How many outfits in each size are you getting?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2013, 08:21 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do this every time, I can never remember how many outfits/onesies/pjs is a good number to have in each size. What are you doing? I'm pretty sure I have gone way overboard in 0-3, how many newborn outfits/newborn stuff are you doing? What about 3-6? I'm having a blast shopping, of course, but I don't want to totally overbuy and have him not have a chance to wear the stuff a few times.

May 8th, 2013, 08:47 PM
mrsmckenzie1's Avatar Veteran
Most of my 0-3 months stuff is tshirts and sleepers. I got a few dresses but then i got a few 3-6 month as well. Most outfits i bought were 6 months or higher. When i say few i mean like 6-10. Mainly cause i will be home and this is Texas. For the first 3 months it willvstill be 90+ degrees.

May 8th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm trying not to overdo it in the newborn-6 month range because they really grow so super fast and then slow down a bit after that (at least my boys did). I have been getting a lot of hand-me-downs from friends though so I can't really control the amount of each size but I'm definitely not complaining!!

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
May 8th, 2013, 09:47 PM
BirdsWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't buy too much in newborn since my babies have both been big. However they were also both super pukers so I like to have outfit changes without having to do laundry every 2 days! That's not very helpful lol. I think I do at least 2 changes of clothes and 2 pjs a day. Now watch this baby won't be a puker and she'll grow slow so I wouldn't have needed all that haha!

May 8th, 2013, 11:02 PM
Super Mommy
I only have a handful of newborn sized things, about half a dozen sleepers in the 0-3 and 3-6 month range, about 10-12 onesies in those sizes and like 4 pants. I found with DS that the 6-9 month size was the one he was on the longest, so he had a lot more variety of clothing in that age. I actually felt like it was worth buying some fun things because I got to use them more than once!
May 9th, 2013, 03:05 AM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
i have no clue!!! I'm so confused I am going to see what we get as gifts, and then... maybe get more if we need to get more. I am not going out of my way to prebuy clothes in bigger sizes because I don't know how she'll grow. I don't know if she'll be long and thin, or short and chunky.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

May 9th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
Only got 2 newborn outfits, and handful of onesies and will get a couple more onesies in 0-3 size with about 3 or 4 shorts or pants and the rest I will buy when its time. My kids usually live in onesies till 6 months, outfits usually goes to waste around here till then.

May 9th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have probably 10-20 newborn, around the same 0-3,3-6 months and then a few bigger sizes I'm having a shower in a few weeks so I'm not purchasing anything else!

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

May 9th, 2013, 05:42 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just buy. I'd say at least 7 of each thing (1 a day). But I think I'm good on newborn, lol. I just find a cute dress and want it to fit her right away so I get newborn. I've been making myself stay away from nb and 0-3 because I think I have too much!

May 9th, 2013, 06:01 AM
AprylLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have maybe 6-8 nb outfits, a lot of 0-3, 3-6 I have a lot of too. Since a bunch of the clothes I had are for a winter baby Im not sure how much lighter clothes Ill need to buy so I got a few and if we need more Ill just run to the store. My sisters baby was born in july and she is giving me a bunch of clothes from him so I figure that should be good. For the colder weather months we are set for sure though.

Visit my blog:http://adventuresofamom.blog.com/
May 9th, 2013, 06:18 AM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
I haven't thought about it honestly, because Im just re using DS's clothes. I haven't even bought new clothes except for maybe 3 cute onsies. lol

May 9th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestlymonique View Post
Only got 2 newborn outfits, and handful of onesies and will get a couple more onesies in 0-3 size with about 3 or 4 shorts or pants and the rest I will buy when its time. My kids usually live in onesies till 6 months, outfits usually goes to waste around here till then.
I realized I wasn't very specific in my post lol, but this pretty much sums up what I'm doing too (without factoring in the hand me downs)

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
May 9th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
After 2 kids who had so many clothes that it was crazy ridiculous, we decided to do necessities this time around.

We have 3 NB Onesies. No Sleepers yet. We want to wait till she's born to see if she needs sleepers.

One NB Dress with cardigan and shoes.

8 0-3 month onesies. 5 0-3 month sleepers. 2 0-3 month pants. 2 3-6 month rompers.

We will pick up necessities as we need them so as not to over buy. 9 pairs of socks. And thanks to DD1, we have a TON of leg warmers that will be passing down.

I find leg warmers way easier to put on baby for diaper changes instead of pants.
May 9th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
We'll probably end up with quite a lot in 0-3. I don't usually buy anything in newborn sizes, but my girls have stayed in 0-3 for almost 6 months, so we buy a lot. I haven't figured out exactly how much I want though.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

May 9th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have 35 0-3 sleepers and about 20 0-3 outfits. I've bought like 10% of it. My friends are going crazy bringing me bags and bags of clothing lol

May 9th, 2013, 09:39 AM
mommy2skyty's Avatar Super Mommy
I was thinking I am lucky because I already have boy clothes from my son and really only have to buy newborn through 6 months clothes! My kids were almost 8 lbs at birth so I don't think I will need to buy many newborn clothes! I am enjoying buying onesies with cute sayings on them, he he!

Skyla Helen- Feb 2nd, 2008
Tyler Lyman- Sep 6th, 2009

Quinn Kayden- Aug 17th, 2013

My kids are growing up soo fast!
May 9th, 2013, 09:42 AM
miniRazz's Avatar <3 my rainbow baby
I've been given so many hand me downs that Matteo is beyond stocked up until he is 6 months old.
Onezies and sleepers, probably one a day for a month for O-3 and 3-6. NB I have a hand full of sleepers and probably 20 onzies, socks etc.
0-3: 5 rompers, 3-4 pants, 1 pair of shorts, a few sweaters and one rain jacket.
3-6: 3-4 pants, a few dressy shirts, Christmas stuff, and a few sweaters.

I know I have too much and then my friend called last night to tell me she just found more 0-6 months clothes so she is going through it and bringing me more...oh geez, I'm not sure where I'm going to store all this.

May 9th, 2013, 11:17 AM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
Its hard for me to say what I will need my DD was a little peanut and she had clothes up until she was 2 years old from the start!!! I am thinking this baby will be the same way, my mom and sister are going to go crazy...I'm pretty bad too but I have been pacing myself because I did several changes a day with DD to try to get at least one wearing out of everything still didn't work lol!!!!!

I will be purchasing necessities I think I will let mom and everyone else do the rest lol !!

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search