Boy Stuff & Baby Shower

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By mamalamb
  • 1 Post By soccermamatomany
  • 1 Post By mrsmckenzie1

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2013, 09:24 AM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
So I been trying to find some cute boy stuff but its hard. It seem like when I had just my girls I seen cute boy stuff all the time n now nothing. everyone who has boys say its hard finding things for them. I really like the prep look but the husband is not going for it lol. So my question is to all the mamas that have boys where do you shop. Do you feel like its harder to shop for them n where can I find cute baby hats?

second part

The Husband wants to do a baby shower since this is a boy. I really don't feel like dealing with the stress of it all. he wants to have it at his grandparents house n I don't think that's the best place and our families never met so I don't think that would be the best time for them to. my family is a lot different from his, and I don't think they will mesh well plus for it to be at their house would be a lil strange even for me. my family is never good at showing up at these things. plus I feel that the money you spend on these things you can just take n buy the baby stuff with. I don't know what to do. what would you guys do.

April 23rd, 2013, 09:31 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am having the opposite problem and finding way too MUCH cute boy stuff LOL! I'm mostly shopping Children's Place, Carters, Target, and some Gymboree.

As for the shower, I'm on the fence too but I'll be having one...I also hate the hassle and money and I always end up doing it all mostly myself. But, my sisters really want me to have one and are going to help so I am going to have one, trying to decide when to have it though.... I'm due 8/14, do you think June 22 would be better or July 6?
yvee80, Ray88 and Jhendrickson like this.

April 23rd, 2013, 09:36 AM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
Target, Old Navy, Children's Place all have cute boys clothing, CP has cute hats...Cookies Kids has cute boys clothing as well.

Do the shower for DH but maybe at a different venue...or maybe just have a BBQ or something not stuffy as the baby shower may lighten the mood

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
April 23rd, 2013, 09:45 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm in love with Carters brand boy stuff!! I was going to have a baby shower but I ended up changing my mind as I don't want to deal with all that. I figure that I can just spend what I would have had to put towards the baby shower into extra baby stuff and be just fine! I decided to just throw a bbq instead for a few people and also for my dad since he is deploying before the baby is born.. so, I'd like all the family friends to get together before.. that way its not all about me, either. If you aren't comfortable with the idea of a baby shower, though.. maybe just a small get together/bbq would be better with no labels?

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
April 23rd, 2013, 09:47 AM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalamb View Post
I'm due 8/14, do you think June 22 would be better or July 6?
I think June 22 would be batter since July 6 is so close to a holiday.

@yvee I would like to give him one but I would be planning everything since his family don't really do baby showers after the first kid and my family is not dependable. doing it on your own is not any fun n can be stressful. I cant even find a place where I would like to have it.

April 23rd, 2013, 09:53 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck finding boy stuff. I agree with what is being said, Carters, Children's Place, even Kohls has cute stuff!

As for the shower, if you don't feel like dealing with it, just don't do it. It isn't worth the stress!
Ray88 likes this.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
April 23rd, 2013, 11:41 AM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestlymonique View Post
I think June 22 would be batter since July 6 is so close to a holiday.

@yvee I would like to give him one but I would be planning everything since his family don't really do baby showers after the first kid and my family is not dependable. doing it on your own is not any fun n can be stressful. I cant even find a place where I would like to have it.
I would just do the casual BBQ thing if you do anything...it is definitely not fun planning it on your own.

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
April 24th, 2013, 07:11 AM
mrsmckenzie1's Avatar Veteran
If you have a city park its usually like 30 bucks to rent a shelter. Nix the whole baby shower title and do a its a boy celebration or something... potluck no shower games fb or email invites, give regisrty info but also have like a baby bottle bank as cenrerpieces on picnic tables. The men feel welcome the girls feel welcome and so does the fam that wants to come.
yvee80 likes this.

April 24th, 2013, 02:29 PM
IvyMommy's Avatar Veteran
I'm drawn to girly things but that being said I have found tons of adorble baby boy clothes for our lil man.....I like gap, carters, nordstrom and some gymboree ( haven't seen much cute newborn boy stuff there) ......As far as the shower goes I know nothing about it except that its July 28th and its a surprise being thrown by some friends..I'm glad for it too bc my youngest is 8 so its like starting from scratch again....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search