Too Fat for DH to Feel Baby?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By miniRazz

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Veteran
I'm a 26 weeks FTM and for the past 4 weeks I've felt the baby moving. She's mostly pretty still but several times a day she'll kick like crazy for 10-30 minutes. My DH has been desperately trying to feel her move for the past 2 weeks and is getting discouraged. Even when she's going "kick crazy" I'll put my hand on my stomach and not feel a thing either.

I'm overweight to begin with (size 18 pre-pregnancy) and I'm worried that DH and I will never be able to feel her move outside my stomach. I really want DH to experience this. Any past plus sized mommas have experience they can share?
May 15th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Mine has always been able to feel my babies by about 20 weeks but sometimes he has to press more firmly early on.... I've been anywhere between a size 16 and 22 pre-pregnancy (depending on which pregnancy!). Maybe he just needs to move his hand to a different spot? Mine can't feel it with fingertips, but can with his palm.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

May 15th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not a thin person but I'm not on the larger side either. with that being said, the ONLY way my husband can feel the baby moving is if I'm laying completely flat and he lays his head on my belly. There has too be quite a bit of pressure or he can't feel it. Try that way.

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

May 15th, 2013, 11:47 AM
soaringphoenix's Avatar Mother Reborn
I'm a size 14 pre-pregnancy, anterior placenta, and also a FTM and yes it did take a while for him to feel the baby. Like the other ladies said, try to press down more. Also, for the little kicks, he still doesn't feel those, but he can for the larger ones.
May 15th, 2013, 11:50 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It could just be your baby being stubborn? I was at an 11 pre pregnancy and my baby just does not like to be felt. Lol. He will kick the cat when shes leaning on him but when a hand goes down to feel the movement (that can even be seen from outside) he stops. He either really likes to feel the hand and doesnt move anymore or is just being a little stinker that he doesnt want anyone to feel him moving but me. Also, the placenta is in the front for me so that also prevents feeling quite as much movement. Dont get discouraged! There could be a number of reasons. Ive had a couple friends much bigger than you while pregnant and it just took a little longer but you will feel her moving at some point.. and she is letting you know shes there from the inside.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
May 15th, 2013, 11:50 AM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I'm 18 prepregnancy and my DH has felt baby move It took a bit and some very good timing. Only her big kicks can be felt from the outside and my baby isn't very much of a kicker.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

May 15th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Super Mommy
I'm a bigger girl too and it took a while for BF to feel baby move. I could feel her kicking bc well... she's inside me obviously lol but it wasn't until pretty recently (i'm 28 weeks) for him to REALLY feel her. I ALWAYS have to be lying down with my legs dangling off the bed so my belly is stretched out if that makes sense? It sticks my baby belly out more than my non baby belly LOL!

He'll be able to soon don't worry! And yes I agree with the other ladies that it also calls for good timing to feel those big kicks!

May 15th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i'm a 16 pre pregnancy and hubby started to feel her move a few weeks ago, it will happen

May 15th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was a 14 pre pregnancy, have an anterior placenta and DH very rarely feels her kick. I think it's normal still and in a few weeks those kicks will be unmistakeable

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

May 15th, 2013, 02:42 PM
miniRazz's Avatar <3 my rainbow baby
I was 16-18 pre pregnancy and my SO has only been able to feel baby for a week or so but that has only been about 2 times. My little guy is getting more active and I can see my belly moving now however I'm very short so there is not many places for him to go.
I'm sure you and DH will be able to feel baby very soon
MommyPenguin4 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search