Should I get the 3D ultrasound done?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2013, 03:02 PM
mommy2skyty's Avatar Super Mommy
So for my first 2 children I got a 3d ultrasound done and well it took a long time to get pictures of their face and then they weren't that great because my kids like to have their hands in front of their face! I really want to try again and maybe this time this little guy won't be shy and I can get some good pictures. It will cost $80 and includes lots of pictures and a DVD. They have a money back guarantee or I can come back later if my baby isn't showing his face. I will be 28 weeks at the end of the month and thought about making the apt then or a little later. Should I just save $80 and wait to see him at birth?

Skyla Helen- Feb 2nd, 2008
Tyler Lyman- Sep 6th, 2009

Quinn Kayden- Aug 17th, 2013

My kids are growing up soo fast!
May 6th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If you did it with the older two, I'd do it with this one if you have the money good memories

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

May 6th, 2013, 04:16 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's really up to you, but I will tell you that I had a 3D/4D done with #1 and #3, and #4, ALL at the doc's office, so I didn't pay out of pocket and #4's pictures were SOOOO good. He was sooo cooperative and still and AH it was awesome. The other 2 weren't very cooperative. I would do it, if it were that cheap here. It's $150 starting out here, grr.

May 7th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Super Mommy
Yes, I think you should get it done for memories. You never know what position baby might be in, so I think it's worth it. Im getting one at 29wks but this is my first so I don't know what it will be like but im taking a chance.

May 7th, 2013, 07:17 AM
miniRazz's Avatar <3 my rainbow baby
If you can afford it, I would do it since you did it with the other two babies.

May 7th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Veteran
I had originally thought it was a waste of money, but when I had a rude ultrasound tech for my 20 week appointment and she couldn't find the gender I was upset and scheduled one for the next day. BEST idea ever. Even though Baby was still tiny, the experience was wonderful. DH and I immediately signed up for a 30 week 3D ultrasound on the spot (even though it's $135 here).
May 7th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If its only $80 I'd do it for sure! It's $100 here but with the AP we were pretty much told it'd be a waste of money bc baby girls face is IN the placenta lol so definitely not worth it for us but if you don't have that issue I'd jump for that!

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

May 7th, 2013, 09:34 AM
FL Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do it!! I didn't get it done with my other two (they were fairly new back then and not readily available - to me anyway), so I am definitely getting it done this time. They won't even schedule until 30wks, though.

Noah Joseph - 8/22/03
Jonah Thomas - 9/29/05
Patricia Carryl - Due 8/23/13

Missing my Heavenly Babies - 10/28/04 - 14wks & Baby Born Still - 10/18/11 - 17wks

May 7th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would do it! I did it around 30 weeks with DS so I'm going to the same place and around the same time to get some for this baby

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search