will hubby be sleeping over the first few nights of birth and after birth

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Veteran
He'll be there the whole time, unless we run into an issue with childcare for our boys.
April 30th, 2013, 04:20 PM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is actually the first time I've heard of places where your DH wouldn't be able to stay with you after the baby.. That seems crazy to me. We were in the hospital 1 night last time and he was there. This time we probably won't be staying overnight anywhere but if I do he will stay

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
April 30th, 2013, 06:01 PM
KeLLiC09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The hospital has a bed type thing for the DH or SO to sleep on. I'm not sure he'll be sleeping there at all the whole time I'm there. We haven't completely discussed it. I figured he'd want to be at home with Nate
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13

April 30th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Veteran
I think he will go home after the birth, to sleep and keep the routine with our son. But not totally sure. Last time we were there for my two days of labor and then he went home. I was sharing a room and there was nowhere for him to sleep etc . . . Maybe I will think about trying to get him to stay a bit more? But I do also like the idea that he could keep things more normal for our son. Ughh. It seems so hard to figure it all out! My partner is also super busy at work and building our new house . . . so he will be back working as soon as he can.
April 30th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Super Mommy
Last time, I thought he would stay, but he ended up going home. Our house is only a few blocks away, and the dog needed to be walked, and I just told him to stay home. He is really tall and that little bench sleeper thing was not going to cut it, especially after staying up with me all night through the labor. It didn't matter cause I liked not having to worry about him for a couple hours, and I just dozed on and off with the baby. He got to get some good quality rest, too.
May 1st, 2013, 12:54 AM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
DH wants to stay but we are unsure because of DD being in school then...it all depends on what she will have going on we do not want to disturb her routine much because. She doesn't sleep well without knowing her surrounding or me being there! My mom will be with us so if he does stay she will most likely go home with Nana to our house.

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
May 1st, 2013, 02:16 PM
Veteran
Mine will be staying... with this being our first I know he doesn't want to miss anything I think he also plans on taking some PTO for work for the first week or two so we can get some bonding time with our new baby.
May 1st, 2013, 02:59 PM
soaringphoenix's Avatar Mother Reborn
Mine will be staying with me. When I asked him, he gave me a blank look like saying where else would I be.
May 2nd, 2013, 06:06 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine will be coming home to be with the kids. I want our kids to sleep in their own beds and him be here for them. I want as little disruption as possible.

May 7th, 2013, 10:35 AM
amanda_jane15's Avatar Super Mommy
This is our fourth baby and our three other kids will do better with DH home. I only stay in the hospital 24 hours after birth. I actually enjoy being alone with baby <3 The first he stayed the whole time, with my second he had the flu and wasn't allowed in the hospital, with the third he was there all through delivery, he held and snuggled with baby then went on home at night. It is easier for us that way and works for our family

Thank you Sharon for my siggy!
May 7th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
I will be selfish and kick mine out. he snores something awful and between a new baby and the nurses coming to do nonsense things at all hours thats one less disruption to my rest than I need. With our last baby he and my daughter (13 at the time) stayed because by the time we got moved to our post partum room it was 2 am. He tried sharing a bed with me and my daughter slept on the other but he is a big guy also and I was ready to smother him with a pillow. He had actually napped during the labor. he woke up right after they broke my water, and asked 'What's wrong' The nurse gave him the dirtiest look

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search