Rocking chairs/gliders/overstuffed chair rockers

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2013, 09:55 PM
IvyMommy's Avatar Veteran
Anyone have any raves about any ? Or if you have one post a pic ? I can't decide one day I want a glider the next day I want a big stuffed chair rocker....it doesn't help that it's hard to find a navy or a white one to go with my nursery....I found one at pottery barn but can't justify tht much on a chair and ottoman for a nursery
April 30th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm in the market too

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

April 30th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Ooops! We had this old ratty stuffed rocking chair that we had inherited from my DH's grandfather. It was really, really ugly and was falling apart, but sooooo comfortable. We just threw it away about a year ago and now I'm panicking thinking about how much we'll have to spend to get another one.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

April 30th, 2013, 07:43 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I already had my amazing rocker glider recliner chair.. but its already difficult getting myself out of some because you just get sucked into its comfyness.. sooo, I decided that it would be bad for a nursery with a baby in my arms.. I ended up buying this one: Amazon.com: Stork Craft Hoop Glider and Ottoman Set, Espresso/Beige: Baby because it was one of the least expensive ones with great reviews. Plus, from amazon so I got free shipping. Assembly was super easy and its actually comfortable. Well worth it in my opinion.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
April 30th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Super Mommy
I had a glider with an ottoman that I bought with my first. It's 16 years old and still the most popular seat in our house. Starting to squeak a bit. I highly recommend it.
April 30th, 2013, 11:07 AM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I'm getting a gliding rocker Lazyboy!! I'm soo excited Don't have which picked out yet though.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

April 30th, 2013, 12:32 PM
FL Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Charleston Upholstered Convertible Rocker | Pottery Barn Kids

That's not my exact one, but it's pretty similar (they don't seem to make mine anymore). I bought it when I was preggo with #1, and we've gotten a lot of use out of it and it's still going strong. The only thing I'm bummed about is that they made different colored slip covers for my model, but since they don't make it anymore I can't get a new one.

Noah Joseph - 8/22/03
Jonah Thomas - 9/29/05
Patricia Carryl - Due 8/23/13

Missing my Heavenly Babies - 10/28/04 - 14wks & Baby Born Still - 10/18/11 - 17wks

April 30th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had something similar to this one for Haeden. I gave it to my mom afterwards though and her animals pretty much ruined it. I prefer the look of these (looks better in person than in the picture) to the wooden ones and I think it can be used in another part of the house later. I don't have room for it since the kids are going to share, but my MIL is giving us a chair that rocks and we're putting it in the living room. My one bit of advice is to scotch guard the heck out of it because all kinds of junk is going to get all over it!

Newco Hannah Glider - Coffee Pebble - NEW Corp - Babies "R" Us

April 30th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Veteran
I have a glider rocker that I got before my oldest son was born. I think the brand is Dutailer, or something like that. Here is the brand at Target:
Dutailier : gliders & ottomans : Target

I paid $30 for it along with an ottoman (that we never use) and I'm still floored at what a good deal it was. I recovered the seats as it was very pink, along with the help of my seamstress mom, and probably put $40 into fabric.

I still sit in it to read to my boys every day. I do love the look of the upholstered chair rockers, but I'm happy with what I have. If I could change one thing, I'd make it a little taller - I can't really lean my head back as nicely as you can in newer models (I'm guessing it's at least 7 years old).

Maybe check your area's craigslist?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search