Student Mamas Check In!

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Honestlymonique
  • 1 Post By Kelllilee
  • 3 Post By lucyinthesky88

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2013, 12:36 PM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How's it going? Is everyone done, or finishing up their semester about now?

I just finished my semester and I got an A in Chemistry Lab and Lecture, and I got a C in Calculus.. I was hoping for a B, but I passed and I never have to take a Math class again!! My public speaking class starts in 2 weeks! I convinced DH to go back to school as well! He works so he will just be doing 1 online class per semester but he already got most of he difficult classes out of the way forever ago, and we are still paying down his giant student loans so it i will be good if he gets a degree before those credits expire instead of wasting all that money, and I think he gets paid more from work with a completed degree. I'm excited for him

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
May 14th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
That's great! It's also good that ur husband is going back. My husband n I started school also. I talked him into it. He took 3 classes all night classes n I'm so proud of him. Our classes just ended on the 2nd. I made B's n a C of course my c was in math cause I'm horrible at it lol. Husband did great too. We start summer classes next week. Since the bam bean-o is coming we decided to not take a summer break. I'm just so proud we actually doing good and going when some people would have made excuses.
KASHWORTH likes this.

May 14th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Good job!

This quarter is about 75% done, I'll be done around June 11th. So far I'm holding steady at a 4.0 in biology and stress management, and around a 3.0 in Statistics (only re-took to get a better grade but clearly I can't get a better grade but have to finish the class anyway, booo!)

I just got registered for fall. Should be interesting going to school with a newborn, but hopefully it'll work!
KASHWORTH likes this.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

May 14th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Veteran
I just want to let all of you student mamas know how much I admire you! Getting a degree/going to school while being pregnant and/or already having children, I imagine, can be stressful. Heck, I was stressed and felt stretched to the max even without having children throughout college. Just wanted to let you know how awesome you ladies are Keep up the hard work!
May 14th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Kaisia's Avatar Veteran
I have one more class, which will start tomorrow and end in July. It's just a one credit-hour capstone for the program so shouldn't be as time-consuming as a regular class...I hope.
May 14th, 2013, 04:09 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
Just finished my business law class last week with an A and tarted my macroeconomics clas last Tuesday, excited to finish up with everything ! My mom just got her degree on the 3rd i am 1 proud daughter !

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
May 14th, 2013, 04:49 PM
mommy2skyty's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow you ladies are amazing! When I got my degree I was going to school full time and working almost full time, but I couldn't imagine going to school being a mommy too!

Someone once told me being a mommy is like going to college! What they forgot to mention is you can put the book down or stop typing a paper for the night, but with a baby you are up all night and just can't put the baby to sleep hoping it will stay asleep. For me being a first time parent was much harder than going to college and I thought I knew what to expect!

Just curious what is everyone getting their degree in?

I got my AA in liberal studies, BA in Liberal Arts (Elementary education) and then went back at night to one of those expensive colleges to get my teaching credential to teach elementary school! I am still paying off my teaching credential, but I someday want to go back to school to get my teaching credential to be able to teach special education or maybe even a single subject in history to teach at the high school level!

My husband is a business guy and has a AA in business and a BA in strategic management. We met while in junior college and he now works for a bank doing second mortgages.

Skyla Helen- Feb 2nd, 2008
Tyler Lyman- Sep 6th, 2009

Quinn Kayden- Aug 17th, 2013

May 14th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
I'm working on pre-reqs for the nursing program and lactation consultant certification. If all goes according to plan, I will test for the LC cert next July and enter the nursing program next September.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

May 14th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
My husband is getting a degree in business and I'm going for my masters in Social work

May 14th, 2013, 06:16 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
Business

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search