, 03:38 PM
IvyMommy's Avatar Veteran
My friend is sending me a moby wrap .. it looks comfortable
mom2K&G likes this.
April 22nd, 2013, 03:54 PM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvyMommy View Post
My friend is sending me a moby wrap .. it looks comfortable
Moby wraps are very comfortable! I didn't like them because its so much to wrap around your body and when I was running into the store it took me a long time to get DS all in there situated. You might like it though! Everyone is different I like being able to put it on and get baby in and go!

April 22nd, 2013, 04:32 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My favorites are wraps and my beco baby carrier. I've tried everything imaginable, and that is what worked best for me
April 22nd, 2013, 05:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a mai tai and love it
mom2K&G likes this.

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

April 22nd, 2013, 05:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
I had a moby but didnt like how stretchy it was. It felt like baby would just fall right out. I loved my sasha wrap. Much the same design but less stretch to the material.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
April 22nd, 2013, 10:01 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I haven't tried one, but I want a moby.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

April 23rd, 2013, 02:53 AM
Kaisia's Avatar Veteran
Just found out my aunt is getting me an Ergo, and I also have a Moby on my registry, especially for when she's still really little. And with the wrap Kelllilee made (hopefully will find it waiting for me at the mail room soon!), I think I should be all set.
April 23rd, 2013, 05:24 AM
Veteran
I have a BabyHawk "Oh Snap" and it's adjustable enough for myself and my husband (6'3" around 240) to both wear. I'm certainly not small either.

Carriers are so expensive, you hate to get something that doesn't end up working. I read a lot of reviews on thebabywearer.com before making my first carrier purchase. I just searched and found this article there too:
http://www.thebabywearer.com/article.../PlusSizes.htm

Also not sure what size city you live in, but I know there are some baby wearing commuities around here that will have meetings where you can go and try out several different carriers that they have all brought. Maybe google or search on facebook "city name babywearing" though it might be something better to do after baby arrives. Also, some retailers (of the small, WAHM variety) will have carrier trials where you pay around $10 to try out a carrier for a few weeks. One that I know of off the top of my head is heavenlyhold.com.

I know you never know how big exacly your baby is going to be, but mine get really chunky really quickly (my last baby was over 19 lb at 4 months). If I was only going to own one carrier, I'd want to make sure it was going to be comfortable for a 20-30 pound baby, not just an 8 pounder.

I have a BabyHawk "Oh Snap" and it's adjustable enough for myself and my husband (6'3" around 240) to both wear. I'm certainly not small either.

Carriers are so expensive, you hate to get something that doesn't end up working. I read a lot of reviews on thebabywearer.com before making my first carrier purchase. I just searched and found this article there too:
http://www.thebabywearer.com/article.../PlusSizes.htm

Also not sure what size city you live in, but I know there are some baby wearing commuities around here that will have meetings where you can go and try out several different carriers that they have all brought. Maybe google or search on facebook "city name babywearing" though it might be something better to do after baby arrives. Also, some retailers (of the small, WAHM variety) will have carrier trials where you pay around $10 to try out a carrier for a few weeks. One that I know of off the top of my head is heavenlyhold.com.

I know you never know how big exacly your baby is going to be, but mine get really chunky really quickly (my last baby was over 19 lb at 4 months). If I was only going to own one carrier, I'd want to make sure it was going to be comfortable for a 20-30 pound baby, not just an 8 pounder.
miniRazz likes this.
April 23rd, 2013, 09:02 AM
FL Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used a Baby Bjorn for the most part with DS1, but have since learned that it's not good for them to hang by their crotch like that (and it totally seems common sense now!). I also tried a ring sling with him, but it was horrible. The fabric kept slipping through the ring - which they said it would not do.

With DS2, I had a Mei Tai (Kozy Karrier) and liked it. I actually still have it and haven't decided if I'll use it with this babe. My only complaint about those is all the extra "tails" you end up having hanging off of you.

This time around I have been patiently waiting for Beco to release their new Soleil, and they finally did last night! I snatched one up right away even though I wanted an accessory that they haven't released yet. I can't wait to use it!

Noah Joseph - 8/22/03
Jonah Thomas - 9/29/05
Patricia Carryl - Due 8/23/13

Missing my Heavenly Babies - 10/28/04 - 14wks & Baby Born Still - 10/18/11 - 17wks

April 23rd, 2013, 09:04 AM
MissCiara's Avatar It's A Girl!
I plan on using a baby bjorn carrier. I don't know much about them but i was told they are one of the best.
April 23rd, 2013, 09:36 PM
waxzon's Avatar Happy Mommy!
Send a message via MSN to waxzon Send a message via Yahoo to waxzon
I'm not skinny and I love my ergo I had a boba and hated it so I sold it, and I did just buy a beco so when baby gets here we will see how I like it
miniRazz likes this.

9-13-12
Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search