Third trimester.. What do you have left to do/buy for baby?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree18Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, it's going by way too fast, I wish it would slow down!!!!!!

I just want to buy cloth diapers and some California Baby stuff, so I hope I get some of that from my shower off my registry. I also want to get a new car seat and a carrier.

May 6th, 2013, 07:42 AM
AprylLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think my to do list is bigger than my to buy list lol. I cant believe how fast this pregnancy is going. Ill be 24 weeks on friday, feel like I just poas and got that positive.
I went through all the clothes from my son and we have SO much. Not so much light weight for when he is first born but my sister is giving me some from her son. Once we are in the colder weather we are set.
Also need:
-tommee tippee bottles and binkies
-medela calma bottles
-breast pads
-pack n play and sheets
-crib sheets
-swaddle blankets
-mittens
I know Im missing something but thats pretty much the important things

Visit my blog:http://adventuresofamom.blog.com/
May 6th, 2013, 08:15 AM
cypressmama's Avatar Super Mommy
first time mommas, don't feel bad, the only reason a lot of us are mostly done is because we still had our nurseries set up/stuff from our previous babies. Otherwise if this were a first time deal for me good night I would have nothing We have been doing a lot of cleaning and organizing (by we I mean me) very little buying.

May 6th, 2013, 08:25 AM
miniRazz's Avatar <3 my rainbow baby
To buy:
Crib mattress (buying in a few weeks even though we don't need it for the first few months)
Lamp

To get done:
Shelves hung
Name wall decal hung
pick up swing from friend

To pick up (when finished):
Refinished dresser from my brother
Bassinet (made by my step dad)

Otherwise nothing to buy, there are little things on my shower list but nothing that is a must have.
Oh and my MIL gave us some $ towards the BOB stroller we want and then a few of my friends said they would chip in for the rest (baby shower gift), so excited!!!

Getting very excited to meet Matteo!!!

Last edited by miniRazz; May 6th, 2013 at 08:32 AM.
May 6th, 2013, 09:29 AM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think right now we have everything we need, we have some stuff I would like to get still but I also haven't had my baby shower yet. We have all of the big things though! Oh except we still need to paint but I think we decided for nesting purposes we are waiting until July so I don't drive myself to crazy the last month! LOL

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

May 6th, 2013, 09:39 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Only reason I'm done is because I skip a lot of things. No crib, no mattress, no changing table, no swing.

May 6th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Veteran
This is our first. I think we are doing pretty good so far. We have the crib, changer, some diapers, wipes, baby clothes (nb to 1 year already), bedding, room painted, decorations placed, bibs, blankets, paci's, bath towels, bath robes. More clothes, a baby bouncer seat. Burp cloths (embroidered by my mom), and some stuffed animals/security blankies. And a rattle.

Still on the needs list are stroller, pack and play, car seat, bottles, and a glider (my husbands only request). Possibly 2 showers to come, so not stressing out too much. Family has been amazing so far.

Dh and I are wanting to buy a matress to put in our guest room and a small tv to put in baby's room (mostly for us during feedings/late nights). And a small bookshelf for her room, and i think we will be set. 101 days left.
May 6th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
I still need a lot but I've been working on my registry.

The stuff I DO have:

Crib/mattress
clothes

everything else is on a list out out there but who knows when I'll get it. <-- slacker right here!

May 6th, 2013, 10:45 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't hit the third tri yet. Still, we have nothing done. We bought the crib and mattress, but haven't set it up. We have some diapers, blanket and clothes and that's it!

I am waiting for after my baby showers to go out and have a spending spree! That won't happen until end of July!
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
May 6th, 2013, 12:31 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I'm having two baby showers and not buying anything until after, so as of now, I only have her furniture, some bedding and her stroller

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

May 10th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Super Mommy
BF and I have everything we NEED! There are a few things I still want to get like a diaper bag, portable changing pad system and hangers lol

I can't believe how quickly we got everything! Our families really helped us out! This is our first. They bought all the big items like the nursery set, stroller, carseat, pack n play... yayyyyy!

May 10th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Veteran
i have some clothing but other than that i need everything :/ financially we are still up a creek without a paddle so im terrified we wont get what we need in time

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search