how active is your baby?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By FL Mama
  • 2 Post By Honestlymonique
  • 1 Post By Fins
  • 1 Post By mirdeemrlvs

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
I seriously feel my son kick every hour. Not just one or two kicks, I mean he moves around like he's playing football. Only time I don't really feel him for more than an hour is when I'm sleep (when he will finally ease up n let me go). This is new to me my girls barely kicked, they were more chilled. I'm wondering if I should bring this up to my Dr. or is this normal

May 16th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Whitney has been super active, but the last week has slowed down. I figure things are just getting more cramped. Now she wiggles more than full kicks. But I rarely go more than 1-2 hours without feeling her.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

May 16th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Super Mommy
I think it's normal. All my pregnancies, the babies have been kick/wiggle crazy. It does slow down toward the end tho, and that's normal too.
May 16th, 2013, 09:58 AM
FL Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Patti is very active. She'll take a couple breaks during the day, but she moves around a lot. I've even gotten a few good kicks that actually startled me. LOL!!
lucyinthesky88 likes this.

Noah Joseph - 8/22/03
Jonah Thomas - 9/29/05
Patricia Carryl - Due 8/23/13

Missing my Heavenly Babies - 10/28/04 - 14wks & Baby Born Still - 10/18/11 - 17wks

May 16th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel him every couple of hours, I don't feel him every hour. Occasionally I'll feel him moving around in the middle of the night but only if i'm awake for a bit!

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

May 16th, 2013, 10:12 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lately my little man barely moves. I think he's been going through growth spurts. It goes from barely feeling him a few days to feeling him more and then not as much.. I get worried but then have to drink a cold glass of water and sit for an hour and count movements and know he's ok.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
May 16th, 2013, 10:23 AM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
Dominic moves like crazy!! Almost every hour i feel him kicking and rolling! The only time I don't feel him for awhile is when I am asleep. I swear he is doing karate in there or something!

May 16th, 2013, 10:25 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's a mover for sure. I think it's more noticeable when she's quiet now than when she's moving. My last baby was sooo chill and moved at certain times of day, this one is crazy like my first and third child. I'm hoping she's not a wild child like them!

May 16th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think I feel her every hour, but I know I feel her a lot. I got worried last week and laid on my side to do a kick count and I felt her move at least 20 times in just 10 minutes. It was pretty funny. She's super active around 9pm pretty much every night.

May 16th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd say its pretty normal. Zoey is very very active too. I feel her all the time.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
May 16th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i feel victoria kick frequently through out the day, she rests when i'm sleeping, then kicks and moves around usually in the morning when daddy is getting ready for work.

May 16th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Super Mommy
You could mention it to your doctor if you like but it sounds normal to me. Baby Rose has been the most active she has ever been this past week! I think my body caught up and made more room for her and seriously the only time I don't feel her is right when I wake up but even then there has been a few jabs here and there... Your little guy might just have a lot more room and once he grows will run out of it again and not move as much

May 16th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
Okay I was a lil worried. You would think this was my first kid. The girl pregnancies was way different I didn't have any of the pregnancy symptoms or issues I have with this one. The girls was chill n kicks were all soft. I feel like my son is trying to kick field goals.
Ray88 and MommyPenguin4 like this.

May 16th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestlymonique View Post
Okay I was a lil worried. You would think this was my first kid. The girl pregnancies was way different I didn't have any of the pregnancy symptoms or issues I have with this one. The girls was chill n kicks were all soft. I feel like my son is trying to kick field goals.
I hear you! Last night she LITERALLY punched my pubic bone.. we were watching tv eating dinner and out of now where I was like, "OWWWWWWW! What the hell?!!" Lol She kicks me so hard sometimes or rest her head on her elbow digging into my side it feels like! Oh geez

May 16th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Veteran
Our little guy is pretty active too, especially this last week. I swear it feels like his kicks have doubled in force! Like FL Mama was saying about her LO, there have definitely been a couple of times where it startled me if I was concentrated on something. One of my favorite things to do as I'm lying in bed at night is to watch my stomach... all of his turns and wiggles
May 16th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't feel her a ton to begin with but the last week or two I feel her a lot less (but still enough to not concern me). I was thinking growth spurt too, and confirmed my suspicions yesterday when I noticed three new DARK stretch marks on my tummy lol

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

May 16th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
my little dude is wiggling up a storm as I type this. Unless I'm moving around I feel him all the time. I felt him do a full flip the other day and it startled me. I thought my uterus was falling out of my body. Oh, and he gets hiccups ALL the time.

I do hold my breath every morning until I start feel him moving around. This stage scared me to death with my daughter because she stopped moving a few times.
MommyPenguin4 likes this.

May 16th, 2013, 02:58 PM
carolinashore's Avatar Veteran
Levi has been moving a lot lately. He usually stops at night, but last night I woke up to lots of kicking.

May 16th, 2013, 03:34 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I noticed a lot more movement almost 2 weeks ago. I have a preg. app on my phone and it said between 24-28 weeks movement picks up and then it slows down because baby gets bigger. I am glad I read that, because I can take these really big kicks in stride knowing it won't last long.

I notice her kicking most when I am hungry but am ignoring it... hehe
MommyPenguin4 likes this.

May 16th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It seems like once a month she will go through a couple of days of just sleeping and will hardly move at all. She'll give me a kick if I poke at her, but otherwise nothing. But other than those couple of days, she moves constantly. I swear she has four arms and four legs

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search