Failed too!

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By alittlelost

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2013, 11:51 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
By three freaking points! I will not be taking the 3 hr though. After yesterday I can't get stuck 4 times in a day, I can not drink that disgusting drink again, ad I can not physically sit there for 3 hours! Plus I'm delivering early anyway. And she thinks I can go 12 hrs without eating, plus the 3 hrs during the test, is she insane?

May 14th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Mommy of 3
Ugh that sucks!!!

May 14th, 2013, 12:33 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You could always just go on the diet they recommend for GD as a precaution. I can understand not wanting to do the three hour, though, I guess that made doing the one hour pointless, huh?
May 14th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelost View Post
You could always just go on the diet they recommend for GD as a precaution. I can understand not wanting to do the three hour, though, I guess that made doing the one hour pointless, huh?
I wonder if I failed because the day before I was craving sweats so I had a lot of sugar the day before. I'm just oing to watch what I eat, and when I go back to he doc in 2 weeks let them know. That and I had waffles for breakfast, no syrup though (waffles had fruit in them), And a small sp of soda, test was at lunch time. I mean we went and watched iron man when it came out and afterwards I was in so much pain from sitting for 2 hrs, and the movie theater seats are way more cushioned than the doc office seats. But really, for 3 points, is there really a point o doin h 3 hr when I'm already being monitored as high risk anyway?

May 14th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, that sucks. I wouldn't want to do the 3 hour either. If you think your diet affected it maybe they can re-do the 1 hour? Or like Lost said just go on the GD diet as a precaution.

May 14th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
So sorry you failed!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

May 14th, 2013, 01:24 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, my midwives really go out of their way to avoid need for a 3 hour. They do glucose tests first appointment of the day. They say no sugars or carbs after 6pm. Then in the morning, you can eat again (high protein, no sugar or carbs, etc) but have to finish eating 2 hours before the appointment. Basically I had tacos for dinner, then snacked on things like nuts, then had 2 hardboiled eggs for breakfast at 7am, and then at 9am I had my glucose drink and 10am I had the test. It sounds like most doctors don't take the same precautions and get high level of 1 hour test failures OR ask women to fast too much. They probably don't care if a woman needs a 3 hour because that's just another appointment to bill insurance for.
UrbanMomma and mom2K&G like this.
May 14th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Veteran
Sorry you failed the test, especially by three points! That is a real bummer
May 14th, 2013, 03:28 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That stinks! I wouldnt want to do the 3 hour in your situation.. Hopefully you can just modify your diet and be alright. Would they re-do the one hour?

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
May 14th, 2013, 03:51 PM
IvyMommy's Avatar Veteran
That stinks
May 14th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissamarie247 View Post
That stinks! I wouldnt want to do the 3 hour in your situation.. Hopefully you can just modify your diet and be alright. Would they re-do the one hour?
I didn't ask. Even if I was going to take the 3 hr, I don't know how I would with kids in school. One only goes from 730-1200 so I wouldn't have enough time to go when he's at school, I also babysit my niece and there's no way I'd take her there for 3 hrs, I took her yesterday to the 1 hr and that was bad enough, haha. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do with kids when I start the nsts!

May 14th, 2013, 05:49 PM
I've been reading, and apparently my meds, ursodoil, can affect blood sugar. So I probably shouldn't have taken that or my prenatals in the morning fore the test.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search