2+ csection moms

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By JessKeller24
  • 1 Post By kearsty20
  • 2 Post By UrbanMomma
  • 1 Post By soccermamatomany
  • 1 Post By Ruthysb
  • 1 Post By mrsmckenzie1
  • 3 Post By UrbanMomma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2013, 05:58 AM
mrsmckenzie1's Avatar Veteran
Hey ladies. This will be my third csection and i was told last night toget a tubal ligation afterwards because another baby is risky...

Have you heard this?

Fyi it was not my reg docs... i went into preterm labor last night (typical of all my preg) and the dr on call made the statement after i told the nurse i would not be getting my tubes tied at delivery.

Last edited by mrsmckenzie1; April 24th, 2013 at 07:02 AM. Reason: clarification
April 24th, 2013, 06:24 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I have heard that three sections is the "limit" but I know of women who have had 5+.

I have had two, #4 and #7, but I have had VBACs with 8,9, and 10. I am planning a VBAC with this one as well. I was told by the witch of an OB who did my second section that I would "never birth naturally again."

I know there are some risks with repeat sections, planned sections are safer than emergency sections, but there can be weak uterine wall or placenta issues.

I am a "grand multipara" (more than 5 births) and I am considered high risk by a lot of medical professions.

You can always find someone to agree with you or disagree with you.

Personally, unless YOU want to get your tubes tied, I wouldn't do it. Do you want another baby? Even the possibility of another baby? Talk to different people, different professionals, research!!!!! There are many other BC options and you can always get "fixed" later if it is what YOU want.
#12 is on the way
April 24th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Well thats the thing. I dont believe in altering my body. I have been wanting a vbac since my second pregnancy but the hospital said no... i do want at least one more

April 24th, 2013, 06:55 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It depends on you and your doc. I haven't been told to stop yet, and I've had a uterine rupture with my second and this one , my fourth, I have a thin scar and they still haven't told me, no more babies. I've seen birth stories of women having 7 sections. Others have been told no more after baby number two. With every section your risk of hemmorage, needing a hysterectomy, and placenta accreta go up. First thing the looked at this pregnancy was where my placenta was, which its far away from my scar which is great news, if it was close or on top of the scar we'd have to worry about accreta. (Placenta growing into the scar)
alittlelost likes this.

April 24th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Veteran
i had a c section with my son and i am driving almost an hour away to do a vbac with this one... is there anywhere any other hospitals in your area that will allow vbac? also ive been told that they can not do a section without your consent and they can not turn you away if you are in active labor. if you do another c section i dont see why you would need to tie your tubes that is your decision just research the crap out of it and decide whats best for you
alittlelost likes this.
April 24th, 2013, 10:10 AM
hmmm... no other options besides this particular hospital? If you don't want a section they can't force you. There isn't a reason to not allow you a "trial of labor."
Ever heard of ICan?? Check them out online, lots of info and resources!
alittlelost and mom2K&G like this.
#12 is on the way
April 24th, 2013, 10:15 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I might look into another hospital if I were you. I understand the c-section limits. They are SO bad for your body. I mean, it's major surgery. However "great" some mamas may feel after getting one, they are still more dangerous than a vaginal delivery and the more you get, the more dangerous it becomes to get one. I know a couple mamas right now who are having a vbac after 2-3 c-sections, so it's definitely doable. Years ago I knew a woman who gave birth to twins naturally after a c-section (they broke her child's leg during the c-section, too, it was sad, but her vbac w/twins went great). It's all a matter of finding the right doctor and hospital, I think.
April 24th, 2013, 10:54 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This will be my third section and I have not been told not to have any more kids...yet. Of course, my doctor will let me do what I want (and I do know the risks) so I am not worried. We plan to have one more baby after Rayna.
mom2K&G likes this.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
April 24th, 2013, 12:31 PM
AprylLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This will be my third section too. I do want to have one more but not for a while. When we are ready I will talk to my doctor about it and we will take it from there. They mentioned to me in the beginning of this pregnancy that there are a lot more risks after the 3rd section.

Visit my blog:http://adventuresofamom.blog.com/
April 24th, 2013, 12:42 PM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
My OB has never said anything to me, she did ask if I wanted more and I said no. So I am going to have my tubes tied during the c section but I am sure I don't want anymore! So please don't do it unless you are certain you done have kids!!

April 24th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't been told not to have anymore. I won't be having a fourth child anyways but Im not getting my tubes tied. I've heard too many horror stories about heavy periods.

April 24th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Thanks ladies. I did check with the other hospitals. Only one that does however none of the obs that deliver there are in network on my insurance.
I have also been told if i come in with a head hanging out they wont stop vaginal delivery

April 24th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Veteran
No dr.s or widewives who deliver at your hospital will let you try labor?? I am curious why? I am TRYING for a vbac this time, after one c-section. I really, really do not want have another c-section, though I am trying to prepare myself mentally to be ok if I do have one. My dr. and all the dr.s in her practice are very supportive of my choice. My partner however does not understand why i would not want another c-section, especially since I healed very easily last time. I am looking into getting a doula to help me!
alittlelost likes this.
April 24th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Its a hospital policy.
mom2K&G likes this.

April 24th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Crappy hospital policy.

If I were you, I would go in with a head hanging out, but thats how I go to the hospital anyway and they will let me VBAC. LOL
#12 is on the way
April 24th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Veteran
lol walk in with the head hanging out!!!! lol what i dont understand is why dr's use scare tactics to get people to not try a vbac but they NEVER bring up the risks of a repeat c section??? i honestly think it needs to be a woman's choice and not some stupid policy. they should go over risks for both and let you decide.
April 25th, 2013, 02:15 AM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi, I'm from the November DDC, first of all I have had 4 csections and going on number 5. Without a doctor actually seeing your insides, he can't really tell you how dangerous it is. Everyone is different, some people may have a thin uterus, while others may not. Also, when I went to my yearly appt in October my doctor asked if I planned on having anymore kids (at that time I wasn't) and she told me that first of all, no one should be told not to have a child if they really want, but for my particular situation if I did want to have another one then I needed to really think about it and I would be "high risk" maybe bed rest, and for sure an early delivery. I'm getting delivered at 37 weeks at the latest. They will be doing very frequent sonograms to monitor the scar, and make sure it's not breaking open at the end. I'm scared but I know that my doctor is looking out for me carefully I prevent any complications. She also told me that last time my uterus was very thin and she basically layered my uterus over the thin part and sewed it up that way, but she's still not sure how it will hold.
So after all that rambling, my best advice is to ask your doctor how things look AFTER your csection, basically right away so it's fresh on their mind.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search