Video Baby Monitors - Let's Discuss

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By Babsbabies
  • 1 Post By IvyMommy
  • 1 Post By Kelllilee
  • 1 Post By Tinky
  • 1 Post By miniRazz
  • 1 Post By FL Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2013, 02:25 PM
FL Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been looking around, but can't decide. I have no experience with the video ones - only sound. So, what are your experiences? What do you like/dislike? School me!

Noah Joseph - 8/22/03
Jonah Thomas - 9/29/05
Patricia Carryl - Due 8/23/13

Missing my Heavenly Babies - 10/28/04 - 14wks & Baby Born Still - 10/18/11 - 17wks

April 25th, 2013, 02:33 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never used one--no need. Baby is always with an adult.
April 25th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Mommy of 3
We used a summer one with our first two kids. We switched around bedrooms after my daughter was born though and got a lot of interference on it then. Very annoying!
Absolutely loved being able to see baby at night time though and during naps if we were sitting outside. The monitor eventually wore out on it so we need a new one.
I was looking some up on Amazon the other day, I'm staying away from Summer this time in case we have the same interference problem. I'm pretty sure we're going to go with a Motorola one.

April 25th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We had a regular sound moniter with our son and a video one with our daughter. I actually registered for a video moniter this time around BC we live in a split level house where our porch is on the 2nd floor so when we're out in the backyard we're on a different level. We didnt have much interference with the old one we had but I loaned it to my sister in law and eventually it wore out!

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

April 25th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronzmom View Post
We had a regular sound moniter with our son and a video one with our daughter. I actually registered for a video moniter this time around BC we live in a split level house where our porch is on the 2nd floor so when we're out in the backyard we're on a different level. We didnt have much interference with the old one we had but I loaned it to my sister in law and eventually it wore out!

What brand/model did you have before? Are you going with the same one this time around?

Noah Joseph - 8/22/03
Jonah Thomas - 9/29/05

Missing my Heavenly Babies - 10/28/04 - 14wks & Baby Born Still - 10/18/11 - 17wks

April 25th, 2013, 06:00 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did TONS of research on monitors and I decided to go with the Angelcare system without the video portion. They do have them with video but it is a bit expensive. I just got the sound and movement monitor. The way it works is if the baby stops breathing, an alert goes off. I read the reviews and was soooo impressed at how many people it has helped. I plan to keep the baby in my room for a little while but still plan to use the monitor when he is older and in the crib.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
April 25th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Veteran
I've never had one and never even use our regular monitor. We've only lived in small, one level houses, so baby's room is right next to ours and we can hear everything. But, one funny thing - my kids shared a room with their cousins over Thanksgiving and one family had one and they would tell their daughter to get back in bed through the monitor if they woke up too early. My 4 year old was so traumatized by the voice coming through the monitor - he still talks about it 6 months later!

Last edited by Babsbabies; April 26th, 2013 at 04:40 AM.
April 25th, 2013, 11:06 PM
BabyT_heart_beat's Avatar Baby girl Londyn 8/13
DH is really adamant about a video monitor. Baby will be with us for the first few months then after we transition her room is across the hall. We will register for one but it's not really a neccessity. I would be just fine with the sound one. I'm still researching different brands. They are all so expensive

****Thank you*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy****

April 25th, 2013, 11:39 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
We aren't getting one. I'll have a bed in the nursery that I'll sleep in while she's a baby

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

April 26th, 2013, 05:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I honestly can't remember which brand we had, that was almost 9 years ago haha!

I registered for several different ones thru Target until I can actually get to the store and view them up close

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

April 26th, 2013, 08:28 AM
IvyMommy's Avatar Veteran
I have read Motorola is the best for less interference especially with your wifi
FL Mama likes this.
April 26th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
I've never used a baby monitor of any kind
alittlelost likes this.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

April 27th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvyMommy View Post
I have read Motorola is the best for less interference especially with your wifi

Good to know! I have been leaning towards the Motorola's, and I can't stand interference. LOL!!

Noah Joseph - 8/22/03
Jonah Thomas - 9/29/05

April 27th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We didn't use one last time, but I may register for one and see since I don't really need anything

April 27th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
I had one but dont remeber what it was. I like when the boys got older, that i could listen to them play without them being aware. hearing coos and ooohs when i wake up is just so sweet.
FL Mama likes this.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
April 28th, 2013, 08:48 PM
miniRazz's Avatar <3 my rainbow baby
I bought the motorola, best review
FL Mama likes this.

April 29th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
We registered for this one:

Amazon.com: Motorola MBP33 Wireless Video Baby Monitor with Infrared Night Vision and Zoom, 2.8 Inch: Baby

In the past we've had the super cheap audio kind, and that worked fine for a while. Then someone gave us their really old video one and it also worked fine for a while before dying out. The baby will sleep with us for a while, but once he's in his own room I definitely feel more comfortable being able to see and hear him since our bedrooms are not that close together.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

April 29th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husher View Post
We registered for this one:

Amazon.com: Motorola MBP33 Wireless Video Baby Monitor with Infrared Night Vision and Zoom, 2.8 Inch: Baby

In the past we've had the super cheap audio kind, and that worked fine for a while. Then someone gave us their really old video one and it also worked fine for a while before dying out. The baby will sleep with us for a while, but once he's in his own room I definitely feel more comfortable being able to see and hear him since our bedrooms are not that close together.

Ive been looking at the MBP36. Motorola seems like the nicest. We, too, will have Patti in the room with us at first, but for naps during the day and once she is in her own room I'm really liking all the features on these.
Husher likes this.

Noah Joseph - 8/22/03
Jonah Thomas - 9/29/05

April 29th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Mama View Post
Ive been looking at the MBP36. Motorola seems like the nicest. We, too, will have Patti in the room with us at first, but for naps during the day and once she is in her own room I'm really liking all the features on these.
We feel the same way. It's expensive, but since this is going to be our last child and we've never actually purchased one before, we figure we'll splurge a little. Target had this same monitor on sale last week and with our Target card we could have gotten it over $30 cheaper than Amazon, but we still decided to wait until closer to the due date. It wasn't easy though!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search