Hospital Bags Packed Already?! :P

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMum View Post
BTW, welcome, please introduce yourself. When are you due?? is this your first baby? I see it's a girl, any names picked out? Nice to have new posters.
Thanks for the welcome! I like this place a lot so far I've had some bad experiences with forums and finding the right one lol

My name is Lisette and I'm due August 6th :") This is BF and I's first child and we weren't trying but weren't being as careful as she should have been... we both secretly wanted a baby teheee ;-P I'm 25 and he's 30. Yes we were blessed with a little girl! He wanted a girl sooooooooooo bad but I was hoping for a boy! Backwards right? Lol Her name is going to be Rosemarie Aurora and is taking his last name. Her first name is a mix between my mother's, Rosa, and his mother's, Maria and her middle name is his grandmother's name who recently passed away so it has a lot of meaning behind it :")
mom2K&G likes this.

April 26th, 2013, 01:51 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! I hope you keep posting!

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
April 26th, 2013, 06:27 PM
cypressmama's Avatar Super Mommy
Welcome Lisette!!

I am planning a home birth, but did transfer to the hospital with my daughter (though we left the hospital and had a home birth after all) I had not planned for the hospital at all and was scrambling to pack for me and her when I was fully in labor. It was a nightmare.

I will have a bag packed this time around,

here is a link I found with good info for packing bags
my blog: whats in a bag.

I don't know when I will pack, because there is the possibility of a 10 day discrepancy on my due date *I could be 10 days further then we thought AND i went early with Hailey I will probably pack some time in early July. Which would technically be 34 weeks

April 26th, 2013, 06:38 PM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
Yay!! Congrats and welcome!!
MommyPenguin4 likes this.

April 26th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Super Mommy
Oh I'm so excited for you in planning at home births! I wish I had the pain tolerance to do one! I've always been fascinated with home births, especially natural water births and wish so badly to have one. If I'm honest with myself though I have such a low tolerance for pain so could never give birth naturally with no pain medications lol That and I talked to BF about it and his response was, "Ummm... no." LOL! It just seems like mid wives are so much more "intimate" than most doctors if that makes sense.

Thanks for the link! I'm checking it out right now

Thanks mom2gabe!

April 26th, 2013, 07:14 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
Welcome! Congrats on your princess and keep posting !

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
April 26th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome and congrats!

I will probably pack a bag 3 weeks before my due date. I will pack my personal hygiene items, couple changes of clothes and only an outfit for baby to come home in. I've learned that I get overwhelmed with all the extra unnecessary things baby and I won't use, especially because the hospital provides just about everything baby will need.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my siggy!

April 26th, 2013, 11:42 PM
Veteran
Welcome Excited to get to know you!
April 27th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I keep saying I'm going to and then put it off. I will soon though, I like to have stuff ready early

April 27th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks for the welcomes ladies! I'm liking it here a lot already! Everyone is so friendly :")

The only thing I won't be able to get ready right away is the baby bag which will have her going home outfit and such. We're waiting till after the baby showers to see if hopefully someone gifts us with the one I really want

April 28th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Norwegian mom's Avatar Veteran
I haven't packed mine, but I'm really looking forward to doing it. This time I will finish the packing before the labor is starting. I packed the last of it during my contractions last time and it really sucked.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search