Hospital Bags Packed Already?! :P

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Super Mommy
So my mother told me I should pack my hospital bags about 2 weeks before my due date but I can't wait that long! What if I go into labor before that? So BF and I are going shopping to pick up the things I'll need (mostly travel size hygiene items to save room) and getting them packed NOW! Is that weird?!! Lol have any of you ladies packed your bags already? I just want to be able to check something off our To-Do List Even if it means we'll have them ready to go by our door for the next few months lol

April 26th, 2013, 04:39 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I won't pack until 35 weeks. I use one bag for me and baby and before 35 weeks baby most likely won't be coming home with me. If I go before then I trust my mom to get the right things, haha, SO would just go buy the cheapest.

April 26th, 2013, 04:48 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so impatient but don't have anything packed yet. I've got a childbirth prep class May 25/26 that ill go to first. I figure they'd tell me what I need and more importantly.. What I don't soo don't over do it... But it's coming fast! I hit 28 weeks (the later week of what is considered third trimester) on May 10!!! We will all have that step done in no time.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
April 26th, 2013, 05:57 AM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
I don't pack until around 32 to 35 weeks. IF something ever happened I would be pretty sure that DH would be able to get stuff I need.

April 26th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've packed a small baby bag (really, they dont' need much as the hospital provides diapers/wipes and clothes just hinder their ability to check on baby,etc) but I havent' packed mine yet.

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

April 26th, 2013, 06:38 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronzmom View Post
I've packed a small baby bag (really, they dont' need much as the hospital provides diapers/wipes and clothes just hinder their ability to check on baby,etc) but I havent' packed mine yet.
My hospital didnt provide wipes, they expected you to get up, get the guaze pads, walk to the sink, wet them, walk back to baby, and use those. And diapers were size 1! My babies, even my 9lb 10oz son were swimming in them! My youngest two were 7.9 and 7.15 and they were swimming in newborn size, I ended up using preemie for a week or two with oth of them.

April 26th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Mommy of 3
I'm packing soon lol!
I know it's early but I just love having stuff done and out if the way. Honestly, only for the fact that dh and I are going away this weekend and I need the bag for that, I'd probably have started packing already! Crazy I know but that's just me

April 26th, 2013, 06:49 AM
84oilymom's Avatar Veteran
I dont have a bag for me packed but i have a lil bag with cloth dipes disposable liners and some honest company wipes because if i go early i want my baby cloth and chemical free from birth preemie or not.

April 26th, 2013, 06:49 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I never pack until I am in labor, gives me something to do.
IvyMommy and alittlelost like this.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
April 26th, 2013, 07:07 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I won't pack until closer to the due date, I will start buying the travel stuff to go in there, but I don't want to pack sooner.
mom2K&G likes this.

April 26th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're hoping to move before she's due so I definitely won't be packing a bag anytime soon. Heck, we aren't even buying real baby stuff yet except clothes! lol

If I weren't hoping to move beforehand, I probably wouldn't pack until 37ish weeks. There are specific things I want to buy for the hospital (and to have on hand at home) so I won't wait until I'm in labor

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

April 26th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
not packing anything, if i have to go to the hospital someone can run home and get what i need

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

April 26th, 2013, 08:02 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Pack it when you feel like it

I have my kids at 36, 35, and 37 weeks.

I don't remember when I packed with the 1st too, but I'm pretty sure I pack once I go into labor. Gives me something to do in early labor lol. Except with my oldest I packed when they were sending me to the hospital.

This time I will make a list of what I need and pack when I'm ready to leave the house. I'll only be gone a little while, so I shouldn't need much.
April 26th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
I think I'm just gone make a list of things that will need to be packed (hang it up) but probably won't pack it till labor or close to dd.

April 26th, 2013, 08:25 AM
AprylLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I normally pack a small bag with soaps, brush, ect and change of clothes. Ill do that maybe a week before c-section. This time we are literally 2 blocks from the hospital so if I need anything I can just send dh home to get it.
mom2K&G likes this.

Visit my blog:http://adventuresofamom.blog.com/
April 26th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't packed but I did buy some travel sized toiletries for myself. I'll prob pack a bag around 30 weeks or so

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
April 26th, 2013, 08:47 AM
MissCiara's Avatar 8/28/13
I won't pack until' 32-35 weeks.
April 26th, 2013, 11:24 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll probably pack sometime around 32-34 weeks

April 26th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Super Mommy
I'm only 25 weeks and I just can't wait! LOL! The only thing I'm bringing for baby is her going home outfit and a soft toy in case the car ride home isn't a pleasant experience for her But now reading what some of you ladies were saying about the diapers being too big that were given to you from the hospital, I might bring a small pack of premie ones just in case.

This is my list (hopefully not too much!):

Chapstick, hygiene products like my toothbrush, deodorant, hair brush and ties, ect..., sour candies, healthy snacks so we don't have to use the vending machines, my favorite pads, video camera, phone & charger and my iPod

April 26th, 2013, 01:02 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
BTW, welcome, please introduce yourself. When are you due?? is this your first baby? I see it's a girl, any names picked out? Nice to have new posters.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search