Pregnancy: Boy vs Girl?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dandelion

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Moms of both genders... did you feel your pregnancy was harder with one than the other?

I loved being pregnant with Chase! It was an easy pregnancy, weight gain was very slow (gained 22 lbs total by the end of pregnancy), no stretch marks until the end of pregnancy (like only 2-3 weeks prior to birth), good moods, etc. I had some minor issues (sciatica mainly), but overall it was a good pregnancy.

This pregnancy is... totally different. I've felt sick and tired almost every day I think. Already suffering from shortness of breath, horrible heartburn, dizziness, exhaustion. I already FEEL gigantic! Weight gain is much faster, and I'm much bigger at this point than I was with Chase. And the stretch marks started about a month ago. I have a slight wheeze for like a month and no idea why...

Yesterday I was laying in bed with the heart burn darn near feeling like it was going to kill me and for the first time I thought, "I cannot WAIT to not be pregnant." I genuinely enjoyed being pregnant with Chase and this time it's just not the same. I'm really not enjoying it anymore and it's WAY too early to feel this way I think!

DH says it's because she's a girl and a few others have told me that girl pregnancies are worse. Just wondering if anyone else felt/feels the same?

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

April 24th, 2013, 07:22 AM
84oilymom's Avatar Veteran
My girl preg the first time was the best until the end when preterm labor started. My son gave me really bad heartburn as with this lil girl. But i think my sons preg was much more enjoyable than this one. Morning sickness til 14 weeks acid reflux rib and back pain and i am huge!

April 24th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i have to agree with you, i am so miserable this pregnancy, i'm having a girl too, i've already gained 22lbs and i feel fat and digusting. i can't move right, joint pain is horrible, stuffy nose constantly, headaches, can't sit or stand for long, feel exhusted, can't sleep at nite, this is a diaster, i can't wait to not be pregnant and see my lil girl. i have another 17 weeks, thank goodness!! with my son i actually had a non painful pregnancy i was excersizing, walking everyday, i was working and college. i was 10 yrs younger too, now that i hit 30's i feel like an old lady, my athritus is bad, i have the body of a 40 yr old my rhem doc said.

April 24th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Veteran
I've heard the same thing - that girl pregnancies are harder than boys, or at least involve more morning sickness. That's one reason why I was so sure I was having my third boy, since this pregnancy has been so similar to my others. I tend to have relatively easy pregnancies (at least I did with my two boys) aside from some wretched SPD pain in the third trimester. I was having a lot of back pain during early second trimester, but have felt really good for about the last month. So, it's been a little harder for me, but I haven't been sure if it's just because it's my third baby and I'm just not in as good of shape as I have been with my previous pregnancies and each time I'm a couple years older, or something else. But when I showed up to my anatomy scan, I felt so similar to my boys, I was just sure I'd see another penis!

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. I hear from a lot of friends that each of their pregnancies are very different, so maybe I'm just the odd one out! But I'm hoping this one is different in that I don't develop SPD issues and I don't swell so much this summer, but I'm not too hopeful.
April 24th, 2013, 07:31 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
The only issue I have had with girl pg's is more headaches, but I haven't had many this time around. This pregnancy has been fairly, okay, really, easy.

Overall I have had hard and easy pregnancies with both genders.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
April 24th, 2013, 07:35 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first was a girl and it was hard but this baby is a girl and it's been the EASIEST by far (even after 3 boys). I haven't been sick, didn't even feel movement until 19 weeks and I don't really FEEL pregnant. So I don't know about that theory. My last pregnancy was pretty smooth too but I was sick daily (just once a day) until he was born but it wasn't bad (aside from the SCH and Previa scare).

Last edited by BeachMum; April 24th, 2013 at 07:46 AM.
April 24th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
With all 3 of my boys I felt very pregnant. With all of then I had slight morning sickness and my belly was huge each time. With my girl, I wouldn't even know I was pregnant if it weren't for my growing belly and feeling her move..I never had a bit of morning sickness and aside from the sciatic pain I get in my right butt cheek, I do not feel pregnant *knock on wood*

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my siggy!

April 24th, 2013, 07:46 AM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
Well I have only been pregnant with my oldest DD and now this DD and these are completely different pregnancies! My first was a dream, it was easy, no symptoms, just great overall and she has been a dream kiddo ! This little booger lol seems to wanna kick my butt i am not only ready to meet her i am sooooo ready not to be pregnant anymore just because it has been difficult enough already.

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
April 24th, 2013, 07:51 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first three, boy, girl, boy were pretty much the same! This one is being very hard on me! Another girl this time.

April 24th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is true for me. I loved being pregnant with Haeden. I still had the migraines for the first 20 weeks, but I have them anyway, so that was not too surprising. I was smaller with him and carried out in front. You could never tell I was pregnant from behind. This time I much more round and the weight gain has been faster. I'm still hoping to gain less than I did with him though. It does seem to be slowing the last two weeks now. This time I have horrible back pain. Some vein issues. Same headaches as before. More heartburn. Just more tired in general. I don't feel cute this time at all either. I think a lot if it has to do with my back pain. I think it's just getting to me.

April 24th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It has been different with each child, regardless of gender. Each pregnancy had ups & downs.
Ray88 likes this.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
April 24th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
**knocking on all the wood I can find** this boy pregnancy has been easy so far. When I was pregnant with my DD I was miserable pretty much from start to finish.

April 24th, 2013, 08:55 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Both my boy pregnancies were super easy.
And my girl pregnancies have been ROUGH!
April 24th, 2013, 12:03 PM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Every pregnancy is different and I think subsequent pregnancies will always be different than your first.

That being said, aside from being freaking hot and my boobs growing immensly, this pregnancy has been pretty similar to my singleton pregnancies, which were girl, boy and now this little girl.

My twin pregnancy was by far the worst time of my entire life physically. I couldn't even switch positions while sleeping. I would have to wake up, grab hold of the head board and turn my humongous body!
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
April 24th, 2013, 01:12 PM
IvyMommy's Avatar Veteran
my first was a boy and easy my second a girl and I was sick a lot but this one is a boy and I get all day nausea, nauseous if I go too long between eating...throwing up, tired, huge this one is by far my worst pregnancy...I think age is a contributing factor for me
April 24th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Veteran
3 boys and now a girl.
I felt exhausted and nauseous in the first trimester. Never threw up, but I hardly even felt sick with the boys. I feel like I have had a lot of break outs on my face this time, which is just finally going away, that's been annoying! I am gaining weight quickly, as I did with the last two, but this time putting it on in the face. grrr. After the first trimester ickies I would say overall this pregnancy is going better. I don't have terrible heartburn or sciatic pain which I've become accustomed to during pregnancy....maybe it's still too early? And the last two pregnancies I had a cold turn into bronchitis which lead to asthmatic issues with nonstop coughing, Dr appts, meds etc. So, so far feeling uglier but feeling a lot better physically.

Lanae: Mommy to Ethan, Will, Alex and Surprise baby GIRL due August 15, 2013!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search