Have any of you ladies ever gotten a prenatal massage?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Ray88
  • 2 Post By sharilyn
  • 1 Post By BeachMum
  • 1 Post By UrbanMomma
  • 1 Post By jam121184
  • 1 Post By mirdeemrlvs
  • 1 Post By Momma2Chase
  • 1 Post By soccermamatomany
  • 1 Post By Babsbabies

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Veteran
So I am having a ton of pain... like all the time pain. I'm achy at best and at my worst, well... I'm nearly in tears. I've been having an issue with the right side of my lower back that goes from by back, into my hip and down my leg a little bit. I know quite a few of you ladies have mentioned that you've been experiencing some sciatica which I've never had before and I'm not sure if this is that (if that makes sense). The pain is so bad I can't get comfortable to go to sleep and I've even had to miss a couple of shifts at work because I literally cannot stand up straight.

There is therapeutic massage clinic in my area that has gotten great reviews and one of their specialties is prenatal massage. I've asked my husband SO many times to rub my back for me because it hurts but he does it for like 5 minutes and then gives up (kind of makes me want to punch him.. hard.. but I'm too nice of a wife to do that )

So my question is this.. have any of you ladies ever gotten a prenatal massage for your pregnancy ailments and did it work?

Thanks in advance for your feedback
April 24th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Super Mommy
Yes, I got one around 20 weeks for my hip and neck pain. And I must say it's worth every penny. I left the massage parlor feeling refreshed and regenerated. I plan on getting a few more later in the third trimester close to term. Cause i heard it can help loosen your muscles and prepare you for an easier labor. Im sorry your having so much pain, and i hope getting a prenatal massage helps. *Hugs*
lucyinthesky88 likes this.

April 25th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Super Mommy
I have mine scheduled for Monday! However for pain I recommend the chiropractor. I was having terrible pain in my hip, and my husband so nicely told me I'm already starting the pregnancy waddle... One appointment- 20 min- no waddle and no pain! I can actually stand up and start walking right away now lol. For me massage is just relaxing.
jam121184 and lucyinthesky88 like this.

April 25th, 2013, 05:39 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did with my first pregnancy, every week, it was actually doctor ordered It was wonderful and I so enjoyed it. My back was really giving me trouble with my first pregnancy and it did help.

April 25th, 2013, 05:43 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I don't like other people touching me, well, people I don't know, so I have never had a massage.
Hope it helps you out.
#12 is on the way
April 25th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Veteran
See a chiropractor!!! Thereapeutic massage is good compliment to chiropractic assistance as well.
April 25th, 2013, 08:43 AM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got a "prenatal massage" but, she obviously did not know what she was doing, because she asked me what I wanted to be comfortable on my belly. I never did get comfortable, and my neck ended up hurting worse because of the way I was laying. I also was nervous for about two days after that because my belly felt weird and I felt guilty for laying on my belly. I plan on going to another one eventually that my friends recommended, apparently, they have special pillows and know just how to place them to make you comfortable, OR, I will just lay on my side.

April 25th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Momma2Chase's Avatar August 2013 DDC Co-Host
I didn't have a prenatal massage but I saw a chiropractor for my sciatia when it was so bad... and yours definitely sounds like sciatic pain!

The chiro was amazing- they have special techniques for pregnant women and helped me so much. The pain never went away totally but it got a lot more manageable!

Also, you can talk to your Ob and they can prescribe physical therapy to help. Mine prescribed "aquatic therapy" but I didn't end up using it (went to chiro instead)

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

April 25th, 2013, 01:34 PM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a couple of prenatal massages when I was pregnant with my son and it was wonderful!! It really helped with my sciatica!
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
April 25th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Veteran
Yes! I've gotten one with each pregnancy (hoping for more than one this time around and loved them all. It sounds like you know of a good place - I can't imagine being disappointed. My husband mentioned mother's day today and asked if there was anything I wanted. Hands down I'd take either a house cleaning or a prenatal massage - or both! A girl can dream!
April 25th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Veteran
Thanks for all of your feedback ladies. I really appreciate it I am going to make an appointment for tomorrow. They have a first time customer special - $49 for a 60 minute massage which is very reasonable I think. And the fact that it is a reputable place puts me at ease safety wise. Here's to hoping this helps!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search