Update from the OB. Kinda long.

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mself145

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Veteran
I completed my glucose testing. I passed my 1 hour. I was nervous because i have been using my inhaler a lot more and that can cause higher blood sugar readings in some people. Not anemic, but Borderline. Continuing to take my iron tablets.

My doctor wanted two ultrasounds at this appointment. Because i had spotting a couple weeks ago, she wanted to double check my placenta position and cervix. She said both looked good. Anterior placenta, a bit low, but not covering the cervix. Nothing to worry about for now. But if i start bleeding again i have to go in immediately to be checked again. Cervix closed. No funneling. Perfect so far according to dr.

Now to check on baby. I gave a dvd to my dr to record the us, to show my husband as he couldnt make the apt due to work. Ultrasound starts, and baby is partially cooperating. All anatomy checked again. Measuring right on track. Heart looks great. This whole time the screen is facing my dr. As she goes to check that Bailey is a girl, the little stinker doesn't want to more her feet out of the way. I turn to my left, as that is the only surefire way to tick baby off. (She will kick forever until i turn). I turn flat on my back, and she shows 'all girl' my dr shows me the screen. And the picture is so much clearer than my previous ultrasounds. I can't wait to get home to watch the video! I call my husband and he is so excited! Just so relieved to get confirmation. He's can't wait to see his princess!

I get home, go to watch my dvd, and nothing is there. poor dh was so upset that all i had was a blurry picture that i 'stole' from my chart that said girl. And i felt like i missed out. I got great news the whole appointment, everything was great, then i can't see my little girl. But more devastating is my husband couldnt be there, and he missed out.

I told my husband i was going to pay out of pocket for a 4d ultrasound in 2 weeks so we can see Bailey. I am very frugal, (dh says i'm cheap). But i honestly don't care what it cost, i want us to see her. And this may be our only baby. I think its worth it.
miniRazz likes this.
May 9th, 2013, 09:45 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a FANTASTIC appointment but total bummer about the ultrasound The 4d ultrasound will be worth it though <3
May 9th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
So glad your appointment went well, but that definitely stinks about the dvd! Can't wait to hear how your new u/s goes!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search