bottles

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2013, 06:22 PM
mrsmckenzie1's Avatar Veteran
So I have been off this baby scene awhile and i plan on sticking with what I know but was curiius what you ladies use.
I am a fan of the playtex dropins. My daughter was a very gassy baby and they were the best reasonably priced. My son i used medela bottles primarily cause they went with the pump and was convient...

April 24th, 2013, 06:40 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Well, once again I will try to bf, but when I go back to work, it never works, so I found some Breastflow bottles on clearance and will try those. My last one used Evenflo glass bottles.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
April 24th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In the past, we've used Dr. Browns bottles and loved them. This time, I'm not buying any bottles unless I need them.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
April 24th, 2013, 06:58 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
I am going to try to bf but for when DH and DD wasnt to feed the baby as well as me joining the work force again full time I will be using tommee Tippee and avent for now
Ray88 likes this.

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
April 24th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Yea i have always breastfed exclusively at least 3 months then i pumped to return to the work world.

April 24th, 2013, 07:22 PM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
We used the drop ins for DS, this time however we are going to use the Playtex Ventair. We don't have to worry about always buying drop ins.

April 24th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Veteran
I've always used the First Years breastflow bottles and liked them in the past. I have one of those and then two Avent natural glass bottles that I'm going to try this time. I'll probably stop there until I find out what works and if we need more.
April 24th, 2013, 09:02 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DD1 liked the Playtex Drop Ins and First Years Soothie bottles

DD2 liked the Playtex Drop Ins and also the cheap Gerber/Parent's Choice bottles

This time around, I think I am going to see if when I am not BFing he will take Tommee Tippees and then maybe the cheap gerber ones when he is a little older. I do like the drop ins, but I get sick of having to buy the liners and also, I saw that they have changed them! They used to come in cute prints and patterns and now they are all plain, half the reason I liked them was because they were cute LOL.

April 24th, 2013, 09:31 PM
I saw the tippie bottles but i cant bring myself to pay that much. They now have playtex storage system for dropins. So i can pump and store then feed in the same bag

April 25th, 2013, 04:33 AM
Super Mommy
Im bfing but for DH I will try using, Tommy Tippy and Avent Naturals

April 25th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i'd like to use tommee Tippee if i can't breast feed, or avent. i'm goin to try breast feeding first.

April 25th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We used the breastflow bottles with my niece and they were amazin!

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

April 25th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used Dr. Brown's last time. Not sure what we'll do this time. I plan to BF while I'm home, but will need to be pumping and get her used to a bottle by 2 months when I have to go back to work.

I'm really unsure what the process for that is. Does anyone have any good resources/books?

April 25th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Veteran
I plan on using playex drop-ins, but I also got a couple free samples of the new similiac bottles we'll probably try as well.

April 25th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Veteran
At first i fell in love eih the breastflow bottles, but the extra pieces to it made me nervous with cleaning and having dh make bottles, i just wanted something a bit easier for him.

I have gone back and forth between tommee tippee and avent naturals. I am going to go with avent naturals. I have a sample bottle 4ounce of the avent natural and i like it. Never tried tommee tippee though so cant compare.
I am planning to breastfeed for the first 8 weeks exclusively, then pump when i go back to work.
April 25th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll be using the Playtex ventaire bottles, but I have some some similac bottles that I am going to try too.
mom2K&G likes this.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my siggy!

April 25th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'll just sign up for the free nestle sample thing. it comes with a bottle and 1 is all I will need.

April 25th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Mommy of 3
We used Avent with the other two. I'm trying the new Avent naturals this time around.
The toddler I mind used Tommee Tippee and I liked those too.

April 25th, 2013, 11:57 AM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
The Tommee Tippee bottles are they made for breast feeding only (pumping) Or can they be used with formula as well?!

April 25th, 2013, 12:00 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my 7 year old and 4 year old, they would never take a bottle or pacificer. I have no bottles and don't really intend to get any unless I need them- I doubt it. I guess I worry that the baby will get lazy and not want to bf, so I don't introduce bottles/pacificers until it's too late. My two youngest went straight to a cup at about 9 months (water) usually going to a straw, but I let them play and experiment with the cup in the high chair. I had a really hard time breaking my son from the bottle and my oldest daughter from the pacificer, so it's better this way. It's tough to get through the first 6 months because it's ONLY you for nourishment, but it's worth it.

The last time I used bottles was 14 years ago and I used the avent ones because they attached to the manual breast pump.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search