cypressmama & Momma2Chase & MommyPenguin4

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Anchored
  • 1 Post By Anchored

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Super Mommy
Hi ladies!

So where do we start? My due date is August 6th and BF and I are expecting our first child. A little girl by the name of Rosemarie that we call Baby Rose for short We weren't trying for a baby but weren't being too careful either lol we both secretly wanted a baby! He's 30 so he felt it was "time" lol

I'm 25, about to turn 26 on May 8th and am leaving Monday to my home state Arizona where all my friends and family live for my baby shower

We were both born and raised there but just recently moved to Colorado to escape the deathly desert heat!

I'm a very open minded, gamer gal/tomb boy who's a kid at heart Also an open book so any questions, please feel free to ask!

May 5th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Heya!

LOVE the name Rosemarie! So classic and pretty!

I'm Jamie... I'm due 8/13 with a little girl we are naming Georgia (we plan to call her Georgie) DH and I are each other's second marriages and we both have kids from our previous ones- he has a 9 year old daughter and 7 year old son and I have a 3 year old son (will be 4 in a month). We have custody of all 3 kids so we're about to have a full house!

This baby was half planned! lol! DH had a vasectomy reversal after we got married because I wanted more children. We tried to get pregnant right before his deployment in May 2012 but it wasn't successful (maybe a good thing because in hind sight it would have sucked for him to miss 6 months of the pregnancy lol). He came home in November and we went on a cruise a week later... and 2 weeks later found out we were pregnant! We were totally shocked! lol

I'm also very, very open-minded! I'm pretty much a homebody, especially being pregnant because I've been crazy tired this pregnancy.

Oops, this got lengthy! lol
MommyPenguin4 likes this.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

May 5th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Super Mommy
I like lengthy!!! Gives me more to respond to

Thank you! It actually took me some time to warm up to because to me, it reminds me of an old lady LOL! BF actually was the one that came up with it. It's a mix between our mother's name's, Rosa and Maria. I thought it was adorable and even better bc her name has meaning behind it Her middle name is going to be Aurora after BF's grandmother who just passed away recently so again, meaningful. Awwww Georgie is an adorable nickname!! I love it!

Oh man yes that's defnitely a full house! How wonderful though and I'm sure always full of love We want 2 kids but would consider 3 if we were to have another girl. Have to try for a boy if that happens but that could leave us with 3 girls! Oh geez... lol

Daniel (BF) and I have been married once before too and plan on getting married eventually lol this wasn't the order we planned our life to be so now marriage is on the back burner I'm hoping our families offer to pay for a very small, backyard wedding :") I've always wanted a small wedding with just close friends and close family members.

He's actually still in the process of his divorce but thankfully it's NOTHING like it was with my ex husband. The courts here are just taking a while to finalize everything, they had a dissolution so they're still on friendly terms thankfully lol

My ex was in the army and deployed twice in a row for 15 months each and it was just really hard on us. I can never understand what he went through over there so I don't really blame him but he was never the same. Out of a 4 year marriage we only were with each other physically for about 5 months spread out over that time... ughhhhh. In the end there was just too many things I couldn't forgive and he told me he didn't feel bad for so it was over and man... was it a rough divorce! Glad it's over and I found my prince charming!

Oh wow that must have been exciting to find out after you cruise! I was freaking out when I found out LOL! Daniel was soooo incredibly happy, he really wanted to have a baby but I on the other hand was so SCARED! I still felt like I was a kid but now over the course of this pregnancy, I am so excited to be a mother! We can't wait to meet Baby Rose! <3

Yup same here, I'm a homebody as well. This is the first time I haven't worked in years and it's very nice... I do get bored sometimes and lonely because since we moved away from our friends and family and with me not working, it doesn't give me the chance to meet new people you know? That's what made me go searching for a good forum to keep me sane :")

I'm glad I'm not working too because of how much trouble I've been having with my leg! Not being able to stand or walk for more than 15 minutes really limits the type of jobs I could do lol

May 10th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Super Mommy
Oh! I forgot to say in my last post, you can subscribe to this so every time one of us responds, it will send you an email

Just an idea to help! I know I forget to check back with topics I've posted in

May 15th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Look! I remembered to check in haha!

I just subscribed to it too so now hopefully I'll get alerts!

How goes things??
MommyPenguin4 likes this.

*Thank you to

May 15th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Super Mommy
Lol yayyy!

Pretty good, I'm just worried about failing my glucose test I took yesterday because I totally forgot about it like a goof and had a bowl of sugary cereal for breakfast with toast and jelly on it! >_< Aww man! Lol

I'm measuring right at 28 weeks which is awesome and other than my leg getting pretty painful even when I'm not on it, everything else is good! Baby Rose is SUPER active now all day and it's so fun watching my belly lol I'll just sit here with my shirt up over my belly and watch her kick, punch and roll around in there

How are you?!

May 30th, 2013, 08:51 PM
cypressmama's Avatar Super Mommy
HI ladies! wow I am a horrible dd buddy! sorry girls I rarely remember to check in. So glad to have you join the party Lisette And I agree gorgeous name.

Jamie how are the contrax? I've been stalking your fb since you went in to get monitored..

I am Kristyn. I live In TX also due 8-13 and I too am a open minded homebody
I am a total dork who loves to paint/ write/ craft etc. I am a stay at home mom/stylist. I do hair out of my home.

We are having a little girl named Skylar Nicole (my middle name too) I'm sure she will have amillion nicknames like her big sis (Hailey Michelle aka muffin / bug/ cutie/ punkin/ sugar bear/ angel-princess-sparklenose lol )
dd number two is my silly little diva who LOVES to dance, do makeup, color and play with her bff at mcdonalds
I can't wait to be done ya'll not even playing

May 30th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Ahh I fail too! Totally forgot to check back in here! This time JM notified me of a reply though- much easier like that! lol

Things here are good now! Still having Braxton Hicks, they're painful this pregnancy though so that's new! When I was in L&D this weekend they were most definitely picking up on the monitor but the doctor felt okay with them because they weren't in a "labor pattern" she said!
My potassium was very low AND I'm anemic-- she said that both of those things could cause the contrax AND the dizziness/fainting. So I ended up with a prescription for iron (which I haven't filled yet, oops!) and they gave me two DISGUSTING potassium supplement because I threw up the pills they gave me. That stuff was awful, I swear it was like drinking pure SALT. It actually burned my lips!
After I drank those, I got hooked up to a potassium drip for a few hours. They said they replaced my potassium and don't think it should be an issue again during the pregnancy. But I do have strict instructions to drink orange juice and eat 2 bananas daily to keep the potassium at a good level. It's been hard because both are things I don't often eat/drink lol

Interesting thing though- I was starting to have restless leg syndrome... and once they replaced the potassium, it stopped! So I guess that can cause RLS and leg cramps too! I've been eating a banana before bed every night too and I think that's helping.

I haven't had the dizziness issue again, thank goodness. That scared the crap out of me. My allergies are acting up too so I think that really contributed to the whole situation, and now I'm taking Mucinex and feeling a lot better!

We close on our house tomorrow! I am SO excited! It's our old house though, not the new one. But as of tomorrow we officially have sold that house and I don't have to worry about it anymore! I have been so stressed out dealing with selling the house and my husband being gone. I've been totally lost and panicking over every single thing because it was up to me to get all these repairs done and waiting for appraisal, etc. I have hated every second of it and I will literally be dancing when I leave the lawyers office tomorrow!! lol

We don't close on OUR new house until 6/26 though My husband will be home by then thankfully so he has already promised me I don't have to do anything. I don't even have to go to the closing lol

We are staying with my sister (brother-in-law, and nephew) until the new house is ready. It's just Chase and I here at the moment- my step kids mom was able to take them until we move to make sure they finished the school year (she lives in teh same area we did). I'm very thankful to have somewhere to stay but I'm sure anyone can agree- it would just feel better to have a place of our OWN again.

I am dying to nest. I finally decided to make the baby's bedding... that's going to be interesting! I'm starting on it once we move though because I want to have her crib for exact measurements. I have a lot of ideas though and I can't wait to get started!

Whew... that was a lot of typing lol

Kristyn I wish you were closer to me lol! I need my hair done and don't even know where to start. I had it dyed a dark brownish red in October and my roots are awful because I was trying to grow the color out. My roots are a dark blonde, and in the sun they just keep on lightening! I want to go back to lighter hair but now sure of the correct process. My mom said I should have the color removed from my hair first but I don't even know how! lol

*Thank you to

May 31st, 2013, 10:51 PM
cypressmama's Avatar Super Mommy
Girl I HIGHLY recommend you bite the bullet and go to a good stylist who specials in color. Tony and guy or visible changes are good cause they focus and really train their stylists in one area so they know what they are doing. When you start dealing with color removal/bleach you REALLY want someone who knows what they are doing and just having a license doesn't mean squat. Most cosmo schools don't really teach you much, you just pretty much get your license. But one who has been working for a long while (at minimum a year or two) should have the experience to do a good job. Trust me, it's worth the money. (and I don't like to pay for my hair lol)
I'm so glad they figured everything out health wise though, I guess that's why diet is so huge in pregnancy.

June 24th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Hey ladies! How are we all doing?! Anything new and exciting going on?

We move into our new house this week!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

You both are active on FB right?- would you guys rather do group messagng through there so we don't forget this thread so much? lol

Also, I use AIM if either of you like to chat!!

*Thank you to

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search