BTDT Mommies!!! Question For Ya :)

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree27Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2013, 07:20 PM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't use anything unless there's a rash. If not, there's no reason to use either. The less used on babies skin the better, in my opinion. I am going to be using cloth diapers and this is a big reason why.
mirdeemrlvs and MommyPenguin4 like this.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
May 1st, 2013, 07:41 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Neither!! Butt paste is the best if there is a rash.

I don't use baby wipes for wet diapers, only stinky ones..

Air drying and a little sun exposure are great for rashes...

Last edited by mirdeemrlvs; May 1st, 2013 at 07:44 PM.
May 2nd, 2013, 05:58 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Agreed, we don't use either and only treat if there is a rash. I love Butt Paste and CJ's Butter. We also use cloth wipes and only baby wipes when out and about.

May 2nd, 2013, 10:33 AM
Super Mommy
Another question!!! For all the ladies that are saying they only use wipes for messy diapers, what do you use when she pees then? I feel like I would have to wipe with something to get the pee off of her skin.

May 2nd, 2013, 10:41 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I always use wipes...

The only exception is if baby has a rash, and then I WASH baby's bottom between changes.
Bookreader likes this.
May 2nd, 2013, 11:42 AM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyPenguin4 View Post
Another question!!! For all the ladies that are saying they only use wipes for messy diapers, what do you use when she pees then? I feel like I would have to wipe with something to get the pee off of her skin.
In my thinking, I change diapers so frequently, that if I used baby wipes every time it would irritate baby's skin. I don't think that baby pee is really all that harmful for the baby, it's can't be very acidic. And with them pooping so much your using baby wipes frequently anyway... so, to answer your question, I just change the diaper when there is pee, and use baby wipes to clean the poop. I very rarely have rashes with my babies.
MommyPenguin4 likes this.

May 2nd, 2013, 03:55 PM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought I was the only one that uses wipes only for poopy diapers. Now if baby is soaked with pee I wipe. My mom always yells at me, but I figure the only reason I wipe when I pee is so I don't have to sit and drip dry to prevent my undies from getting wet, lol. And men don't wipe when they pee.

May 2nd, 2013, 04:30 PM
KeLLiC09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've always used Buttpaste or A&D Ointment.
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13

May 2nd, 2013, 05:43 PM
Veteran
I don't wipe for diapers that are just wet either. My oldest was at least two before I realized that I was in the small minority. I only have boys. I guess I'll find out if I feel different about a girl bottom, but it honestly never even occurred to me. I wipe them several times a day for poopy diapers or if they are actually wet.
May 2nd, 2013, 10:25 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelost View Post
I always use wipes...

The only exception is if baby has a rash, and then I WASH baby's bottom between changes.
Ditto. Even with DS's sensitive bum, I did a once-over with a wipe even when he was just wet. It never seemed to bother him.

Keep in mind that your baby is going to be a unique individual with unique skin and preferences. As long as baby is cared for and happy, there really is nothing that is best for everyone. It's kind of like asking what is the "best" face wash or gum flavor. Everyone will have their preferences. It took me a long time to realize that every mom will have a favorite EVERYTHING, and if I find something pointless that doesn't mean I'm wrong.
Good luck figuring out baby.
May 3rd, 2013, 07:26 AM
FL Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my boys I didn't really wipe for just pee unless their skin was visibly wet (which should be rare unless they are sitting in a wet dipe for too long all the time). Like others have said, newborns poop a lot so their bums will be getting plenty clean.

Noah Joseph - 8/22/03
Jonah Thomas - 9/29/05
Patricia Carryl - Due 8/23/13

Missing my Heavenly Babies - 10/28/04 - 14wks & Baby Born Still - 10/18/11 - 17wks

May 3rd, 2013, 10:45 AM
cypressmama's Avatar Super Mommy
I too say no powder. Johnson and Johnson just got their license revoked because carcinogens were found in their baby powder!!

For my daughter she got nasty rashes that would bleed and we realized it was a sensitivity to bananas or too much fruit like oranges or berries.
When she would eat them her bms get real bad and if I didn't change poopy diapers immediately she got a rash.

So preemptively change frequently (a rule of thumb is check every hour)
And the cream we swear by for rashes is burts bees diaper ointment. While not cheap, its a miracle cure for my kid's bad rashes

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search