Third trimester.. What do you have left to do/buy for baby?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree18Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2013, 05:11 PM
cypressmama's Avatar Super Mommy
I have been feeling like this pregnancy has just crawled until yesterday. Someone was asking me how many weeks I was and I responded (almost 26 weeks) and then it hit me, I am one week away from my third trimester!

We are all nearing our third trimester... THIRD! Didn't we all just sign up and start this board?? When did we all get this far?

So let's talk. What do you have left to do/buy for baby?
KASHWORTH and mom2K&G like this.

May 5th, 2013, 05:26 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Um we haven't bought ANYTHING for her. We still need a carseat, blankets, well pretty much everything except a place for her to sleep. I did buy a few outfits, but I'm behind, but know it will get done, especially when school is out. SO ready to start nesting and preparing everything.
Jessmom likes this.

May 5th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know right? I'm in my third trimester....wuuut?

The days are sorta dragging for me though.

We just have small misc. items left to buy since I've bn buying stuff this whole time. I can't even think of what we need right now lol

Yesterday I washed up all of Zoeys baby clothes and diapers etc.

I have to put together her swing and car seat.
MommyPenguin4 likes this.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
May 5th, 2013, 05:29 PM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think we have all the needs. I do need new tubing for my pump, but since I rarely use it, I'm waiting for a deal. Oh I need a headband to match her coming home outfit, but I'm not having luck finding the right color. I may have to just go with the white one I got, but it'll look better with the pink.

May 5th, 2013, 05:39 PM
cypressmama's Avatar Super Mommy
Mom2rickyrainajavier:
I found that the tubing that goes with fish tanks is $2 at walmart and works with my medela pump in style!

I pretty much just need diapers and basic little things. Otherwise I have to finish washing clothes blankets organizing the nursery.
I am so excited!

May 5th, 2013, 05:50 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hit 27weeks on Friday.. 89days left til due date! It's crazy. Yes I have a countdown already!

I think I've finally ought everything I need and most things I don't. I still have a $300 list of like to have items.. But pretty much I'm all set! It's such a relief.. In June ill set it all up in his nursery.
yvee80 and MommyPenguin4 like this.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
May 5th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I still need things like diapers and wipes, some clothes for 0-3 and 3-6 bc my boys tend to grow at a quick pace! I also need to look into the rock n play I want and a few other things like a new baby bathtub!

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

May 5th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nursery is set up. Everything is bought. Everything is put together. So we are pretty ahead of the game I think.
mommy_to_nico and miniRazz like this.
May 5th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
we have most of the gear (my mom is buying us a playpen and carseat/stroller combo this weekend even though we don't really NEED them).

Only stuff left is sewing for me. Outfits, diapers, and bedding.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

May 5th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm at the point where I don't have to buy anything more but I'd like to. I'd like to buy more clothes,a bassinet and I'd like to buy a stroller frame but none are a requirement.

I can just co sleep,wear baby and do laundry more often.

May 5th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Momma2Chase's Avatar August 2013 DDC Co-Host
We have to move! lol

I need a lot still- we held off on most things because we weren't sure where we'd be living. It'd be easier to say what I got: some clothes, bottles, and her stroller/carseat.

I'm slackin!

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

May 5th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We have a lot of stuff done already but of course there's always something left to do/buy

To do:
Hang shelves in her nursery
Paint canvas for nursery
Clean the carseat very very well (Cole just recently moved out of it lol)

To buy:
A few bags of NB diapers
A few bottles just in case
Double jogging stroller
Some swaddles
Coming home outfit
Some parts for my pump
Wall hanging, mobile and pillow for the nursery from Etsy

I *think* that's it. There are some perks to still having a baby in the house. Wipes? Check! Baby proofed? Check! Crib and changing table? Check! Lol

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
May 5th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Our dresser is on back order so we're waiting to get that. The crib is sitting at bru and paid but we need to get both together just to do one trip with a truck. Apart from that, we need a video monitor and smaller things like bottles.

The huge wall decal I ordered came yesterday and I can't wait to see it on the wall.

I estimate that we should have at least 8 mths of diapers, maybe a year of wipes and enough clothes for newborn through 3 mths weather permitting.

my friend is making the crib bedding and curtains, so I can't wait to see our design come to life with her talents

I'm getting really excited now to get everything together in her nursery and the art on the walls and to meet her. It's going pretty quickly now.

May 5th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've got most of the big items. I still need to get something for her to sleep in since I'm not doing a crib and I need something to keep her stuff organized in, but I'm not sure if I want a changing table or small dresser.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my siggy!

May 5th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Super Mommy
We have been holding off for one reason then another. Of course time is ticking away. I bought a sleeper and onese this week but that's all. We get married in two weeks so I will get down to business after that. I need to empty out the spare room and have it painted. Then fill it up!! Can't wait to get going.
May 6th, 2013, 01:01 AM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
We still have a lot to purchase but i want to wait Neil after at least my first shower in June. I have purchased some clothing and will continue to do that and I also want to purchase her bedding now.

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
May 6th, 2013, 04:27 AM
mrskfet's Avatar Super Mommy
The only thing left that we NEED is the carseat, but DH"s grandparents are buying it for us. I've got diapers and inserts ordered and they'll be here before he gets here so I think we're pretty set.

That being said, I still WANT a bunch of bath stuff, some bottles for storing breastmilk, a pump, more clothes, receiving/swaddling blankets, etc. All the little stuff basically lol
EDD: Aug. 9th, 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 6th, 2013, 04:54 AM
Jhendrickson's Avatar Veteran
Ya'll make me feel so behind! We have the crib, dresser/changing table, stroller and the closet put together !I have started buying some clothes, but other than that (first baby) we have nothing!! Lots of showers coming up, so that will take care of things ....hopefully!
May 6th, 2013, 04:59 AM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
We have all the big stuff, stroller, crib, play mat, swing, vibrating seat, Pack and play. (we are using the ones from DS) All we have left to buy is a diaper bag, bottles, burp clothes, and just other little odds and ends we may want.

I honestly can't believe how close we are! Time has really passed by fast.

May 6th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have two showers. One is June 1st and I think the other will be some time this month. I don't plan on buying anything until after. I did buy a new crib last week. We had an old one and it was a drop side, so I figured it was worth it to buy a new one altogether since it was recalled back in 2009. Not even sure if you can still get the parts to fix? Either way, my sister went halfsies on it and she'll use it when she has a baby. Other than that, I have the bedding and have just been focusing on decorating the shared room.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search