28week apt/ Measuring big?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By ElliotsMommy13
  • 2 Post By ElliotsMommy13

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2013, 12:43 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies!

Its been a while since I really updated here because I want to know what is going on before posting but it always seems like everything is up in the air so I dont want to update while I dont know what is going on! Anyway.. I had my 28 week appointment on Thursday as well as the glucose test (which Im still waiting on results from). At the beginning of this pregnancy I was constantly losing weight then I was just not gaining until a couple weeks ago and now my total count is Im up like 18lbs and 16 of that was in the last 8 weeks! I have not changed anything in my diet so Im thinking the GD test might come back failed. My little man was also measuring at 32 weeks instead of 28 when he has been right on track the whole time before. Has anyone had experience with babies measuring bigger like that?? If he is still measuring bigger they will order another ultrasound to check him out.

While in my appointment, my midwife started asking if I have thought of a birth plan and if Im doing the childbirth class, etc.. She reassured me that if I made a birth plan, they will read it thoroughly and make sure it was followed. That definitely made things real.. Third trimester already! She told me all about kick counts since I had concerns of not feeling him much at all lately but pretty sure he is just going through a growth spurt and ran out of room. She also did a Non Stress Test and his heartbeat was perfect but he absolutely hates that monitor because as soon as it was hooked up he moved more than he has in a while as he started kicking at it. I go back in 2 weeks and hope my weight gain slows down!! I was doing sooo good.

Has anyone in past pregnancies experienced measuring 4 weeks ahead? I am just curious what that could mean.. if he is likely just to be big (maybe GD. hope not, though), if they would induce early if hes too big, or if he might come on his own early?? I know my dates are right and Im only 28 weeks. Im just glad that where I am being seen and delivering will do all things they can to avoid c-sections or even epistomies unless there is absolutely no other choice. I am glad because I want to do it naturally.. just starting to worry about a BIG baby.

Plus- its updated in my belly thread.. but thought I'd put it in here.. 28 weeks=3rd Trimester pic!!

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; May 11th, 2013 at 12:51 PM.
May 11th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Cute belly! I wouldn't worry about him measuring big, I think as you get further along it's hard to judge if they're 'ahead or on time' because they grow so fast and they are all so different. DS was measuring ahead and he was still born after his due date, he was a big baby though 8 pounds 13 ounces. This time my midwife said my uterus was measuring a couple weeks ahead and said it's probably just a growth spurt, but even with my ultrasound it didn't really show him measuring ahead.

May 11th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Super Mommy
Cute belly pic! I don't have any advice on a baby measuring big but I hope your test comes back with good results and that baby is just going through a growth spurt like Kashworth said!

May 11th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Hopefully just a growth spurt!! Its just a bit scary to think 4 weeks measuring ahead instead of 1 or 2.
Ray88 and MommyPenguin4 like this.

May 11th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Your belly looks cute!

I'm not sure if there is anything to worry about, but I understand your worry. At my 25 week ultrasound my babys weight was estimated at 2 pounds already. I thought that was a lot at her gestation.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my siggy!

May 11th, 2013, 02:11 PM
soaringphoenix's Avatar Mother Reborn
Sorry, I don't have any advice on the matter but like what was stated, hopefully your test will come back negative for GD and baby only had a growth spurt.

Cute bump!
May 11th, 2013, 03:17 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First of all, your belly is so cute!!! I hope they can find otu what's up with the rapid/sudden weight gain. Question: Is the BABU measuring 32 weeks (ultrasound) or us your stomach measuring 32 weeks (fundal height). I think I thought you meant your stomach before but maybe I've been a little brain dead lately... If you mean your fundal height that doesn't necessarily mean the baby is measuring big, but I hope you get some definitive answers soon either way.

I'm so glad your midwife is asking you about your birth plan and reassuring you they will read it and follow your wishes. That's so awesome! As for baby measuring big, if the baby himself is big, some people induce for that and some don't. Baby will come when his lungs and body are ready, but some babies do grow faster (not just weight/size, but development, too) and then come early. That's what happened with my first 3 kids.
May 11th, 2013, 03:22 PM
My belly is measuring ahead I guess. She felt my uterus and measured it like 3 times and said if it is still big next time she will schedule an ultrasound to check him out. I am not so much worried now.. just wish I knew if he was really that big or if he was developmentally ahead as well.

May 11th, 2013, 03:33 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If he keeps measuring ahead and you have the ultrasound, they might have a better idea of that then. It could be any number of things though, like fluid retention, etc. Of course, it's something to look into either way, so I understand your concern--maybe though it will resolve itself by your next visit. Hope so, anyway! did they say no news is good news on the GD, or will they call you either way?
May 11th, 2013, 03:59 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Measuring ahead could be due to a lot of things, fluid retention, the way the baby is laying, etc. Usually they wouldn't be concerned unless you are measuring ahead for more than one appointment. The weight gain could really just be your body catching up since you hadn't gained any to start with.

You look good!!!!
#12 is on the way
May 12th, 2013, 11:42 AM
mariri's Avatar Veteran
cute belly pic, i am measuring two weeks ahead

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search