Overactive Imagination Lately... o_O

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By ElliotsMommy13
  • 1 Post By Honestlymonique
  • 1 Post By yvee80
  • 1 Post By MommyPenguin4
  • 1 Post By mirdeemrlvs
  • 1 Post By mirdeemrlvs
  • 1 Post By mirdeemrlvs

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Super Mommy
Ok so this is going to be a really weird post... you've been WARNED!

So I've always had an overactive imagination ever since I was a little kid. I just imagine things in my head so vividly so playtime was always AWESOME! But now being an adult it can be weird lol I'll be going to bed and turning off lights in the house and I'll imagine seeing a ghost or something (yes I believe in all that kind of stuff ) and will TOTALLY freak myself out where I have to think happy thoughts until I'm safely in my bed! WEIRDO I KNOW! LOL!

Well ever since I've been pregnant it's like my already overactive imagination has been on overdrive! Every time I get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night it's literally the instant I open my eyes I start "seeing" scary demons or aliens coming at my in my head and I get all scared! Like a little kid! Last night I had to think about my baby and want she will look like and anything to keep my mind occupied as I walked in the dark from my room to the bathroom... what is wrong with me like seriously?... Lol I'm tempted to ask my mother, who I'm staying with to visit, if she has any night lights! >_< When I told her she said I could always come sleep in her bed if I get too scared! LOL! Oh I love my momma...

I'm sure I'm the only weirdo going through this but has anyone else had funky pregnant experiences too ?!!

Please be gentle with me... I know how odd this is!!

April 26th, 2013, 01:44 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dont think you are crazy one bit!! since being pregnant I keep swearing I see people walking my in the other room when there is nobody there. Not sure what it is.. At least your mom seems pretty awesome about it all.
Ray88 and MommyPenguin4 like this.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
April 26th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
Okay I always felt like I can see ghosts, it doesn't scare me though. People in my family say I have an old soul cause I had fish dreams about people being pregnant n I can just tell within 5 mins of knowing u rather u a good person or not. relationship wise *for other people not for myself* (n I have always ALWAYS got it right) I'm just a weirdo but anyway lately while I been pregnant my dreams have been crazy. Not the usual pregnancy dreams but dreams of people who are no longer here. Like they giving me messages are something. Like my grandmother n law passed in January n I had a dream about her last week n I haven't told Dh yet n don't know if I should. It's all very weird. I think pregnancy heighten the senses you already have.
MommyPenguin4 likes this.

April 26th, 2013, 02:29 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
Um...I have always been the on who when you turn the lights out has to run to the bed enforce someone grabs my feet!!!!! I always think i see stuff and if I hear something forget it....so you are NOT the only one lol!!!!

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
April 26th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Super Mommy
Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!! LOL! Yes I agree HonestlyMonique! I think pregnancy heightens ALL the senses you had before...

I have NEVER been able to look at myself in a mirror when it's dark because I imagine seeing someone else's face there like a ghost or something! :O I am seriously considering getting a night light when I get home LOL! I used to have a really cool color changing one just because I thought it was pretty but left it at a hotel... who brings a night light with them to a hotel? THIS GIRL! LOL!

I do that too yvee! I can't have my hands or feet hanging over the bed sometimes because I think something's going to attack me! Funny how we're adults yet still have little fears like that!
yvee80 likes this.

April 26th, 2013, 03:47 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't think your crazy one bit. I completely beleive in the "supernatural" God, the devil, angels, demons. I know there is a "dark side" and it's NOT friendly. I had really bad nightmares a couple weeks back and I felt evil everywhere. I finally woke up DH (who was sleeping on the couch) and made him sleep with me- the next night I prayed and dabbed olive oil all over and it didn't happen again.

April 26th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Super Mommy
Olive oil? I've never heard of that! Please do tell :")

I've definitely had a lot more bizarre dreams and a ton of nightmares since being pregnant but I think that's pretty normal. You have a million things you're thinking about and worrying about now it's bound to effect your dreams! I think the worst one I had was also one of the funniest lol I dreamt that I was one of the two last contestants on The Bachelor... LOL!! My BF was the bachelor and we were as much in love as we are in real life today except I wasn't pregnant. So when I was driving to meet him I was so confident he was going to choose me! But then I was thinking what if he didn't? I would never see him again... he could love the other girl more... and I woke up and was soooooooooo upset >_< I was crying like an idiot to him and he couldn't help but laugh at how silly it was lol dreams are so horrible sometimes!

April 26th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyPenguin4 View Post
Olive oil? I've never heard of that! Please do tell :")

I've definitely had a lot more bizarre dreams and a ton of nightmares since being pregnant but I think that's pretty normal. You have a million things you're thinking about and worrying about now it's bound to effect your dreams! I think the worst one I had was also one of the funniest lol I dreamt that I was one of the two last contestants on The Bachelor... LOL!! My BF was the bachelor and we were as much in love as we are in real life today except I wasn't pregnant. So when I was driving to meet him I was so confident he was going to choose me! But then I was thinking what if he didn't? I would never see him again... he could love the other girl more... and I woke up and was soooooooooo upset >_< I was crying like an idiot to him and he couldn't help but laugh at how silly it was lol dreams are so horrible sometimes!
I know.. my dreams are so vivid sometimes I wish I could turn my brain off!!! About the olive oil.. Have you watched horror movies like amityville horror? (I watched them when I was little, well, family members did and I was in the room) I DONT watch horror movies, ghost stuff, etc.. anyway- you know in amityville horror where he sprinkles oil on the girl? Well, what I do is pray that God would "anoint" the oil and it's used as kind of a "barrier" of sorts to keep evil at bay. If you know about the bible, the Israelites sprinkled lamb's blood over their doorposts and it kept the death angel away. Well, the lamb signified Jesus, the sacrificial lamb. The oil symbolizes the Holy Spirit. Does that clear anything up?

April 26th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Super Mommy
Yes it does! Thanks I will definitely have to try that out when I get super scared!
mirdeemrlvs likes this.

April 26th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In my brain, I tell myself I don't believe in ghosts... but I've had crazy stuff happen to me & I've seen some things that make me think maybe they are real. Lol I don't believe in demons or the devil or god for that matter but thanks to horror movies I am afraid of the idea of ghosts. Just like I'm afraid of the dark lol.I know nothing is there yet I get creeped out

Now if I start to get creeped out I just ignore it. Seems the more paranoid you get the worse your experience becomes, whether it's just in your head or not. who really knows?

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!

Last edited by Dandelion; April 26th, 2013 at 07:03 PM.
April 26th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
Now if I start to get creeped out I just ignore it. Seems the more paranoid you get the worse your experience becomes, whether it's just in your head or not. who really knows?
Yes it's so true! I know it's because I keep thinking about it that makes it worse but I can't shut it off! LOL I sit there and tell myself, "Lisette! STOP IT!" But it never does lol

April 28th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Super Mommy
Soooooooooo... I'm embarrassed but happy to announce that my momma did find a night light in one of the extra bedrooms and since then I have not been afraid when getting up to use the bathroom in the middle of night... omg... LOL!
ElliotsMommy13 likes this.

April 28th, 2013, 04:14 PM
I have a motion senser night light in my bathroom so that I don't have to flip off/on the light when I get up. It seems to work for me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search