I am hungry all the time

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2013, 01:29 PM
cypressmama's Avatar Super Mommy
Please tell me I am not the only one dealing with this,
I haven't had much of an appetite up until a week or so ago, but now I am starving all the time. I eat and an hour later feel like I haven't eaten all day WHAT THE HECK??

Is this normal and are any of you dealing with this too? I'm terrified I'm going to gain 50 lbs if I keep eating like this...

April 25th, 2013, 01:35 PM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have my on and off days. Some days I can't get enough and some days I eat just enough.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
April 25th, 2013, 02:25 PM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
I have days were I am starving non stop!! Then I have days where I barely eat anything!

April 25th, 2013, 02:41 PM
mrsmckenzie1's Avatar Veteran
This is going to sound bad, but you get use to it. My last pregnancy I delivered at 220, my-prepreg was 130... needless to say 90lbs did not disappear quickly... I finally got down to about 150-160 until I got remarried and depressed from 18 months of trying to conceive and gained a whopping 25 lbs. I told myself this preg I was not going to feed into my temptation to be a fat face. So I started eating Oat Grouts. It is the original from of oatmeal (you can find it at like Sprouts, Trader Joes, Central Market, or whatever organic or health grocer stores you might have). I mix it with honey and a little brown sugar and usually flax seed and some type of fresh fruit. It suprisingly bars off hunger for a good portion of the day. Now I also drink alot of fluids. But I have only gained 6 pounds and my cholestrol dropped, baby is growing just fine! Its also excellent post baby for weight loss :-) google benefits of oat groats... sorry for being so long

http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/top-...moms-6849.html
http://www.livestrong.com/article/39...t-bran-groats/

Last edited by mrsmckenzie1; April 25th, 2013 at 02:57 PM. Reason: links
April 25th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I eat all the time and some days I have no appetite If I remember, it'll come and go thru out your pregnancy!

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

April 25th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Momma2Chase's Avatar August 2013 DDC Co-Host
My appetite has really been up and down this whole pregnancy- for example: yesterday all I ate was a bowl of cereal, an ice cream sandwich, and some Wheat Thins. I was just not hungry to the point where eating sounded awful.

Today I've been really hungry! I try to keep myself in check as much as I can. At my appt yesterday I expected to hear I gained a TON *because I've had quite a few days lately where I can't get full* and it turns out I didn't gain or lose anything! Ob was okay with that being that I'm overweight anyway, but I was surprised.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

April 25th, 2013, 05:07 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have the same problem, but it comes in spurts. I can SO relate to my 4 year old who I think is on a growth spurt and is always hungry even if she just ate.

April 25th, 2013, 05:32 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
My appetite comes and goes. Sometimes I feel like i am on the brink of death if i don't eat everything and other days im just a cereal and water girl.

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search