update on me needing prayers

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By mom2K&G
  • 1 Post By Honestlymonique
  • 2 Post By UrbanMomma
  • 1 Post By alittlelost

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2013, 10:25 PM
Veteran
soo after finding out that my ob does not have hospital privleges i have been on that fun journey finding a doctor who will allow me to vbac. every doctor ive faxed my records to look at my file and just say no they dont want to touch my case not because im at a higher risk because im deemed unlikely to succeed at vbac. through lots of tears, fears and no's i have finally found a doctor who will at least sit down and talk with me about my case. he is a vbac friendly doctor he has done a lot of vbac's he did say he had some concerns he wanted to speak with me about before making a decision. i had orientation today in his office and they said i will be delivering at the hospital that they allow vbac's so i guess that's a plus. im soooo scared he is going to say no and i know it depends on how i present myself to him and what i say about the birth of my son. im beyond scared out of my mind he will say no because he is pretty much my last hope. if you have ever tried to vbac in a not so friendly vbac area it is very stressful feeling like you have no rights to your own body.
May 3rd, 2013, 04:34 AM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I didn't know there would be so many doctors or hospitals who would be this way. I truly hope you can sit down with the OB and he really understands how badly you want this. I have my fingers crossed for you! *hugs*
kearsty20 likes this.

May 3rd, 2013, 04:46 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
What was the situation with your c-section? Was it an emergency? I hope your appointment with him goes well. Just show him how passionate you are about this, and how willing you are to educate yourself on the process of a vaginal delivery. Hopefully he'll see how much it means to you and agree to try. Sending you all my positive vibes! Please keep us updated.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

May 3rd, 2013, 06:15 AM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
Sorry u having such a tough time n hoping he helps you
kearsty20 likes this.

May 3rd, 2013, 07:17 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
If you have only had one csection and it is a low transverse incision then I don't understand why they wont "allow" you a trial of labor.

I am vbac'ing and I have had 2 sections, one being an emergency section for placental abruption.

When you talk to the doc be sure of yourself. Remember they can't make you do anything you don't want to. No one can force you into major surgery.
kearsty20 and Ray88 like this.
#12 is on the way
May 3rd, 2013, 10:50 AM
cypressmama's Avatar Super Mommy
If he said no would you consider a midwife? They are very Vbac friendly. I also know of people who traveled to other states that had drs who were Vbac friendly

May 3rd, 2013, 12:29 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i'm so sorry hon I hope this new doctor can help you out. I think it sounds promising! Make sure he knows how important it is to you to at least get a chance to try.
kearsty20 likes this.
May 3rd, 2013, 12:47 PM
Veteran
husher- in my file it states that i dilated to 10 cm and pushed effectively for two hours and my son did not descend from a zero station and that i will unlikely be able to succeed at vbac, what they failed to mention was that i stalled at a 5 and the nurses would not let me do anything to help open me up instead i was given the option of epi or section i chose epi which was inserted incorrectly and half my body was completely useless, they also failed to mention that the last half hour of pushing i finally felt the urge to push but to get on my hands and knees or stand and they would not allow me to. the hospital i delivered my son at is high rating in c sections the night i went in they were packed and needed the room, they actually had to put women on different floors after babies being born because they didnt have enough room.

cypressmama- i have looked into midwives and they either dont do vbac's or dont do vbac's unless ive already had one, theres no way i could afford to go out of state, ive looked into a homebirth place but i have to pay 4,100 by 36 weeks and no way could i afford that.
May 3rd, 2013, 12:56 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
*hugs* kearsty. That is TERRIBLE I am so so sorry that was your birth experience last time. It happens all too often. Luckily you at least realize in retrospect what was going on. So many women get brainwashed into thinking they needed the c-section (I bet they convinced you at the time you needed it). Some people really do need c-sections but not anywhere near as many as are performed, and most people are led to believe theirs was one of the necessary ones.
May 3rd, 2013, 03:29 PM
Veteran
I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this... being pregnant can be stressful enough and it sounds like you've already been put through the ringer. I hope this new doctor will give you some hopeful news and that you're able to get the VBAC that you really want. Keep us posted - hugs!
May 3rd, 2013, 07:07 PM
mrsmckenzie1's Avatar Veteran
I had/have a similar vbac situation and me and the dr came to a compromise. I hope the best for u and your situation

May 3rd, 2013, 07:22 PM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck! Hopefully you can try for your vbac!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
May 3rd, 2013, 08:28 PM
Veteran
lost- i knew the whole time it was an unecesarean i had just gotten to the point that i felt defeated and had no other option i knew i couldnt get that baby out without standing or on my hands and knees and i couldnt move the right side of my body so i wasnt able to say F off im doing this.
May 3rd, 2013, 08:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So sorry you're going through this. When I hear stories like yours, I am so grateful for having an ob who is fully supportive of me having a vbac.

I hope you get to have yours too.

May 3rd, 2013, 08:43 PM
Veteran
thank you! it is such a pain in the butt! i would just do an unassisted home birth or walk into the hospital pushing but my husband is not for that at all! the not vbac friendly hospital is five minutes away if something were to go wrong but he is 100% no way and i know this is his baby too as much as it is solely mine at the moment i couldnt disregard his feelings for the well being of any of our children. i would chop his balls off if i felt he put any of our children in danger.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search