When we mail/recieve our gifts...

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By FL Mama
  • 1 Post By Anchored

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2013, 09:31 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What is the procedure? LOL.

Do we put our name/return address on it or is it supposed to stay a surprise who it is from until it is opened? Are we not allowed to open the box/package at ALL until the day we are all opening? I ask because I am considering not actually wrapping the gift itself but just having it in a cute box/mailer.....?

When are we supposed to ship by? Can I ship it early?

Thanks!!!!

May 4th, 2013, 09:57 AM
FL Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was just wondering about this, too. If we ship it ourselves we HAVE to put a return address, and that will give away who sent it. Or am I having a serious attack of preggo brain right now?
mamalamb likes this.

Noah Joseph - 8/22/03
Jonah Thomas - 9/29/05
Patricia Carryl - Due 8/23/13

Missing my Heavenly Babies - 10/28/04 - 14wks & Baby Born Still - 10/18/11 - 17wks

May 4th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
What is the procedure? LOL.
Regular ol' mailing! haha

Quote:
Do we put our name/return address on it or is it supposed to stay a surprise who it is from until it is opened?
Yep, put your return address! You don't have to put a name on it- I do a lot of "secret swapping" in a group I'm in and rather than put our name and address we do "Secret Pal" or something and then our address. Never had a problem shipping it! So it's up to you- if you want to add your name that's okay, your partner can just keep it a secret until she posts her gift. I plan to put secret partner or something. Chances are they can guess when they see the city/state anyway!

Quote:
Are we not allowed to open the box/package at ALL until the day we are all opening? I ask because I am considering not actually wrapping the gift itself but just having it in a cute box/mailer.....?
Nope, don't open until the open date!!

Quote:
When are we supposed to ship by? Can I ship it early?
Ship by May 20- you can ship it earlier but your partner will have to hang on to it for the open date!

Remember to PM me or email me and let me know when you've mailed so I can mark it off
mamalamb likes this.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

May 4th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Kaisia's Avatar Veteran
I'm going to have to have it shipped directly from the gift registry. Hope that's OK! Otherwise it would have probably been late coming all the way to Korea and then going all the way back to the US. Should be able to get it gift-wrapped, though the billing address will probably give me away.
May 4th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's no problem!

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

May 5th, 2013, 02:58 AM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
When I mail secret stuff i tend to just put my return address with no name or my DH last name (haven't changed mine yet) so it stays a surprise.

Oh and I am so excited everything I see I want to get for my partner it's hard for me to narrow it down when it comes to the kiddos lol!

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
May 13th, 2013, 03:38 PM
84oilymom's Avatar Veteran
I used secret partner and it was shipped and sent fine

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search