Pediatritians

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By BeachMum
  • 1 Post By BabyT_heart_beat
  • 1 Post By UrbanMomma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
I am not sure of elsewhere, but here you have to have your 2 day follow up/check up for baby scheduled before they will discharge them from the hospital. There can be a waiting list for the Peds around here, lots of kids. So I suggest if it is similair in your area you start researching and finding one now. The same for daycare. Most of the places around here won't take a bay under 6 weeks, but the care provided for very small babies is so limited that it is recommended that you search and get on a list before you deliver. When I was pregnant with my 5 year old I was still working. I got put on a list of my choice of daycare(where I worked) when I found out the pregnancy was viable and even though it was months and months away I would have had to take more than maternity leave to cover his care before they would have a spot available. The reason for that is the ratio. There can only be so many babies per care provider. The space is very limited.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
May 7th, 2013, 01:07 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ANNDDD Make sure you ask around before choosing one and interview them.
Tinky likes this.

May 7th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
YES!!! Ask lots of questions and even mommys in your area if they have experience with the ped/clinic and or daycare. I know there are more than one side to every story etc but any info you get can be helpful.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
May 7th, 2013, 11:34 PM
BabyT_heart_beat's Avatar Baby girl Londyn 8/13
I was just thinking about when I should start looking for a pediatrician. Guess I better get looking.
Ray88 likes this.

****Thank you*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy****

May 8th, 2013, 06:25 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I don't do well baby checks. What exactly is the penalty of refusing? I have never heard of this.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
May 8th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definitely look for your pediatrician soon!

The Peds office I worked for (and took my son to) didn't require any notification for a 2 day well check though. 2 day wells were for breastfed babies only, with the lactation consultant and a quick peek by the doctor to okay everything. We always got the baby in no matter what and then the same for formula fed 2 weekers... I'd hate having a practice that booked up too quick to see a newborn! :/ call ahead and ask if it'd be an issue but hopefully you don't all run into that issue because here its definitely different

Urban- here there are no penalties for not doing well visits. The only issue you'd run into is if the kid needed a sports form for the school because they have to have a current physical for that, and worst case would be you'd have to schedule one or the schools won't allow them to play.

Vaccines too- if you don't have a waiver you need vaccines for school here and you can't get them without a well check.

Other than those two there's no consequence for skipping well appointments

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

May 8th, 2013, 10:21 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Oh, well I waiver out on vax and go to the clinic for sports physicals. Interesting though, I didn't know about requirements in some states for two day checks.
Anchored likes this.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
May 8th, 2013, 01:36 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here you don't have to get vaccines as long as you get an exemption form, but if you are homeschooling like we are they recommend bringing kids in for well visits. It's the governments way of heckling up on you... Because basically if child services ever sticks their nose in your business, they will use not going to well visits against you, calling it neglect, even though legally its not. They will twist anything to make a case though. Has anyone been paying attention to that family in the new who had their baby taken away because they switched hospitals for a second opinion when the first hospital recommended heart surgery? Totally messed up case, but sadly all too common.
May 9th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I dont know about any penalties for not going to well checks. I just know that before the hosital will discharge baby you have to have a 2 day appt already made. I am sure some made an appt but then just never went. You also have to take a class/watch a video on PURPLE crying. However, it HAS been 2 years so maybe policy has changed by now?

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search