I know this is irrational, but I can't help but worry!

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BirdsWifey

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2013, 08:18 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
For some annoying reason I can't block out the fear that I'm going to have a breech baby this time. I've had two successful natural births and am looking forward to my third, but I keep worrying that I won't get one this time.

I am familiar with the spinning babies website, and I know that baby still has sooo much time to turn, so why do I keep getting stuck on this? A few days ago I started listening to my Hypnobirthing birth affirmations to try and release the fear, but it's still nagging me.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

May 1st, 2013, 08:54 AM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
((hugs)) You're not alone! I haven't thought about whether baby is breech or not but I've been having the same fears that I won't have a natural delivery like I did the last time. My L&D with DD was amazing and I feel like I got 'too lucky' and that I will have all sorts of complications with this little guy.

May 1st, 2013, 08:59 AM
cypressmama's Avatar Super Mommy
I completely relate to you because my daughter was breach till she was 34 weeks when my midwife performed a version.

The good news is it was successful and she was born three weeks later perfectly healthy at home.

When you feel that fear begin deep breathing and praying or visualizing your sweet boy turning head down. I have already begun telling Skylar how I want her to lay
and if he decides to be stubborn and stay breach the good news is you are doing a home birth and not only do midwives know a ton of tricks to get our sweet ones in an optimal position they will actually do breach births depending on the situation. Since you are not doing a hospital birth a breach baby is not an automatic c.
My brother in law was breach and in the process of his birth he turned.

So begin speaking positive affirmations to release the fear (fear causes pain) and embrace the fact that your body knows exactly what it's doing. And tell that baby to get head down

HUGS!!

May 1st, 2013, 09:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
At my ultrasound my tech remarked about baby being breech but he had already turned again before the end of the appt. However I have the same fears and have already started researching ways to turn baby around!

I'm terrified of a csection!

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

May 1st, 2013, 07:06 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I always have to remember that the baby knows when and how to be born. Since I have had so many babies mine tend to stay transverse until the bitter end, 40 weeks even (I always go closer to 42 weeks). It can start to freak me out at 38-39 weeks.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
May 1st, 2013, 07:24 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sure everything will be okay! Have you talked to your doctor about breech vaginal delivery? My midwives have a doctor who will deliver breech if it comes down to it. But babies don't generally present breech and there are a LOT of things you can do if they do (peppermint, massage, exercises, acupuncture, manual versions, etc)
May 1st, 2013, 07:32 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have the exact same fear LOL! And i *know* it's irrational because DD2 didn't turn until pretty close to the end, but I still worry about it! Max has been transverse since the beginning, hopefully he behaves himself and turns when he is supposed to haha

May 1st, 2013, 09:21 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
My last baby turned breech at 36 weeks. We went over options for vaginal delivery (there are 2 OBs who will do them here), but I ended up getting her moved back to head down by 37 weeks with some moves from spinning babies. I was TERRIFIED the whole time of needing a c/s and not getting my homebirth we had planned for!

I think it's a rational fear. Talk with your provider about your options in the event of a breech. My midwife would have allowed me to wait until labor started before transferring to the hospital if she were still breech at that point. Interestingly enough a month after my baby was born my midwife ended up delivering a breech baby at a subsequent home birth (baby flipped breech during labor).

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

May 2nd, 2013, 08:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My daughter was breech. She never went head down at any time and I tried everything from the chiro doing the Webster technique to lying upside down on an ironing board and I was at the pool every darn day doing somersault and tumbles in the water. Nothing worked and at 38 weeks I had an extraversion scheduled to try turn her. At the last minute I backed out with a gut feeling that it wasn't the right thing to do.

Thank God I went with that feeling. When I had my c/s it was discovered that her cord was only about 4 inches long and was holding her like a bungee cord. She physically could not turn. If we had forced her via that extraversion, her cord would have torn and she could have died.

It's very unusual but the c/s was the safest ultimately for us both and I recovered very quickly from it. If you have to have one, don't worry about it. I was terrified but it wasn't a big deal for me. I'm going for a vbac with Caelyn and her cord looks long enough and we have seen her head down on ultrasound, so fingers crossed. Ultimately whatever is safest for our sweet babies is the right choice.

May 2nd, 2013, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colliekat View Post
My daughter was breech. She never went head down at any time and I tried everything from the chiro doing the Webster technique to lying upside down on an ironing board and I was at the pool every darn day doing somersault and tumbles in the water. Nothing worked and at 38 weeks I had an extraversion scheduled to try turn her. At the last minute I backed out with a gut feeling that it wasn't the right thing to do.

Thank God I went with that feeling. When I had my c/s it was discovered that her cord was only about 4 inches long and was holding her like a bungee cord. She physically could not turn. If we had forced her via that extraversion, her cord would have torn and she could have died.

It's very unusual but the c/s was the safest ultimately for us both and I recovered very quickly from it. If you have to have one, don't worry about it. I was terrified but it wasn't a big deal for me. I'm going for a vbac with Caelyn and her cord looks long enough and we have seen her head down on ultrasound, so fingers crossed. Ultimately whatever is safest for our sweet babies is the right choice.
That's why my midwife's other client's baby flipped during labor. Her cord was too short. It did tear, but thankfully baby was okay. Pretty scary.

May 2nd, 2013, 09:49 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They couldn't tell for length via ultrasound?
May 2nd, 2013, 10:21 PM
Measuring the length or placement of the cord isn't usually something standard to look for. Since a lot of women only have a 20 week u/s, it's not going to tell you much of anything about the cord other than 2 vessel vs 3 vessel and blood flow... Although with an external version you would think they'd look for potential problems before hand...

May 3rd, 2013, 05:51 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
The cord thing is something that has crossed my mind too. Part of me wonders if I'm having some sort of intuition on this whole breech fear because I've never had it before and this baby has been breech for every single u/s and I've always felt him in the exact same position. I'm not saying I believe he has a short cord or that he can't move, but the worry is still there, and it's really bothering me since I've never been concerned about this before. I just wish I could block it out. I'm sure my next appointment with my midwives will help, though. I'm looking forward to that appointment.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

May 3rd, 2013, 09:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Measuring the cord length isn't practical or precise on ultrasound as it may not even be visible in parts. It was a freak thing with Maddie to happen but apparently isn't genetic. Fingers crossed that baby Caelyn will have a normal length cord.

May 4th, 2013, 01:41 AM
BirdsWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My second son had a super short cord. He couldn't even be put on my pelvis. He was born sunny side up but he was head down so the shortness of the cord didn't stop him from turning!
Husher likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search